About the Pro-Ject Tube Box DS
The ideal phono preamp for audiophiles
The ideal phono preamp for audiophiles
Pro-Ject designed the Tube Box DS for those of us who are picky about analog sound. This versatile vacuum tube phono preamp provides highly flexible options and settings for a wide range of phono cartridges — from moving magnet, to high- or low-output moving coil — to ensure top-notch performance that's tuned perfectly for your system. It lets you make choices and customize your turntable setup.
High-quality sound you can custom-tune to match your gear
The secret to the Tube Box DS's dramatic sound starts with its audiophile-grade circuitry. Its vacuum tube output stage delivers the kind of silky smooth texture and spaciousness that tubes are famous for. A continuously variable input impedance loading control on the front panel allows convenient adjustment for your low output MC cartridges to ensure a flat frequency response.
Other features include adjustable input capacitance settings for moving magnet and high-output moving coil cartridges, plus gain-setting options to better match your cartridge to your system. A switchable subsonic filter protects your amplifier and speakers from power-wasting low-frequency rumble below 20Hz.
Need a cable?
This phono preamp does not come with an RCA cable to connect to your receiver or amp.
- dual-mono design using two dual-triode ECC83 (12AX7A) vacuum tubes for optimal channel separation
- compatible with moving magnet and moving coil phono cartridges
- pre-mounted Cool Dampers reduce vacuum tube vibration for lower distortion and provide better heat dissipation for longer tube life
- front-panel input impedance control for low output moving coil cartridges (continuously variable from 10-1000 ohms)
- adjustable input capacitance and gain settings for more accurate cartridge matching
- audiophile-grade polypropylene capacitors
- switchable subsonic filter to reduce low-frequency rumble and wasted amplifier power (-18dB/octave at 20 Hz)
- all-metal chassis for improved shielding from vibration and electromagnetic interference
- external power supply for reduced noise and interference
- gold-plated RCA connectors for corrosion-free signal transfer
- capacitance settings: 47pF, 147pF, 267pF, and 367pF (for MM and high-output MC cartridges)
- gain settings: 40dB, 50dB, and 60dB
- RIAA response accuracy: 0.5dB (20-20,000 Hz)
- THD: less than 0.1%
- signal-to-noise ratio: 93dB
- 4-1/16"W x 2-15/16"H x 6-1/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TubeBox DS-SL
What's in the box:
- Turntable (MM/MC) tube pre-amplifier
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 5' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug inserts (US/EU/UK)
- 2 Metal plates
- 10 Jumper caps
- (2 pre-installed)
- Instructions For Use
Pro-Ject Tube Box DS reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject Tube Box DS
Features & specs
|Cartridge Type||MM, MC|
|Adjustable Resistance Load||Yes|
|Adjustable Capacitance Load||Yes|
|RCA Inputs||1 Pair|
|RCA Outputs||1 Pair|
|Signal-to-noise Ratio (MM)||93|
|Signal-to-noise Ratio (MC)||93|
Tube Phono Preamp: The Pro-Ject Audio Systems Tube Box DS is a very high-quality phono cartridge preamplifier. This precision tube phono preamplifier benefits from outstanding circuit technology from Dr. Sykora and uses high-quality components. All components including tube output (ECC83) and polypropylene capacitors are audiophile-grade and guarantee a breathtaking sound experience.
MM/MC Compatible: The Pro-Ject Tube Box DS phono preamplifier offers amplifications and RIAA equalization for MM and MC cartridges.
Variable Controls: A variable selection of input impedance for MC cartridges can be done while playing a record. Other features include input capacitance for MM cartridges and switchable subsonic, that prevents your amplifier and speakers of ultra low rumble below 20Hz.
- Input Gain (for MM/MC): The phono preamp's input gain can be adjusted to 40dB, 50dB, or 60dB for MM & MC.
- Input Impedance Adjustment (for MC): There is a variable input impedance adjustment for low output MC on the front-panel. Choose from 10 ohms to 1000 ohms.
- Input Capacitance Adjustment (for MM): Input capacitance can be adjusted in 4-steps for MM. Choose from 47pF, 147pF, 267pF, or 367pF.
- Subsonic Filter: The Subsonic filter helps to reduce low-frequency rumble and wasted amplifier power.
Metal Case: The phono preamplifier features a metal case that shields the electronics from vibration and electromagnetic interference.
Gold-Plated RCA Connections: The Pro-Ject Tube Box DS is equipped with a pair of gold-plated RCA connections for the output stage and input stage. The gold-plated RCA connectors offer corrosion-free signal transfer.
Power Requirements: The Pro-Ject Tube Box DS turntable preamplifier operates off of standard household current using the included external power supply. The outboard power supply helps reduce noise and interference.
- Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 0.4A
- Output: 18V AC, 1.0A.
2 questions already asked