About the Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB
A solid, affordable turntable
A solid, affordable turntable
I looked at and listened to the Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB before I saw its price tag, and I was surprised to learn how budget-friendly it is. The base is constructed out of solid materials with a nice finish, and the heavy glass platter is a rarity at this price point. There's also a factory-installed Ortofon OM 5E moving magnet cartridge on the tonearm. All of that adds up to a turntable that looks great, sounds great, and won't break the bank.
Convenient and easy to operate
The switchable built-in phono preamp makes this 'table very convenient for just about any setup.You can switch it off and connect to your own separate phono stage or the phono input on a stereo receiver. Or engage the turntable's phono preamp and connect directly to a pair of powered stereo speakers. And you can switch from 33-1/3 to 45 rpm electronically, without having to make manual belt adjustments.
- heavy 8mm zero-resonance glass platter with felt mat to protect records from scratches
- 8.6" one-piece aluminum tonearm with low-friction, vibration-free bearing
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon OM 5E moving magnet cartridge
- anti-resonant sub-platter design
- heavy, solid, precision routed chassis with shock absorbing feet
- ultra-precise main bearing with a hardened steel axle and brass bushing
- electronically regulated, precision-speed AC motor
- electronic switching between 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds
- built-in switchable phono stage
- fully manual operation
- speed variance: 0.7% (at 33-1/3 RPM), 0.6% (at 45 RPM)
- wow and flutter: 0.25% (at 33-1/3 RPM), 0.23% (at 45 RPM)
Dimensions and warranty:
- 16-9/16"W x 4-7/16"H (with dust cover down) x 13"D
- weight: 11 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years (1 year warranty for the supplied cartridge)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # T1 Phono SB White
What's in the box:
- Sub-platter (pre-installed)
- Tone-arm (pre-installed)
- Cartridge w/ stylus (pre-installed)
- Counter-weight (pre-installed)
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6.5' DC cord)
- 3 AC plugs (US/AU/EU)
- 45RPM adapter
- 47" Stereo RCA cable (w/ ground wire)
- Dust cover
- Stylus pressure gauge
- Two-point cartridge alignment protractor
- Plastic key
- Instructions for Use
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB
Built-In Phono Preamp: The Pro-Ject Phono SB features a built-in phono preamp that allows you to connect the turntable to an integrated amp or receiver that does not have a dedicated phono input. This is a feature that can be turned off when using an integrated amp or receiver with a phono input. The Pro-Ject turntable is equipped with stereo RCA outputs and includes a stereo RCA cable to connect to the line-level or phono input of your AV receiver or integrated amplifier.
Low-Noise Design: For the drive system, where many turntables may use un-regulated DC motors with wide speed fluctuations, the T1 Phono SB features Pro-Ject's proven system of an electronically regulated, precision-speed AC motor. The T1 Phono SB also comes with electronic speed switching between 33 and 45 RPM. The result is a low-noise, stable drive system for the turntable. The precision-speed AC motor drives a belt-system, attached to a newly designed sub-platter, which is mounted into an ultra-precise 0.001mm main bearing with a hardened steel axle and brass bushing (just like Pro-Ject's coveted Essential III turntables). Alongside this chosen motor system, the T1 Phono SB is able to ensure a smooth, anti-resonant rotational platform for the tonearm and cartridge to ride across.
One-Piece Tonearm: The tonearm on the T1 Phono SB is a new model, based on previous Pro-Ject designs. With its straight, 8.6" effective length and stiff aluminum construction, this one-piece tonearm also features low-friction bearings for absolute accuracy in use. Besides the clean and stylish looks, the integrated headshell won't cause any additional vibrations either, and is a big improvement over many other detachable, screwed-on or glued-on headshells.
Ortofon OM5e MM Cartridge: The Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB comes supplied with an Ortofon OM5e Moving Magnet cartridge, featuring an elliptical diamond stylus tip for true high-fidelity playback from your vinyl record collection.
Zero-Resonance Construction: The stylish CNC-machined plinth features no plastic parts and is carefully manufactured to ensure there are no hollow spaces inside, therefore avoiding unwanted vibrations within the chassis. Carrying this philosophy through the design, the included 8mm glass platter is also a heavy, zero-resonance design (avoiding the flaws of plastic or lightweight steel alternatives). Finally, the purpose-chosen turntable feet also do a good job of isolating the T1 from ambient vibrations around your hi-fi system.
Added Protection: The Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB comes with a hinged, clear plastic dust cover and a felt mat to protect the turntable and your records.