About the Pro-Ject Speed Box S
Better watch your speed!
Better watch your speed!
If you own a Pro-Ject turntable, this little box is a must-have. First, it lets you change speeds between 33-1/3 and 45 rpm with just the touch of a button — no need to manually move the belt. But what really impressed us is the way it stabilizes the record platter's rotation speed. Even slight speed fluctuations can detract from the magic of vinyl sound, but with the Speed Box S in place, your records will spin with greater speed accuracy and rock-steady consistency. When we plugged it in to one of our Pro-Ject RM 1.3 turntables, we immediately heard tighter, more defined bass. Vocals sounded fuller, with added "body" and presence, lending a greater sense of sonic realism. Pitch accuracy for instruments with long decay times, such as piano, was spot on. Overall, the music seemed to flow just a little easier from a quieter background.
A simple "no install" installation
The Speed Box S makes an easy and cost-effective upgrade. Simply plug it into your turntable's AC jack, then connect it to power with the supplied transformer. That's all it takes to enjoy enhanced performance and convenience.
- compatible with turntables that use Pro-Ject's 16 Volt AC power supply, including the Debut III & Debut Carbon (except USB models), xPression III, and RM models
- provides convenient electronic speed change between 33-1/3 and 45 rpm playback
- quartz-generated high-precision electronic speed regulation
- small size allows placement near turntable
- metal case shields circuitry from vibration and electromagnetic interference
- LED speed indicators
- microprocessor control of all functions
- external power supply reduces chance of noise and interference
- DC cord connects to Pro-Ject turntable
- weight: 19.75 ounces (without power supply)
- 4-1/16"W x 1-7/16"H x 5-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SpeedBox S
What's in the box:
- Electronic turntable speed-change (33/45 rpm) unit
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 3 AC plugs (US/EU/UK)
- 16" DC cord
Pro-Ject Speed Box S reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject Speed Box S
Overview: The Pro-Ject Speed Box S permits electronic speed change of select Pro-Ject turntables (that do not have built-in electronic speed change) between 33 and 45 rpm.
Note: Only Pro-Ject turntable models with main socket power supply of 16V/190mA AC (max.) are compatible.
Metal Casing: The unit's metal case shields the electronics from vibration and electromagnetic interference.
Electronic Speed Regulation: The Pro-Ject Speed Box S utilizes Quartz-generated high precision electronic speed regulation and filter circuits to provide speed stability. All functions are microprocessor controlled.
Dual Speeds: The Speed Box S performs speed change by the push of a button between 33 and 45 rpm.
Connections: The Speed Box S comes with a 16" DC cord which replaces your Pro-Ject turntable's existing power supply. The included AC adapter of the Speed Box S then plugs into the back of the Speed Box S and into AC wall outlet. Three different AC power plugs (US/EU/UK) are supplied.
2 questions already asked