About the Pro-Ject Debut PRO
A special-edition 30th anniversary turntable from Pro-Ject
A special-edition 30th anniversary turntable from Pro-Ject
Pro-Ject has been in the turntable business for 30 years, and they're celebrating by releasing the Debut PRO — the best model yet in the company's popular Debut Series. This 'table features the same solid workmanship found in Pro-Ject's perennial favorite, the Debut Carbon. It's similar to the classic Debut Carbon — it features the same solid workmanship — but it benefits from some notable upgrades that offer even better sonic performance.
First of all, there's an 8.6" one-piece carbon-aluminum tonearm that offers superior rigidity and low resonance, with adjustable vertical tracking angle (VTA). Plus, there's a high-performance Sumiko Rainier cartridge factory-mounted on that tonearm. The heavy aluminum platter features a TPE ring inside for improved resonance damping, and there's a new nickel-plated aluminum bearing block. It all adds up to rich, detailed sound from your cherished vinyl.
- 8.6" one-piece carbon-aluminum tonearm for superior rigidity and low resonance
- adjustable azimuth and vertical tracking angle (VTA)
- includes pre-mounted Sumiko Rainier moving magnet cartridge
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (electronic speed change); 78 rpm (requires use of included round belt)
- heavy aluminum platter with TPE damping ring
- stainless-steel axle in bronze bushing provides smooth, quiet platter rotation
- nickel-plated aluminum bearing block
- medium density fiberboard (MDF) base with three height-adjustable damped aluminum feet
- 15-volt DC power motor with separate power supply
- gold-plated RCA audio jacks (stereo RCA cable w/ ground wire included)
- speed variation: ±0.4% (33-1/3 rpm); ±0.5% (45 rpm)
- wow and flutter: ±0.16% (33-1/3 rpm); ±0.14% (45 rpm)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 68dB
- frequency response with included cartridge: 15-25,000 Hz
- channel separation with included cartridge: 25dB
Dimensions and warranty:
What's in the box:
- Turntable (tonearm and cartridge installed)
- AC power supply (attached 6.5' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug adapters (US/UK/EU)
- Hub (installed)
- Flat belt
- Round belt
- 47" RCA stereo cable (attached ground wire)
- 45 RPM adapter
- Anti-skate weight
- Counter weight
- Dust cover
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
- Setup Guide
Pro-Ject Debut PRO reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject Debut PRO
Features & specs
|Speeds||33-1/3, 45, 78|
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Detachable Power Cable||AC power adapter|
|Materials and Construction|
|Tone Arm Shape||Straight|
|Tone Arm Material||Carbon Fiber/Aluminum|
|Tone Arm Lift||Finger, Lever|
|Included Cartridge||Sumiko Rainier|
|Tracking Weight||2.0 g (20mN)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||68|
|Wow and Flutter||0.16|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Turntable Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Turntable Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Cartridge Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Electronically Regulated Synchronous Motor: The electronically regulated synchronous motor drives the turntable platter and guarantees the most accurate and stable speeds. Change between them easily with the toggle switch. A toggle-switch on top of the turntable allows you to easily change speeds between 33-1/3, 45, and 78 RPM.
- The included flat belt is for 33 & 45 RPM records and is installed on the top/smaller diameter of the motor pulley. A 45 RPM adapter is included
- The included round belt is for 78 RPM records only. It is designed for use with the larger/bottom pulley diameter with the differently shaped slot. You'll also need to change out the pre-installed cartridge for a 78 rpm compatible cartridge (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Die-Cast Aluminum Platter: The die-cast aluminum platter is reworked and precision balanced in an extra step to obtain an evenly spinning platter. It is anti-magnetic, allowing even MC cartridges to work properly. The anti-magnetic heavy aluminum platter has a ring made of TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) on the inside that helps to dampen all resonances and minimizes wow and flutter.
Carbon-Aluminum Tonearm: The Debut Pro features a one-piece carbon-aluminum sandwich tonearm. The carbon layer gives the tonearm a high degree of rigidity, while the inner aluminum tube takes over the damping of the tonearm. The super stiff and uniquely dampened tonearm ensures perfect tracking of the record groove. This makes the tonearm perfect to be upgraded with higher-end MC cartridges (sold separately). The precision CNC milled and nickel coated tonearm bearing parts are also completely new and designed just for the Debut Pro.
Azimuth & VTA Adjustment: The newly designed tonearm base allows you to adjust both the azimuth and the vertical tracking angle (VTA). The tonearm height can be continuously adjusted by loosening the two grub screws. These settings give you the option of adapting the tonearm to height changes allowing the use of different turntable mats or other cartridges to always achieve the best sound quality. Setting and experimenting with the VTA & Azimuth is crucial in extracting every last bit of performance out of any high-end cartridge.
Sumiko Rainier MM Cartridge: The Debut Pro comes with a Sumiko Rainier MM phono cartridge. The Sumiko Rainier is MM (moving magnet) cartridge that offers great sound with the majority of moving magnet phono-stages on the market (including preamps built into your amplifier or receiver). The Rainier achieves full and rich analog sound with no sacrifice to detail retrieval through Sumiko's resonance control design.
MDF Plinth with Adjustable Damped Feet: The Pro-Ject Debut Pro employs a heavy-duty MDF plinth that is finished with 8 coats of hand-painted satin black. The plinth rests on 3 height adjustable damped aluminum feet to guarantee the perfect stand & reduce risk of acoustical feedback.
Gold-Plated RCA Outputs: The Pro-Ject Debut Pro is outfitted with a set of gold-plated stereo RCA outputs that provide excellent audio signal transfer and resistance against corrosion. The gold-plated RCA output jacks allow for connection to the Phono MM Input of your receiver, integrated amplifier, or preamplifier. A high-quality stereo RCA cable is included. Pro-Ject's Connect-it-E cable is a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable, with superior shielding. However, you can always upgrade to an even higher quality cable if preferred.
Note: If your receiver or amplifier does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate Phono Preamplifier (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) is required to connect the turntable to your receiver or amp.
Dust Cover: The Pro-Ject Debut Pro comes supplied with a clear acrylic dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.
- Dimensions with Dust Cover Closed: 16.375" (w) x 4.875" (h) x 13.9375" (d)
- Dimensions with Dust Cover Open: 16.375" (w) x 14.6875" (h) x 15.8125" (d)
AC Power Adapter: The turntable operates off of standard household current using the supplied external AC power adapter.
2 questions already asked