About the Pro-Ject Tube Box S
A natural-sounding phono preamp
A natural-sounding phono preamp
Pro-Ject describes the sound of the Tube Box S phono stage as "tubey," which is their way of saying that it's warm, dynamic and transparent — dependable vacuum tube qualities audiophiles have treasured for decades. And tube preamps like this one are also excellent at eliminating unwanted noise, so the music on your vinyl LPs will emerge from a quiet background.
It features adjustable input capacitance settings for moving magnet and moving coil cartridges, plus gain-setting options to match your cartridge to your system. A switchable subsonic filter protects your amplifier and speakers from power-wasting low-frequency rumble below 20 Hz.
- dual-mono design using two dual-triode ECC83 (12AX7) vacuum tubes for optimal channel separation
- compatible with moving magnet and moving coil phono cartridges
- adjustable amplifier gain, input capacitance and impedance via DIP switches on bottom of unit
- amplifier gain: 41, 51 or 61dB
- impedance settings: 10, 100, 1k, 2k ohms (MC); 47k ohms (MM)
- capacitance settings: 50, 150, 270, 370 pF
- subsonic filter (-12dB/octave at 20 Hz) reduces low-frequency rumble and wasted amplifier power
- audiophile-grade polypropylene capacitors
- RCA stereo input and output pairs
- THD: 0.01% MM; 0.05% MC
- RIAA response accuracy: 0.4dB (20-20,000 Hz)
Dimensions and warranty:
- 4-1/16"W x 2-15/16"H x 6-3/4"D
- weight: 1.78 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PRO2030031
What's in the box:
- Turntable (MM/MC) tube pre-amplifier
- AC power adapter (with attached 5' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug inserts (US/EU/UK)
- Instructions For Use
Pro-Ject Tube Box S reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject Tube Box S
Features & specs
|Cartridge Type||MM, MC|
|Adjustable Resistance Load||Yes|
|Adjustable Capacitance Load||Yes|
|RCA Inputs||1 Pair|
|RCA Outputs||1 Pair|
|Signal-to-noise Ratio (MM)||84|
|Signal-to-noise Ratio (MC)||67|
Tube Phono Preamp: The Pro-Ject Audio Systems Tube Box S for MM and MC is a very high-quality phono cartridge preamplifier. It utilizes dual-mono architecture with two double triode tubes (12AX7A -ECC83) for optimum channel separation. This unit produces a lively and powerful performance with convincing sound staging and emotional presentation.
MM/MC Compatible: The Pro-Ject Tube Box S phono preamplifier offers amplifications and RIAA equalization for MM and MC cartridges. Input Gain, Capacitance, and Impedance can be adjusted from the dip-switches found on the bottom of the phono preamplifier.
- Input Gain: Input Gain can be adjusted to 41dB, 51dB and 61dB for MM or MC cartridges.
- Input Capacitance: Input Capacitance can set to 50pF, 150pF, 270pF, and 370pF for MM and MC cartridges.
- Input Impedance: Input Impedance can be set to 10, 100, 1000, or 2000 Ohms for MC cartridges only. There is also a 47000 Ohm setting for MM cartridges only.
Subsonic Filter: The Subsonic filter (-12dB/octave @ 20Hz) helps to reduce low-frequency rumble and wasted amplifier power. The Subsonic filter dip-switch is located on the bottom of the phono preamp.
Gold-Plated RCA Connections: The Pro-Ject Box S is equipped with a pair of gold-plated RCA connections for the output stage and input stage. The gold-plate RCA connectors offer corrosion-free signal transfer.
Power Requirements: The Pro-Ject Tube Box S turntable preamplifier operates off of standard household current using the included external power supply. The outboard power supply helps reduce noise and interference.
- Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 0.4A
- Output: 18V AC, 1.0A.
Metal Case: The phono preamplifier features a metal case that shields the electronics from vibration and electromagnetic interference.
5 questions already asked