Pro-Ject Tube Box S2
Vacuum tube phono preamplifier for moving magnet and moving coil cartridges
Our take on the Pro-Ject Tube Box S2 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Warm vacuum-tube sound for your beloved vinyl
The Pro-Ject Tube Box S2 offers the warm, natural, expansive sound that vacuum tube preamps are famous for. Not coincidentally, that's exactly the sound I want when I listen to my favorite records. And tube preamps like this one are excellent at eliminating unwanted noise, so you hear only the music.
This versatile preamp features adjustable input capacitance settings for moving magnet and high-output moving coil cartridges, plus gain-setting options to better match your cartridge to your system. A switchable subsonic filter protects your amplifier and speakers from power-wasting low-frequency rumble below 20 Hz.
- dual-mono design using two dual-triode ECC83 (12AX7A) vacuum tubes for optimal channel separation
- compatible with moving magnet and moving coil phono cartridges
- front-panel selectable amplifier gain (40, 43, 50, 53, 60 or 63dB)
- adjustable input capacitance and impedance via dip switches on bottom of unit
- impedance settings: 10, 100, 1k, 2k ohms
- fixed 47k ohm input impedance setting for high-output MC cartridges
- capacitance settings: 147, 267, 367, 487, 587 pF
- subsonic filter reduces low-frequency rumble and wasted amplifier power (-18dB/octave at 20 Hz)
- audiophile-grade polypropylene capacitors
- aluminum/metal sandwich chassis for improved shielding from vibration and electromagnetic interference
- gold-plated RCA stereo input and output pairs
- RIAA response accuracy: 0.4dB (20-20,000 Hz)
- THD: less than 0.05%
- 5-3/16"W x 4-11/16"H x 4-1/16"D
- weight: 14.4 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee