About the Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2
Double down on great sound
Double down on great sound
This versatile vacuum tube phono preamp provides highly flexible options and settings for a wide range of phono cartridges — from moving magnet, to high- or low-output moving coil — to ensure top-notch performance that's tuned perfectly for your system.
Tube amp goodness
Its vacuum tube output helps to create a spacious soundstage with no noise, so your precious vinyl sounds exactly the way it's supposed to. It has two pairs of gold-plated RCA inputs and two pairs of gold-plated RCA outputs so you can keep both of your favorite rigs sounding excellent without having to change cables and switch settings all the time.
The DS2 features adjustable input capacitance settings for moving magnet and high-output moving coil cartridges, plus gain-setting options to better match your cartridge to your system. A switchable subsonic filter protects your amplifier and speakers from power-wasting low-frequency rumble below 20 Hz.
- dual-mono design using two dual-triode ECC83 (12AX7A) vacuum tubes for optimal channel separation
- compatible with moving magnet and moving coil phono cartridges
- pre-mounted Cool Dampers reduce vacuum tube vibration for lower distortion and provide better heat dissipation for longer tube life
- front-panel input impedance control for low output moving coil cartridges (continuously variable from 10-1000 ohms)
- adjustable input capacitance and gain settings for more accurate cartridge matching
- audiophile-grade polypropylene capacitors
- subsonic filter reduces low-frequency rumble and wasted amplifier power (-12dB/octave at 20 Hz)
- all-metal chassis for improved shielding from vibration and electromagnetic interference
- two sets of gold-plated RCA connectors for corrosion-free signal transfer from two turntables
- switchable loading: variable or 47k
- capacitance settings: 100pF, 220pF, 320pF (for MM and high-output MC cartridges)
- gain settings: 40dB, 45dB, 50dB, 60dB, and 65dB
- RIAA response accuracy: 0.2dB (20-20,000 Hz)
- THD: less than 0.04%
- signal-to-noise ratio: 88 dB
- 8-1/8"W x 3-5/8"H x 9"D
- weight: 3.6 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TubeBox DS2-BK
What's in the box:
- Tube phono preamplifier (MM/MC)
- AC power adapter (attached 5' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug inserts (US/EU/UK)
- Instructions For Use
Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2
Features & specs
|Cartridge Type||MM, MC|
|Adjustable Resistance Load||Yes|
|Adjustable Capacitance Load||Yes|
|RCA Inputs||2 Pair|
|RCA Outputs||2 Pair|
|Signal-to-noise Ratio (MM)||88|
|Signal-to-noise Ratio (MC)||88|
Tube Phono Preamp: The Pro-Ject Audio Systems Tube Box DS2 is a tube phono cartridge preamplifier. This tube phono preamplifier benefits from outstanding circuit technology from Dr. Sykora and uses high-quality components. All components including tube output (ECC83 x 2) and polypropylene capacitors are audiophile-grade to guarantee a breathtaking sound experience.
MM/MC Compatible: The Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2 phono preamplifier offers amplifications and RIAA equalization for MM and MC cartridges.
Variable Controls: A variable selection of input impedance for MC cartridges can be done while playing a record. Other features include input capacitance for MM cartridges and switchable subsonic, that prevents your amplifier and speakers of ultra low rumble below 20Hz.
- Input Gain: The phono preamp's input gain can be adjusted to 40dB, 45dB, 50dB, 60dB, or 65dB.
- Input Impedance Adjustment: The variable input impedance adjustment can be set from 10 to 1000 ohms, or a 47k ohm (designed for low-out MC cartridges)
- Input Capacitance Adjustment: Input capacitance can between 100pF, 220pF, or 320pF (designed for high-out MC and MM catridges).
- Subsonic Filter: The Subsonic filter (-12dB @ 20Hz) can be turned on or off, and helps to reduce low-frequency rumble and wasted amplifier power.
Two Selectable Line Inputs/Outputs: The Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2 is equipped with two sets of gold-plated line-level inputs and outputs which offers connection of two turntables, plus two receivers or integrated amplifiers. The gold-plated RCA connectors offer corrosion-free signal transfer.
Power Requirements: The Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2 turntable preamplifier operates off of standard household current using the included external power supply. The outboard power supply helps reduce noise and interference.
- Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 0.5A
- Output: 18V AC, 1A
Trigger Input/Output: The Tube Box DS2 is equipped with a 12V/2.5mm trigger output and 12V/2.5mm trigger input to turn on/off the preamplifier and connected turntable remotely from a receiver with 12V trigger connectivity.
Metal Case: The tube phono preamplifier features a metal case that shields the electronics from vibration and electromagnetic interference.
2 questions already asked