About the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon
A best seller just got even better
A best seller just got even better
Focused squarely on performance, Pro-Ject's original Debut turntables proved that you didn't have to spend a fortune to savor the warm, natural sound of vinyl. These easy-to-use, great-sounding, and modestly priced models changed many a music lover's expectations of what an entry-level 'table was capable of.
Now, Pro-Ject has raised the bar again with the Debut Carbon. Boasting improvements in nearly every facet of design, the Debut Carbon breaks new ground, offering features rarely found on turntables in its price range. Each element contributes substantially to the overall improvement in sound — from the tonearm to the updated motor suspension. Here's what's new about the Debut Carbon:
- an all-new, one-piece carbon fiber tonearm that increases rigidity and reduces unwanted resonances that color sound.
- a full-size 12" platter with a felt mat to better support your record albums. The resonance-damping alloy platter is also more massive, resulting in smoother, more stable rotation for an all-around sonic improvement.
- a Sorbothane motor suspension that better isolates the 'table's chassis from vibration, decreasing motor noise and rumble to a bare minimum.
- gold-plated RCA output jacks mounted on the back of the turntable instead of a hard-wired cable, allowing upgrades to high-quality aftermarket interconnects.
- a high-performance Ortofon 2M Red phono cartridge pre-mounted to the Carbon's tonearm for precise and accurate sound reproduction.
Crafted for serious sound
The Debut Carbon's sturdy MDF chassis rests on shock absorbing rubber feet that provide a solid, low-resonance foundation. Its heavy 12" steel platter spins on a precision axle and bearing for excellent speed stability and smooth, silent rotation. The Sorbothane motor mount and belt drive system are designed to isolate the motor's vibration from the chassis to prevent noise from being transferred to the cartridge. An external AC power supply helps reduce the chance of hum, and can even be upgraded with Pro-Ject's Speed Box S for enhanced performance. Finally, the table's new one-piece carbon fiber tonearm includes a silicone-damped lift for gently raising and lowering the arm — protecting both the stylus and your records.
Get the best sound, without the hassle
Pro-Ject knows that turntable setup can be a challenge for the novice. That's why the Debut Carbon comes out of the box virtually ready to play. Its pre-matched, factory-mounted phono cartridge and tonearm take the guesswork out of installation, and give you optimized sound quality with minimal effort. A few simple steps to dial in key settings like tracking force and anti-skating, are all it takes to get this player primed and ready to deliver spacious, detailed music. If you've never experienced the relaxed sound that vinyl is famous for, what are you waiting for?
- heavy 12" steel platter with felt mat provides excellent speed stability and protects records from scratches
- precision stainless-steel bearing system for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- one-piece carbon fiber tonearm for superior rigidity and low resonance
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Red moving magnet cartridge
- medium density fiberboard (MDF) base with four shock absorbing rubber feet
- AC motor decoupled from base for reduced vibration transmission and better sound
- Sorbothane motor suspension
- manual operation with silicone-damped tonearm lift
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds
- speed variation: ±0.8%
- wow and flutter: ±0.10%
- signal-to-noise ratio: 68dB
- frequency range (with included cartridge): 20-22,000 Hz
- channel separation (with included cartridge): >22dB
- gold-plated RCA audio jacks
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
- compatible with Pro-Ject Speed Box II electronic speed regulator for enhanced sound and speed-changing convenience
- weight: 12.4 lbs.
- 16-3/8"W x 4-3/4"H (with dust cover down) x 13-1/8"D
- warranty: 2 years (1 year warranty for the supplied cartridge)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
- MFR # DBT CF Red
What's in the box:
- Turntable (tone-arm and cartridge installed)
- Hub (installed)
- AC power adapter (with attached 6.5' DC cord)
- Drive belt
- Dust cover
- Counter weight
- Anti-skate weight
- Felt pad
- 45 RPM adapter
- 4' Stereo RCA cable (w/ attached ground lead)
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
- Instructions for Use
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon
Resonance-Reducing Construction: The attractive resonance-reducing MDF plinth supports a heavier 300mm diameter metal platter for smoother rotation and lower wow and flutter. Additionally, a felt record mat is employed for superior record support and coupling. The platter and plinth assembly sits upon four-point "O"-ring feet designed for energy absorption and the plinth-mounted motor is isolated by a new Sorbothane suspension keeping unwanted noise and vibration to a bare minimum. The motor is even decoupled from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
Note: The turntable should be positioned on a low-resonance surface such as wood or multiple layer ply-board to avoid structural vibrations disturbing replay.
High-Fidelity Sound: The 8.6" single-piece tube carbon fiber tone-arm that increases stiffness while decreasing unwanted resonances resulting in a higher fidelity presentation of your vinyl recordings. Fitted to the carbon fiber arm is a true high-end cartridge, the 2M Red moving magnet (MM) phono cartridge by Ortofon. This arm/cartridge combination is capable of exceptional tracking and recovery of the musical nuance found within the records grooves.
Belt Driven: The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon features a quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley which drives the hub and platter via a flat-ground belt. The Debut Carbon supports 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds.
RCA Output Jacks: Plinth mounted RCA output jacks allow for the use of higher quality interconnects for even better sonic performance. Connect the turntable to the Phono input of your home receiver.
Note: If your receiver does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate phono pre-amplifier (sold separately) is required to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
Dust Cover: The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon comes supplied with a dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.
AC Power Adapter: The turntable operates off of standard household current using the supplied external AC power adapter.
- Input: 120V~60Hz, 13.0W
- Output: 15V, 550mA
7 High Gloss Finishes: The Debut Carbon is offered in seven high-gloss fashion colors - Black, Blue, Green, Red, Silver, White, & Yellow.
Filter Cartridge: Ortofon 2M Red pre-mounted (output voltage: 5.5mV)
Amplifier Connection: MM-input (recommended load resistance: 47 kohms)
Nominal Speeds: 33-1/3, 45 rpm
Platter: 11.811" (300mm) diameter steel w/ felt mat
Tone-arm Length: 8.6" (218.5mm)
Tone-arm Mass: 0.212oz (6g)
Overhang: 0.728" (18.5mm)
Tracking Force: 10-30 mN
Speed Variance: +/-0.55%
Wow & Flutter: +/-0.10%
Outboard Power Supply: 15V / 550mA
- Dust Cover Closed: 16.375" (w) x 4.75" (h) x 13.125" (d)
- Dust Cover Open: 16.375" (w) x 14.5" (h) x 15.75" (d)
Weight: 12.4 lbs (5.6kg)
5 questions already asked