About the JVC HA-FW1800
Sound that's true to life
Sound that's true to life
These earbuds from JVC's Wood Series deliver vibrant sound with a unique combination of materials and high-tech design. The HA-FW1800's wood-dome drivers feature carbon-coated diaphragms for accurate, wide-ranging frequency response, from sweet highs to deep lows.
Each component of the earbud design contributes to its precision, from its special driver materials, to its high-energy magnets, right down to its Spiral Dot+ ear tips, which use tiny dimples to diffuse sound reflection.
A comfortable, customizable fit
When you're listening to music, it's a nuisance if you have to constantly adjust your earbuds because they don't feel right or keep falling out. Fortunately, the HA-FW1800s are built to stay securely and comfortably rest in your ear.
Everyone's ears are a little different, so to help ensure a comfortable fit JVC includes ear tips in five different sizes. These earpieces are made with SMP iFit, a high-tech material which feels similar to human skin. You get a natural, stable fit that lets you focus on your music, rather than your ears.
- 11mm wood-dome drivers deliver vibrant, dynamic sound
- carbon-coated diaphragm increases musical accuracy
- Acoustic Purifier helps ensure a realistic, transparent tone
- powerful high-energy magnetic circuit faithfully reproduces sound sources
- detachable 48" copper-clad aluminum cable with gold-plated 3.5mm miniplug
- isolated left and right cables help improve stereo separation and imaging
- attaches to each earpiece with pro-style MMCX connectors
- includes 5 pairs of Spiral Dot+ ear tips so you can select the best size for your ear
- ear tips made with high-tech SMP iFit material for a natural and comfortable fit
- Spiral Dot+ design diffuses noise and disperses sound naturally
- frequency response: 6-52,000 Hz
- includes leather carrying case
- 9/16"W x 3/4"H x 1-3/16"D
- weight: 1.2 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HAFW1800
What's in the box:
- In-ear headphones (black)
- 48" Audio cable with straight 3.5mm plug(installed)
- 5 Pairs of Spiral Dot+ ear tips (1 pair installed)
- Storage case
- Caution sheet
- Warranty/Customer service sheet
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC HA-FW1800
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.592" x 0.746"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||6-52k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The JVC HA-FW1800 in-ear headphones achieve their warm, clear sound and their beauty from the natural wood materials they're manufactured from. This model from JVC's premium WOOD series delivers faithful reproduction of your Hi-Res audio sources. The HA-FW1800 comes with 5 pairs of innovative Spiral Dot+ ear tips, a 4' detachable cable, and a leather-covered carrying case.
Wood Dome Carbon Diaphragm Driver: Wood has many positive sound characteristics that make it ideal for making fine musical instruments. JVC has developed a way to create thin, lightweight wooden sheets that are only 50 microns thick (0.05mm or 0.0019 inches). The 11mm wood diaphragms recreate those natural and delicate sounds to deliver Hi-Res audio with presence and realism. The wooden dome is combined with a carbon-coated PET diaphragm to make the outer portion more flexible while the center maintains its high strength. The high-strength stainless steel housing helps to eliminate any abnormal noise generated by the dome. The driver's high-energy magnetic structure greatly improves the linearity for better accuracy, while the stainless steel sound guide and sound purifier helps to headphones to reach the wide frequency range of Hi-Res Audio.
Cable: The HA-FW1800 features a detachable 4' high-grade CCAW (copper-clad aluminum wire) audio cable with completely segregated left and right twisted cables. The separation of the cables results in clearer sound, better channel separation, and improved imaging. A sliding cinch above the yoke allows you to maintain better wire management and improve fit and comfort. The cables are wrapped in a smooth jacket that helps prevent contact noise. The headphone cable is terminated into a slim, straight, gold-plated plug with a strong metal sleeve. The L/R-isolated grounding cable attaches to each earbud with gold-plated MMCX connectors, which are commonly found on professional in-ear monitors.
Ear Tips: Five pairs of Spiral Dot+ ear tips are included with the headphones to help you find the best fit and comfort. Raised spiral dots on the inner wall of the ear tips work with the acoustic filter in the headphones to diffuse the sound and create a natural sound dispersion. The ear tips are made with SMP iFit, a new material with characteristics much like human skin to give you a natural and comfortable fit. The ear tips come in Small, Medium Small, Medium, Medium Large, and Large.
Case: The HA-FW1800 includes a hard-sided, leather-covered carrying case to help you keep your headphones and ear tips together when not in use. It has a hinged lid with a magnetic closure. Dimensions: Width-3.705", Height-1.25", Depth-3.288", Weight-1.5 ounces.
- Driver: 11mm wood-dome carbon diaphragm dynamic drivers
- Frequency Response: 6Hz - 52kHz
- Dimensions: Width 0.592" Height 0.746" Depth 1.159"
- Weight: 1.2 ounces