About the Pro-Ject 2Xperience SB GP
Built to last, and to sound amazing
Built to last, and to sound amazing
This turntable is built for serious vinyl lovers. Everything about the Pro-ject 2Xperience SB GP does double duty — helping it sound great and look good, too. The anti-resonance heavy MDF plinth features real wood veneer, for instance. The audiophile-grade 9cc Evolution carbon-fiber tonearm and dense sandwich-style platter are additional stylish touches that provide a high-quality listening experience.
The 'table also offers electronic speed change between 33-1/3 and 45 rpm. RCA cables are included for connecting to a receiver with phono stage or an outboard phono preamp.
Excellent cartridge for high-definition sound
The 2Xperience SB GP comes with a pre-mounted Sumiko Blue Point No. 2 moving coil cartridge. The low overall mass of a moving coil design allows the stylus to track each record's grooves more accurately, yielding greater sonic detail and transparency. And it's a high-output cartridge, which offers direct compatibility with the phono inputs on more receivers and amps, so you don't have to buy a specialized phono preamp.
- heavy, non-resonant platter with balanced "sandwich" configuration
- vinyl top layer acts as a built-in turntable mat
- lightweight screw-down record clamp eliminates record vibration and rumble
- electronic speed control (33-1/3 and 45 rpm)
- noise-reducing stainless steel platter bearing
- audiophile-grade 9cc Evolution carbon fiber tonearm
- pre-mounted Sumiko Blue Point No. 2 high-output moving coil cartridge
- inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)
- heavy MDF base with real wood veneer
- speed variation: ±0.3%
- wow and flutter: ±0.12%
- signal-to-noise ratio: 70dB
- frequency range (with included cartridge): 15-35,000 Hz
- channel separation (with included cartridge): 32dB @ 1kHz
- shielded low-capacitance phono cables included
- gold-plated RCA audio jacks
Dimensions and warranty:
What's in the box:
- Turntable base (tone-arm and cartridge installed)
- Hub (installed)
- Platter (installed)
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6.5' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug adapters (US/UK/EU)
- Drive belt
- Dust cover
- Felt mat
- 47" Stereo RCA audio cable (with ground wire)
- Counter weight
- Anti-skate weight
- 45 RPM adapter
- 3 Feet discs
- Head-shell weight
- Plastic hook tool
- Instructions for Use
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject 2Xperience SB GP
Belt Driven w/ Electronic Speed Control: A precision control motor and a two-step pulley drives the hub and platter via a flat-ground belt for effective speed stability. The 2-Xperience SB supports 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds.
Non-Resonant Construction: The heavy chassis is made from MDF using a non-resonant construction technique. The turntable platter is built with heavy, non-resonant materials in a precisely balanced sandwich configuration. A vinyl layer acts as the perfect turntable mat. A screwable and light-weight record clamp eliminates unwanted record vibration and rumbling of the main platter bearing. The audio performance of the final product benefits from the resonance-free platter, avoiding the ringing effect of common metal and glass platters.
Carbon Tone-Arm with Pre-Installed MC-Cartridge: The 2-Xperience SB turntable features a 9" one-piece carbon tone-arm. The conical-shaped carbon-fiber arm-tube avoids standing wave reflections. The tone-arm is pre-fitted with a Blue Point II high-out MC-cartridge. If your receiver or integrated amplifier does not have a suitable Phono MC input, you will need a separate phono pre-amplifier (sold separately) to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
Internal Wiring: The turntable's internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
RCA Connection with Grounding Screw: Connection to the phono input of your amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your choice through the turntable's gold-plated stereo RCA phono jacks and grounding screw. The Pro-Ject turntable comes supplied with a 47" stereo RCA cable with ground wire.
Dust Cover: The Pro-Ject 2-Xperience SB comes supplied with an acrylic dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.