About the Pro-Ject Tube Box II
Few things go together quite like the relaxed sound of vinyl and the warm glow of vacuum tubes. Pro-Ject understands. They've been building high-performance turntables and electronics for years. Their Tube Box II phono preamp is a shining example of all that expertise. Connect it to your 'table, and this sweet little tube preamp will lend depth and spaciousness to the sound of your LPs. It's an addictive experience that will keep you listening deep into the night.
Many receivers and amplifiers these days lack the phono input you need to hook up your turntable. And when manufacturers do include one, they often use low-cost, low-performance circuitry that sounds flat and lifeless. Pro-Ject's Tube Box II neatly solves that problem. It boosts and equalizes the tiny voltages coming from your 'table's phono cartridge to deliver a robust, line-level signal infused with rich, three-dimensional sound. Pro-Ject also uses a dual-mono design with one tube per channel for maximum channel separation and superior stereo imaging.
This preamp's inputs are compatible with either moving magnet or moving coil cartridges, to ensure proper matching with virtually any turntable and cartridge combination. The Tube Box II also includes a switchable subsonic filter to reduce low-frequency turntable rumble that can result in wasted amplifier power.
- dual-mono design using two dual-triode 12AX7A (ECC83) vacuum tubes for optimal channel separation
- compatible with moving magnet and moving coil phono cartridges
- switchable subsonic filter to reduce low-frequency rumble and wasted amplifier power
- all-metal chassis for improved shielding from vibration and electromagnetic interference.
- external power supply for reduced noise and interference
- gold-plated RCA connectors for corrosion-free signal transfer
- small size allows placement near turntable
- signal-to-noise ratio: 84dB (MM), 67dB (MC)
- THD: 0.05% (MM); 0.08% (MC)
- RIAA response accuracy: < 0.05dB (20-20,000 Hz)
- gain: 40dB (MM), 60dB (MC)
- 4-1/16"W x 2-15/16"H x 6-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Tube Box II-BK
What's in the box:
- Turntable (MM/MC) tube pre-amplifier
- AC power supply (with attached 5' DC cord)
- Instructions For Use
Pro-Ject Tube Box II reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject Tube Box II
Features & specs
|Adjustable Resistance Load||---|
|Adjustable Capacitance Load||---|
|Signal-to-noise Ratio (MM)||---|
|Signal-to-noise Ratio (MC)||---|
Overview: The Pro-Ject Audio Systems Tube Box II for MM and MC is a very high-quality phono cartridge preamplifier. This unit produces a lively and powerful performance with convincing sound staging and emotional presentation.
Metal Case: The phone preamplifier features a metal case that shields the electronics from vibration and electromagnetic interference.
Dual-Mono Circuitry: The Pro-Ject Tube Box II utilizes dual-mono architecture with two double triode tubes (12AX7A -ECC83) for optimum channel separation.
MM/MC Compatible: The Pro-Ject Tube Box II phono preamplifier offers amplifications and RIAA equalization for MM and MC cartridges.
MM/MC Switch: The Pro-Ject Tube Box II phono preamplifier is equipped with a rear-panel MM/MC switch.
Subsonic Filter: There is a Subsonic filter selection switch located on the rear of the unit. The Subsonic filter helps to reduce low-frequency rumble and wasted amplifier power.
Gold-Plated RCA Connections: The Pro-Ject Box II is equipped with a pair of gold-plated RCA connections for the output stage and input stage. The gold-plate RCA connectors offer corrosion-free signal transfer.
Power Requirements: The Pro-Ject Tube Box II turntable preamplifier operates off of standard household current using the included oversized outboard power supply (Input: 120V AC~60Hz, 220mA / Output: 16V AC, 100mA). The outboard power supply helps reduce noise and interference.
Tubes: ECC83 x 2 (12AX 7A)
- MM: 47k ohms / 120pF
- MC: 100 ohms / 120pf
- MM: 300mV / 1kHz @ 3mV / 1kHz
- MC: 300mV / 1kHz @ 0.3mV / 1kHz
- MM: 40dB
- MC: 60 dB
- MM: 84dbV (94dBV - 'A' weighted)
- MC: 67dBV (74dBV - 'A' weighted)
- MM: < 0.95%
- MC: < 0.08%
RIAA-Equalization Curve Accuracy: < 0.5dB / 20Hz-20kHz
Subsonic Filter: @ 18Hz with 18dB/oct.
Power Supply: 16V / 1A AC
Power Consumption: 16V / 410mA AC