About the Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII
Do you have a turntable, but no phono input on your receiver, integrated amp, or shelf system? No problem just hook up the Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII preamplifer in-line between your record player and any of your receiver's line-level inputs, and you're ready to enjoy your LP collection all over again. Pro-Ject's clean, simple design uses premium quality parts to deliver the warm, relaxed sound that vinyl is famous for. Its compact all-metal body rejects interference to ensure clean sound, and the gold-plated inputs and outputs resist corrosion for the best possible signal transfer.
This preamp is compatible with both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges, so you can count on proper matching with virtually any turntable and cartridge combination.
- compatible with moving magnet and moving coil phono cartridges
- external power supply for reduced noise and interference
- gold-plated input and output jacks for solid, corrosion-free connections
- dual-mono circuitry for optimal channel separation
- small size allows placement near turntable
- signal-to-noise ratio: 86dB (MM), 68dB (MC)
- THD: < 0.01% (MM); < 0.05% (MC)
- RIAA response accuracy: < 0.05dB (20-20,000 Hz)
- 4-1/16"W x 1-7/16"H x 5-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Phono Box II
What's in the box:
- Phono (MM/MC) pre-amplifier
- AC power adapter (with attached 5' DC cord)
Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII
Features & specs
|Adjustable Resistance Load||---|
|Adjustable Capacitance Load||---|
|Signal-to-noise Ratio (MM)||---|
|Signal-to-noise Ratio (MC)||---|
Overview: The Pro-Ject Phono Box II allows you to connect a turntable with either a MM (moving magnet) or MC (moving coil) cartridge to today's home receiver's and amplifier which do not offer a dedicated phono input.
Metal Case: The Phono Box II's metal case shields the electronics from vibration and electromagnetic interference.
Dual-Mono Circuitry: The Phono Box II provides optimal channel separation through dual-mono circuitry and low-noise ICs.
RIAA Equalization: The Pro-Ject Phono Box II provides amplification and RIAA equalization for both MM and MC cartridges.
Phono (MM/MC) Button The Phono Box II can be used in either MM (moving magnet) or MC (moving coil) mode according to the type of turntable cartridge. There is a button on the back of the unit which allows you to switch between MM or MC mode.
RCA Connections: The Phono Box II features gold-plated stereo RCA connections. A stereo RCA input connects your turntable and a stereo RCA output connects your home receiver or amplifier.
Note: RCA cables sold separately.
- Input Impedance:
- MM: 47k ohms/120pf
- MC: 100 ohms/120pf
- Output Voltage:
- MM: 300mV/1kHz @ 3mV/1kHz
- MC: 300mV/1kHz @ 0.3mV/1kHz
- MM: 40dB
- MC: 60dB
- Maximum Output: 9.5V (1kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
- MM: 86dBV (94dBV - "A" weighted)
- MC: 68dBV (75dBV - "A" weighted)
- MM: <0.01%
- MC: <0.05%
- RIAAA-Equalization Curve Accuracy: <0.5dB / 20Hz-20kHz:
- Power Supply: 16V/200-500mA AC
- Power Consumption: 16V/30mA AC