About the Pro-ject RPM 3 Carbon
Savor the sweet sounds of vinyl
Savor the sweet sounds of vinyl
This Pro-Ject RPM 3 Carbon comes equipped with the high-performance Sumiko Amethyst moving magnet cartridge.
You may be new to vinyl listening, or you may be a veteran audiophile ready to revisit your album collection. Whichever description fits you, Pro-Ject's RPM 3 Carbon is an excellent way to get the best out of your records.
Precise construction and careful attention to design and materials allow this player to retrieve layers of sonic detail from the grooves of your favorite albums. Its striking appearance and high-gloss piano lacquer finish make this 'table look every bit as good as it sounds.
A focus on performance
The RPM 3 Carbon's unusual boomerang-shaped MDF chassis does more than just look cool — it also resists vibrations that can smear sonic detail. The 'table rests on three vibration-damping cone feet that further reduce noise. The heavy MDF platter is topped by an integrated mat made from recycled record vinyl, and spins on an inverted bearing with a ceramic ball for smooth, silent rotation and reduced rumble.
The motor is driven by an ultra-precise AC generator with a DC power supply for enhanced speed stability. The isolated motor assembly and belt drive system keep motor vibration away from the chassis, preventing noise from being transferred to the cartridge.
Pre-mounted Sumiko Amethyst cartridge
This 'table features a pre-mounted Sumiko Amethyst moving magnet cartridge — the top of Sumiko's Oyster line. It's equipped with a high-end nude line-contact stylus that is designed to read a record groove with extreme detail. The result? Wide frequency response, responsive dynamics, and low noise.
It's mounted on an advanced, S-shaped 10" tonearm made from carbon fiber, aluminum, and resin construction for superior rigidity, strength, and maximum internal resonance damping. A damped, offset counterweight design lowers the arms center of gravity to improve tracking — a big help with warped records. And the RPM 3 Carbon comes outfitted with an easy-to-use magnetic anti-skating mechanism for faster setup.
- 12" resonance-optimized medium density fiberboard (MDF) platter with integral recycled record vinyl mat
- precision inverted bearing with ceramic ball for smooth platter rotation, greater speed accuracy, and low wow-and-flutter
- central mass point optimizes vibrancy behavior
- extra-long 10" one-piece S-shaped tonearm made from carbon fiber, aluminum, and resin for better rigidity and internal vibration damping, plus reduced tracking angle error
- includes pre-mounted Sumiko Amethyst moving magnet cartridge
- frequency response 12-35,000 Hz
- tonearm offers adjustment of vertical tracking angle and azimuth for optimized playback performance and cartridge-matching
- medium density fiberboard (MDF) plinth with three vibration-absorbing cone feet
- 15-volt AC motor driven with ultra-precise AC generator and DC power supply
- magnetic anti-skating for easy setup and more precise tracking
- isolated motor assembly optimized for low noise and speed stability
- manual operation with silicone-damped tonearm lift
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds with manual speed change
- speed drift: ±0.19% at 33 RPM, ±0.08% at 45 RPM
- wow and flutter: ±0.14% at 33 RPM, ±0.11% at 45 RPM
- signal-to-noise ratio: 71 dB
- detachable RCA audio cable included
- tracking force gauge included
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
- dust cover not included
Dimensions and warranty:
- 14-15/16"W x 4-7/8"H x 13-1/2"D
- weight: 12.1 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years (1 year warranty for the supplied cartridge)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PRO1140017
What's in the box:
- Turntable (tonearm and cartridge installed)
- AC power supply (attached 6.5' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug adapters (US/UK/EU)
- MDF platter w/ integrated vinyl mat
- 47" RCA stereo cable (attached ground wire)
- 45 RPM adapter
- Anti-skate weight
- Counter weight
- Headshell weight
- 3 Protective discs
- 2 Hex-keys
- Stylus Pressure Gauge
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
- Instructions For Use
- Warranty Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-ject RPM 3 Carbon
Precision Belt Drivem with Inverted Platter Bearing System: The Pro-Ject RPM 3 Carbon features a precision belt-drive system using a quiet running synchronous motor. It supports both 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds.The turntable's low resonance MDF chassis holds a newly designed inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball for further reduced rumble. The platter is made from 300mm MDF and features an integrated vinyl mat.
Outboard Motor & External Power Supply: An outboard 15V AC motor is smoothly driven using an ultra-precision AC generator with DC power supply for further enhanced speed stability
S-Shaped Tonearm: A completely new designed S-shaped 10" tonearm tube is made from carbon fiber, aluminum and resin. Using a complex 3-step process with heat treatment and 100 bar pressure, the arm tube rigidity is strenghtened, internal damping is maximized, and resonances are reduced to a minimum. This makes the tonearm also suitable for MC cartridges. Additional features of the tonearm are a new magnetic antiskating mechanism and a TPE-damped counterweight.
Sumiko Amethyst MM (Moving Magnet) Cartridge: The pre-installed Sumiko Amethyst is a high-performance moving magnet phono cartridge that utilizes a nude Line-Contact stylus and an upgraded generator assembly providing ultra-low noise, hair-raising dynamics, and superior tracking. This unique setup benefits from the same physically-generated electromotive forces fundamental to MM designs which accurately recreate the original sound of any recording. The Amethyst is an easy choice when looking for the most performance possible along with the versatility to pair well with nearly any phono stage on the market.
Gold-Plated RCA Outputs: The Pro-Ject RPM 3 Carbon is outfitted with a set of gold-plate stereo RCA outputs that provide excellent audio signal transfer and resistance against corrosion. A high-quality stereo RCA cable is included. Pro-Ject's Connect-it-E cable is a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable, with superior shielding. However, you can always upgrade to an even high quality cable if preffered.
Damped & Height Adjustable Feet: The RPM 3 Carbon stands on two height adjustable, damped aluminum cone feet and one height adjustable central mass point that optimizes vibrancy behavior and ensures the turntable is perfectly level and stable for high-performance sound.
MDF Plinth with High Gloss Finish: The Pro-Ject RPM 3 Carbon's attractive, low-resonance MDF plinth is available in 3 high-gloss color finishes; choose from Black, White, or Red.
No Dust Cover: This turntable does not come with a dust cover.