About the Pro-Ject X2
An extremely well-made turntable
An extremely well-made turntable
The Pro-Ject X2 offers solid build quality and attention to sonic detail, with a heavy 12" acrylic platter that reduces resonance and noise, a one-piece carbon fiber/aluminum tonearm for superior rigidity, and a rugged MDF base with four adjustable aluminum feet. The motor is decoupled from base for reduced vibration transmission. The 'table also features a stainless steel platter bearing with soft brass bushing and teflon mirrors for top performance.
Hear more detail
The Sumiko Moonstone phono cartridge may look like others on the outside, but it really makes a difference when you play your favorite vinyl. Its extremely efficient design produces superior stereo separation and an amazing frequency response of 12-33,000 Hz. Don't your cherished records — and your ears — deserve that kind of love?
- heavy 12" acrylic platter reduces resonance and noise
- built-in precision Speed Box control with top-mounted electronic switch for easy speed changes (33-1/3 and 45 RPM; 78 RPM with belt change)
- older 78 RPM recordings may require Audio-Technica VM670SP or similar stylus (not included)
- noise-reducing stainless steel platter bearing with soft brass bushing and teflon mirrors
- one-piece 9" tonearm with carbon/aluminum sandwich construction for superior rigidity
- adjustable azimuth and VTA (vertical tracking angle)
- TPE-damped counterweight reduces arm-cartridge resonances
- Kardan ultra-low friction precision tonearm bearing
- includes pre-mounted Sumiko Moonstone moving magnet cartridge
- medium density fiberboard (MDF) base with four adjustable aluminum feet
- electronically regulated AC motor decoupled from base for reduced vibration transmission
- speed variation: ±0.25% @ 33-1/3 RPM (±0.20% @ 45 RPM)
- wow and flutter: ±0.12% @ 33-1/3 RPM (±0.1% @ 45 RPM)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 70dB
- frequency range (with included cartridge): 12-33,000 Hz
- channel separation (with included cartridge): 30dB @ 1kHz
- shielded low-capacitance phono cables included
- gold-plated RCA audio jacks
Dimensions and warranty:
What's in the box:
- Tonearm (pre-installed)
- Catridge/Stylus (pre-installed)
- AC power adapter (attached 6' DC cord)
- 3 AC power plugs (US/UK/EU)
- Felt mat
- Flat belt
- Round belt
- 4' Stereo RCA cable (w/ gounding wire)
- 45 RPM adapter
- Antistaking weight w/ post
- Headshell weight
- Dust cover
- Belt tool
- Cartridge Alighnment Protractor
- 2 Hex-keys
- Pair of gloves
- Instructions For Use
Pro-Ject X2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject X2
Silent 3-Speed Motor System: The Pro-Ject X2 employs a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which combined with the convenient 3-speed control board (33-1/3, 45, or 78 RPM) to deliver clean and stable power to the silent motor system. The X2's motor chassis is carefully balanced and suspended on a precision tuned TPE belt; this way the motor chassis is effectively decoupled from the main plinth for optimal performance. It is free floating, horizontally completely level and able to operate at the highest performance levels. As a result, this silent motor suspension system eliminates any unwanted vibration from being transmitted to the turntable's chassis, platter, tonearm, or cartridge.
Note: The turntable supports 33-1/3, 45, and 78 RPM speeds. Two belts are provided; see Instructions for which belt to use for what speed. 78 RPM records require an additional cartridge that is not included and sold separately (see Accessories Tab).
Moonstone MM Cartridge: The Pro-Ject X2 turntable is outfitted with a Sumiko Oyster Series Moonstone MM cartridge. This high-performance MM phono cartridge utilizes the powerful mechanically-generated electromotive forces of the moving magnet to help give your vinyl playback extra punch and convincing realism. The Moonstone cartridge is exceptionally well-balanced and dimensionally dense for breathtaking dynamics with a frequency response of 12-33kHz.. It features an aluminum cantilever, micron-elliptical stylus, and pure copper wiring.
Carbon/Aluminum Sandwich Construction Tonearm: The 9" carbon/aluminum sandwich construction tonearm is incredibly light and stiff, with improved resistance to external interference. This 9" tonearm and its upgraded bearing system delivers precise tracking, stability, and accuracy. The tonearm's one-piece design avoids vibrations caused by detachable headshells and the included TPE damped counterweight reduces arm-cartridge resonances by as much as 50%. The X2 can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment for greater flexibility. In addition, the X2's tonearm is an excellent fit for low compliance MC cartridges (sold separately).
Non-Resonant Acryl Platter: The X2's motor drives a new, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing for smooth rotation. This is the perfect platform on which to place your precious vinyl records, guaranteeing absolute reliability in its performance and sonic character. The Acryl platter measures 30mm thick and weighs 4.4 lbs.
MDF Plinth with Adjustable Feet: Structurally, the X2 is supported by its large, heavy, dense and stiff MDF plinth, reducing unwanted resonances to almost imperceptible levels. By adding this extra mass, the X2 is even quieter, allowing the vinyl reproduction to become more detailed and precise. The X2's plinth is available in four finishes; a premium walnut wood veneer, a luxurious black 8-layer high gloss paint, or black or white eight-layer hand-polished satin paint. Height-adjustable, Aluminum/TPE sandwich construction feet help to level the turntable and effectively isolate it from the surface it is placed on.
Stereo RCA Outputs: Plinth mounted RCA output jacks allow for connection to the Phono Input of your receiver, integrated amplifier, or preamplifier. If your receiver does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate Phono Preamplifier (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) is required to connect the turntable to your receiver or amp.
Connect-IT E RCA Cable: The X2 turntable comes with Pro-Ject's Connect-IT E RCA cable; a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable with superior shielding that's optimized for turntable use. Compared to other digital and analog music sources, the signal coming from a turntable cartridge is very fragile in nature and cheap RCA cables often do not provide the ideal conditions for getting a phono signal to an amplifier. The Connect-IT E cable is purpose-designed for this exact application.
AC Power Adapter: The Pro-Ject X2 includes an external AC power adapter (with 6' cord) that plugs into the back of the turntable and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Dust Cover: The Pro-Ject X2 comes supplied with a dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.
1 question already asked