About the Pro-Ject E1 BT
An affordable workhorse turntable with modern features
An affordable workhorse turntable with modern features
The Pro-Ject E1 BT offers convenient features — like built-in Bluetooth, pre-mounted cartridge, and an onboard phono preamp — that make it appealing to the latest generation of vinyl fans. This 'table offers solid construction that should satisfy long-time wax fiends, too. It boasts a rigid, lightweight tonearm, a vibration-damping silicone drive belt, and a solid plinth that rests on vibration-absorbing feet. And you can switch from 33-1/3 to 45 RPM electronically, without having to make manual belt adjustments.
Wired and wireless connections
The switchable built-in phono preamp lets you make easy wired connections. You can switch it off and connect to your own separate phono stage or the phono input on a stereo receiver, for instance. Or engage the turntable's phono preamp and connect directly to a pair of powered stereo speakers or your receiver's regular "Line" input.
If you want even more placement flexibility, use the built-in Bluetooth 5.0 to connect wirelessly to a compatible receiver, powered speaker, or headphones.
- built-in Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter lets you stream albums to a compatible receiver, powered speakers, or headphones
- anti-resonant ABS polymer platter with felt mat
- silicone drive belt provides excellent vibration damping
- 8.6" one-piece aluminum tonearm with low-friction, vibration-free bearing
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon OM 5e moving magnet cartridge
- tracking force and anti-skating are pre-set at the factory
- solid CNC-machined composite fiber plinth with shock absorbing feet
- damped DC motor
- electronic switching between 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds
- built-in switchable phono stage
- when switch is set to LINE, turntable must be connected to a standard line input (labeled AUX, CD, or TAPE)
- when switch is set to PHONO, turntable must be connected to an outboard phono preamp or dedicated phono input
- fully manual operation
- pre-attached RCA cable
- speed variance: 0.7% (at 33-1/3 RPM), 0.6% (at 45 RPM)
- wow and flutter: 0.25% (at 33-1/3 RPM), 0.23% (at 45 RPM)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 65dB
Dimensions and warranty:
- 16-3/8"W x 4-3/8"H (with dust cover down) x 13-9/16"D
- weight: 7.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years (1 year warranty for the supplied cartridge)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 9120122291849
What's in the box:
- Sub-platter (pre-installed)
- Tone-arm (pre-installed)
- Cartridge w/ stylus (pre-installed)
- Counter-weight (pre-installed)
- AC power adapter (attached 57" DC cord)
- 3 AC power plugs (US/UK/EU)
- 45RPM adapter
- 4' RCA stereo cable
- Dust cover
- Stylus pressure gauge
- Two-point cartridge alignment protractor
- Instructions for Use
Pro-Ject E1 BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Pro-Ject E1 BT
Features & specs
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Power Cable||Detachable (12-volt DC adapter)|
|Materials and Construction|
|Tone Arm Shape||Straight|
|Tone Arm Material||Aluminum|
|Tone Arm Lift||Finger, Lever|
|Included Cartridge||Ortofon OM 5E|
|Tracking Weight||1.75 g (17.5mN)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||65|
|Wow and Flutter||0.25|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Turntable Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Turntable Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Cartridge Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Belt-Drive System with Electronic Speed Switching: The E1 BT turntable features Pro-Ject's proven manual belt-drive system with an electronically regulated, precision-speed AC motor. The precision-speed AC motor drives a silicone belt attached to a newly designed sub-platter with optinum damping for low-noise operation. The Pro-Ject E1 BT turntable supports 33 and 45 RPM speeds (45 RPM adapter included).
Anti-Resonant Platform: The stylish CNC-machined composite fiber plinth (available in high gloss black, high gloss white or walnut finish) is carefully manufactured to ensure there are no hollow spaces inside. The new ABS Polymer main platter is strengthened with specifically designed ridges in order to create an ideal, anti-resonant platform for your vinyl records. A felt mat is also included for added protection against unwanted resonance. In addition, the purpose-chosen turntable feet also do a good job of isolating the E1 BT turntable from ambient vibrations around your hi-fi system.
One-Piece Aluminum Tonearm: The lightweight and low friction 8.6" aluminum tonearm is optimized for the included Ortofon OM5e cartridge and will bring out its maximum potential. With its straight, 8.6" effective length and stiff aluminum construction, this one-piece tonearm also features low-friction bearings for absolute accuracy in use. Besides the clean and stylish looks, the integrated headshell won't cause any additional vibrations either, and is a big improvement over many other detachable, screwed-on or glued-on headshells.
Ortofon OM5e MM Cartridge: The Pro-Ject E1 BT comes supplied with a high quality Ortofon OM5e Moving Magnet cartridge, featuring an elliptical diamond stylus tip for true high-fidelity playback from your vinyl record collection. With its pre-adjusted tracking force and anti skating by Pro-Ject's experienced technicians in the factory, you know the turntable will sound its best.
Built-In Phono Preamp: The Pro-Ject E1 BT features a built-in phono preamp that allows you to connect the turntable to an integrated amp or receiver that does not have a dedicated Phono MM input. The Pro-Ject E1 BT is equipped with two sets of stereo RCA outputs (one Phono Output and one Line Output); use the appropriate output to connect to the Line-level or Phono MM input of your AV receiver or integrated amlifier. A 4' stereo RCA cable is included with an attached ground wire.
Note: The turntable does not feature a switch to turn the built-in phono preamp on or off. Instead, it uses separate stereo RCA outputs for a phono signal (labled "Phono Out") or a line-level signal (labled "Line Out").
Built-In Bluetooth: In addition to built-in Phono preamp and wired stereo RCA output, the E1 BT features built-in Bluetooth AD2P with support for wireless audio streaming. You'll be able to wirelessly pair the turntable with a Bluetooth-enabled speaker, headphone, or home audio receiver. The E1 BT turntable can only be wireleslly paired and connected with one playback device (speaker, headphone, receiver, etc.) at a time. The turntable has a wireless Bluetooth range of approximatley 33' (10m).
- There is a Bluetooth Transmitter switch on the side of the turntable that can be turned On or Off.
- You cannot use the wired stereo RCA output and the wireless Bluetooth A2DP output at the same time.
Hinged Dust Cover: The Pro-Ject E1 BT comes with a hinged, clear acrylic dust cover to protect the turntable and your vinyl records from dust build-up.
- Dimensions With Dust Cover Closed: 16.375" (w) x 4.375" (h) x 13.5625" (d)
- Dimensions with Dust Cover Opened: 16.375" (w) x 14.5" (h) x 15.5" (d)