About the Pro-Ject The Classic
Elegant design and warm, relaxed sound
Elegant design and warm, relaxed sound
Pro-ject celebrated their 25th anniversary by introducing a ‘table that combines the best of past and present. The well-named Classic features a solid wood chassis that harkens back to vintage designs from the ‘60s and ‘70s. The modern technology inside reflects Pro-ject's quarter century of intelligent turntable design. This 'table's beautiful looks will enhance any room, as it delivers the special music mojo that makes us cherish records from any era.
Innovative technology produces a Classic sound
For this 25th-anniversary offering, Pro-Ject uses a finely balanced, heavy aluminum platter with a sandwiched layer of Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) around its perimeter — it's a proven method for reducing the resonance that lesser platters can produce. Six TPE balls isolate the wooden chassis from the floating sub-chassis, which helps isolate the platter and tonearm from vibrations of the motor.
The new carbon fiber-clad aluminum tonearm is pre-fitted with an Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge, which uses silver spools in the cartridge body to provide a more precise sound. Music will sound deeper, richer, and more dynamic than ever.
Pro-Ject knows that turntable setup can be a challenge for the novice. That's why this 'table comes out of the box virtually ready to play. Its factory-mounted tonearm and cartridge take the guesswork out of getting started, so you can enjoy optimized sound quality with minimal effort. A few minutes to dial in key settings like tracking force, anti-skating, and platter speed are all that's needed to experience musical revelations waiting for you on your favorite records.
- 2-speed manual belt-drive turntable
- one-piece carbon fiber clad aluminum tonearm with advanced bearing structure for superior rigidity and reduced resonance
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Silver moving magnet cartridge with silver spools in the cartridge body for exceptional resolution and detail
- heavy aluminum platter with TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer) technology effectively damps unwanted resonance
- precision chrome-plated stainless steel and bronze bearing system with Teflon® bottom for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- felt platter mat supplied to protect records from scratches
- adjustable azimuth and VTA allow you to use various cartridges
- wooden chassis with aluminum/MDF sub-chassis "floating" on six TPE bearings for reduced vibration
- low-noise AC motor decoupled from base for reduced vibration transmission and better sound
- external power supply with ultra-precise DC-driven AC generator for speed stability
- manual operation with silicone-damped tonearm lift
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (manual speed change)
- speed variance: 0.15% at 33-1/3 rpm , 0.12% at 45 rpm
- wow and flutter: 0.11% at 33-1/3 rpm, 0.1% at 45 rpm
- signal-to-noise ratio: 71dB
- gold-plated RCA and ground terminal connectors (cable included)
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
- 18-1/8"W x 5-3/16"H (with dust cover down) x 13-13/16"D
- weight: 22.48 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years (1 year warranty for the supplied cartridge)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Classic, Walnut
What's in the box:
- Turntable (tone-arm and cartridge installed)
- Hub (installed)
- AC power adapter
- 3 Adjustable feet
- Drive belt
- Dust cover
- Anti-skating weight
- Counterweight (installed on tone-arm)
- Single adapter
- 4' Stereo RCA audio cable (with ground wire)
- Headshell weight
- Stylus pressure gauge
- Hook tool
- 2 Allen-keys
- Pair of white gloves
- Microfiber cloth
- Instructions For Use
Pro-Ject The Classic Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject The Classic
Belt Drive with Electronic Speed Control: The Pro-Ject Classic turntable utilizes a belt drive system with electronic speed control (33/45 rpm).
TPE Chassis & Platter: The Pro-Ject Classis features a Metal/MDF sandwich chassis floating on TPE suspension. It also features a precision balanced TPE-damped aluminum platter and felt mat.
Carbon/Aluminum Tone-arm: The Classic features a 9" one-piece carbon/aluminum tone-arm. The conical-shaped carbon/aluminum arm-tube avoids standing wave reflections. The tone-arm features a Japanese ball bearing base with an integrated central vertical cable outlet for unhindered arm movement. A TPE damped counterweight is also included.
MM-Cartridge: The turntable is supplied with a Ortofon 2M Silver MM-cartridge. If your amplifier does not have a suitable Phono MM input, you will need a separate phono pre-amplifier (sold separately) to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
RCA Connection with Grounding Screw: Connection to the phono input of your amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your choice through the turntable's gold-plated stereo RCA phono jacks and grounding screw. The Pro-Ject turntable comes supplied with a 4' stereo RCA cable with ground wire.
Adjustable Decoupling Feet: The turntable features height adjustable decoupling feet for greater stability. The feet must be installed during setup.
Dust Cover: The Pro-Ject Classic comes supplied with a dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.
Colors: Available in Walnut, Rosewood, and Eucalyptus finishes.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked