About the Pro-Ject Speed Box II
If you own a Pro-Ject turntable, this little black box is a must have. First, it lets you change speeds between 33-1/3 and 45 rpm with just the touch of a button no need to manually move the belt. But what really impressed us is the way it stabilizes the record platter's rotation speed. Even slight speed fluctuations can detract from the magic of vinyl sound, but with the Speed Box II in place, your records will spin with greater speed accuracy and rock-steady consistency. When we plugged it in to one of our Pro-Ject RM 1.3 turntables, we immediately heard tighter, more defined bass. Vocals sounded fuller, with added "body" and presence, lending a greater sense of sonic realism. Pitch accuracy for instruments with long decay times, such as piano, was spot on. Overall, the music seemed to flow just a little easier from a quieter background.
The Speed Box II makes an easy and cost-effective upgrade. Simply plug it into your turntable's AC jack, then connect it to power with the supplied transformer. That's all it takes to enjoy enhanced performance and convenience.
- compatible with turntables that use Pro-Ject's 16 Volt AC power supply, including the Debut, xPression III, and RM models
- provides electronic speed change between 33-1/3 and 45 rpm playback
- quartz-generated high-precision electronic speed regulation
- small size allows placement near turntable
- metal case shields circuitry from vibration and electromagnetic interference
- LED speed indicators
- microprocessor control of all functions
- external power supply reduces chance of noise and interference
- 14" DC cord connects to Pro-Ject turntable
- weight: 20 ounces
- 4"W x 1-1/2"H x 4-1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Speed Box II-BK
What's in the box:
- Electronic turntable speed-change (33/45 rpm) unit with attached 14" DC cord
- AC power adapter (with attached 6' DC cord)
Pro-Ject Speed Box II reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject Speed Box II
Overview: The Pro-Ject Speed Box II permits electronic speed change of select Pro-Ject turntables (that do not have built-in electronic speed change) between 33 and 45 rpm.
Note: Only Pro-Ject turntable models with main socket power supply of 16V/19mA AC (max.) are compatible.
Metal Casing: The unit's metal case shields the electronics from vibration and electromagnetic interference.
Electronic Speed Regulation: The Pro-Ject Speed Box II utilizes Quartz-generated high precision electronic speed regulation and filter circuits to provide speed stability. All functions are microprocessor controlled.
Dual Speeds: The Speed Box II performs speed change by the push of a button between 33 and 45 rpm.
Connections: The Speed Box II features an attached 14" DC cord which replaces your Pro-Ject turntable's existing power supply. The included AC adapter of the Speed Box II then plugs into the back of the Speed Box II and into AC wall outlet.
- Speed Change: 33 and 45 rpm
- Power Output: 16V/190mA AC (+/-3%)
- Outboard Power Supply: 16V/500mA AC
- Quartz Oscillator: Speed stability 0.001%