About the Pro-Ject RPM 5 Carbon
A music-lover's turntable
A music-lover's turntable
Pro-Ject's RPM 5 Carbon offers striking good looks, excellent build quality, and a top-notch listening experience. Its teardrop-shaped MDF chassis does more than just look cool — it also resists vibrations that can smear sonic detail. An acoustically inert 12" acrylic platter spins on an inverted bearing with a ceramic ball for smooth, silent rotation and reduced rumble. And its one-piece straight carbon fiber tonearm offers superior rigidity and tracking accuracy.
Pre-mounted Sumiko Amethyst phono cartridge
The pre-mounted Sumiko Amethyst cartridge is the top of Sumiko's Oyster line of phono cartridges. It's equipped with a high-end nude line-contact stylus that can read a record groove with extreme detail. The result? Responsive dynamics, wide frequency response, and low noise. You'll hear your favorite tracks the way they're meant to sound.
- medium density fiberboard (MDF) plinth with three vibration-absorbing aluminum feet
- acoustically inert 12" acrylic platter
- precision inverted bearing with ceramic ball for smooth platter rotation, greater speed accuracy, and low wow-and-flutter
- 9" straight carbon fiber tonearm
- manual operation with silicone-damped tonearm lift
- includes pre-mounted Sumiko Amethyst moving magnet cartridge
- frequency response: 12-35,000 Hz
- TPE-damped counterweight eliminates unwanted resonance
- 15-volt AC motor driven with ultra-precise AC generator and DC power supply
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds with manual speed change
- speed drift: ±0.12% at 33 RPM, ±0.1% at 45 RPM
- wow and flutter: ±0.17% at 33 RPM, ±0.08% at 45 RPM
- signal-to-noise ratio: 73 dB
- detachable RCA audio cable included
- dust cover not included
Dimensions and warranty:
What's in the box:
- Turntable (tonearm and cartridge installed)
- AC power supply (attached 6.5' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug adapters (US/UK/EU)
- Motor stand
- Acrylic platter
- Felt mat
- 47" RCA stereo cable (attached ground wire)
- 45 RPM adapter
- Record weight
- Two-piece anti-skate weight
- Counter weight
- Headshell weight
- 3 Feet
- 3 Protective discs
- 2 White gloves
- 2 Hex-keys
- Plastic hook-tool
- Platter/Pulley tool
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
- Instructions For Use
- Warranty Information
Pro-Ject RPM 5 Carbon reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject RPM 5 Carbon
Precision Belt Drivem with Inverted Platter Bearing System: The Pro-Ject RPM 5 Carbon features a precision belt-drive system using a quiet running synchronous motor. It supports both 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds.The turntable's low resonance MDF chassis holds a newly designed inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball for further reduced rumble. The acoustically inert platter is made from acrylic and comes with a felt mat.
Outboard Motor & External Power Supply: An outboard 15V AC motor with external stand is smoothly driven using an ultra-precision AC generator with DC power supply for further enhanced speed stability
9" Evo Tonearm: The turntable's 9" Evo tonearm, which is made from carbon fiber, is suitable for any high-quality MM or MC cartridge. The 9" Evo tonearm provides precise tracking of the record groove and efficiently redirects parasitic vibrations away from the cartridge into the mounting board. The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon fiber in a conical shape in order to avoid standing wave reflections. Furthermore, the inverted bearing, arm bearing and counterweight are all designed to avoid and reject resonance.
Sumiko Amethyst MM (Moving Magnet) Cartridge: The pre-installed Sumiko Amethyst is a high-performance moving magnet phono cartridge that utilizes a nude Line-Contact stylus and an upgraded generator assembly providing ultra-low noise, hair-raising dynamics, and superior tracking. This unique setup benefits from the same physically-generated electromotive forces fundamental to MM designs which accurately recreate the original sound of any recording. The Amethyst is an easy choice when looking for the most performance possible along with the versatility to pair well with nearly any phono stage on the market.
Gold-Plated RCA Outputs: The Pro-Ject RPM 5 Carbon is outfitted with a set of gold-plate stereo RCA outputs that provide excellent audio signal transfer and resistance against corrosion. A high-quality stereo RCA cable is included. Pro-Ject's Connect-it-E cable is a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable, with superior shielding. However, you can always upgrade to an even high quality cable if preffered.
Damped & Height Adjustable Feet: The RPM 5 Carbon stands on three height adjustable, damped aluminum "tip-toe" feet that optimize vibrancy behavior and ensure the turntable is perfectly level and stable for high-performance sound.
MDF Plinth with High Gloss Finish: The Pro-Ject RPM 5 Carbon's attractive, low-resonance MDF plinth is available in 3 high-gloss color finishes; choose from Black, White, or Red.
No Dust Cover: This turntable does not come with a dust cover.