About the Pro-Ject 1Xpression Carbon Classic
Experience more magic in your music
Experience more magic in your music
This turntable is likely to be all many vinyl enthusiasts will ever need to find musical happiness. It offers fantastic performance that really lets you savor the warm, natural sound of your records. This high-performance turntable starts with all of the key construction and design elements that make the original 1XPression Carbon so great, then adds a couple of significant enhancements to make it even better.
What makes it a Classic?
The first thing Pro-Ject did was to give the 1Xpression Carbon Classic an upgraded platter. This finely balanced, heavy aluminum platter uses a sandwiched layer of Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) around its perimeter to fight performance-robbing resonance for a lower noise floor and blacker backgrounds. Then, Pro-Ject added an Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge. This advanced version of Ortofon's highly praised 2M cartridge design uses silver spools in the cartridge body to provide optimal signal generation for more precise sound. Bottom line — your music will sound deeper, richer, and more dynamic than ever.
Precision-built for high performance
What other goodies does the 1Xpression Carbon Classic offer that make your records sound their best? For starters, a high-performance, one-piece carbon fiber tonearm. Along with reducing resonance that can color sound, the arm's innovative low-friction gimbal bearing features a damped counterweight that knocks resonance down even further. The platter spins on a precision chrome-plated stainless steel and bronze bearing for smooth rotation and ultra-quiet operation. The decoupled, damped motor mount and belt drive system physically isolate vibration from the chassis to prevent motor noise from being audible through your sound system. An external power supply helps reduce the chance of hum and noise, and features an ultra-precise, DC-driven AC generator for enhanced speed accuracy. Finally, the 1-Xpression Carbon Classic's MDF chassis rests on rubber-damped aluminum cone feet for a solid, low-resonance foundation.
Get the best sound without the hassle
One of the great things about vinyl records is that they force you to slow down and become more actively involved in the process of listening. But Pro-Ject's 1-Xpression Carbon Classic won't slow you down much, because of its hassle-free plug 'n' play design. Pro-Ject knows that turntable setup can be a challenge for the novice. That's why this 'table comes out of the box virtually ready to play. Its factory-mounted tonearm and cartridge take the guesswork out of getting started, so you can enjoy optimized sound quality with minimal effort. A few minutes to dial in key settings like tracking force, anti-skating, and platter speed are all that's needed to experience the superior performance that's waiting for you on your favorite records.
- one-piece carbon fiber tonearm with advanced bearing structure for superior rigidity and reduced resonance
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Silver moving magnet cartridge with silver spools in the cartridge body for exceptional resolution and detail
- heavy aluminum sandwich platter with TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer) technology effectively damps unwanted resonance
- precision chrome-plated stainless steel and bronze bearing system with Teflon® bottom for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- felt and cork mats supplied to protect records from scratches
- medium density fiberboard (MDF) base with damped cone feet
- low-noise AC motor decoupled from base for reduced vibration transmission and better sound
- external power supply with ultra-precise DC-driven AC generator for speed stability
- manual operation with silicone-damped tonearm lift
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (manual speed change)
- speed variance: 0.2% at 33-1/3 rpm , 0.18% at 45 rpm
- wow and flutter: 0.14% at 33-1/3 rpm, 0.13% at 45 rpm
- gold-plated RCA and ground terminal connectors (cable included)
- 16-3/8"W x 5"H (with dust cover down) x 13-1/8"D
- weight: 12.13 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years (1 year warranty for the supplied cartridge)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
- MFR # 1XP CC-GW
What's in the box:
- Turntable base (tone-arm and cartridge installed)
- Hub (installed)
- Platter (installed)
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6.5' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug adapters (US/UK/EU)
- Drive belt
- Dust cover
- Felt mat
- 47" Stereo RCA audio cable (with ground wire)
- Counter weight
- Anti-skate weight
- 45 RPM adapter
- 3 Feet discs
- Head-shell weight
- Plastic hook tool
- Instructions for Use
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
Pro-Ject 1Xpression Carbon Classic reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject 1Xpression Carbon Classic
Belt Driven: A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the hub and platter via a flat-ground belt for effective speed stability. The 1-Xpression Carbon Classic supports 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds.
- Speed Variance: 0.2% (33 RPM), 0.18% (45 RPM)
- Wow & Flutter: 0.14% (33 RPM), 0.13% (45 RPM)
Sandwiched Construction Platter: The 1-Xpression Carbon Classic turntable features a 11.875" "sandwiched construction" platter made from advanced thermo plastic elastomers (TPE) and aluminum alloy for optimized resonance behavior. The platter bearing axle is made from low tolerance chrome plated stainless steel running on a Teflon bottom in bronze bearing housing. Supplied felt and cork mats provide excellent speed stability and protects records from scratches.
MDF Plinth: The medium density fiber (MDF) plinth stands on four height-adjustable damped cone feet. The turntable should be positioned on a low-resonance surface such as wood or multiple layer ply-board to avoid structural vibrations disturbing replay.
Decoupled Motor & External Power Supply The motor is decoupled from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission. The 1-Xpression Carbon Classic also utilizes an external power supply to avoid potential electro-mechanical interference.
RCA Connection with Grounding Screw: Connection to the phono input of your amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your choice through the turntable's gold-plated stereo RCA phono jacks and grounding screw. The Pro-Ject turntable comes supplied with a 47" stereo RCA cable with ground wire.
Carbon Tone-arm w/ Counterweight: The 1-Xpression Carbon Classic features a 8.6" one-piece carbon tone-arm with Evo Kardan rings. The conical-shaped carbon-fiber arm-tube avoids standing wave reflections. The tone-arm's inverted bearings consist of four hardened stainless steel points. Its solid arm-base permits accurate height adjustment of the arm-tube and VTA (vertical tracing angle). The tone-arm's flexible counterweight shaft avoids vibration at undesirable frequencies. The counterweight reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records. The counterweight is suitable for cartridges weighing between 0.25-0.42 oz.
MM-Cartridge: The turntable is supplied with a Ortofon 2M Silver MM-cartridge. If your amplifier does not have a suitable Phono MM input, you will need a separate phono pre-amplifier (sold separately) to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
Dust Cover: The Pro-Ject 1-Xpression Carbon Classic comes supplied with a dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.
Internal Wiring: The turntable's internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
Colors: Available in high-gloss piano, high-gloss white, olive, and mahogany finishes.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked