About the JVC digifine2.1 KD-SH99
The rugged, motorized aluminum faceplate tells you that the JVC KD-SH99 is no ordinary CD receiver this high-end digifine2.1 performer dishes up superlative sound to match! Four-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs send a clean, strong signal to your component amps. Switch on JVC's Intelli-EQ (iEQ) to contour the frequency curve to your liking. And a front panel audio input lets you add a portable MP3 or tape player.
If you enjoy making CD recordings at home, the KD-SH99 will play audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs. For Internet music fans, this versatile receiver also plays MP3 files stored on a CD-R or CD-RW, and can read MP3 text info (ID-3 tags). Ultra-clean JVC power (19 watts RMS/50 peak x 4) provides plenty of punch for your speakers, while the 24-bit Burr-Brown D/A converter brings out every little detail of your music. A wireless remote is included for your convenience.Details:
- motorized, detachable face
- faceplate angle adjustment
- HS IIIi tuner
- iEQ 3-band equalizer
- Super Bass offers eight levels of adjustment
- 4-volt front/rear preamp outputs
- 4-volt subwoofer outputs with selectable low-pass filter (50, 80, or 120 Hz)
- power amplifier switch lets you turn off built-in power for improved sound quality when using outboard amplification
- CD changer controls
- DVD/VCR controls
- front panel auxiliary input for easy connection of a portable cassette, MD, or MP3 player
- rear line inputs for connection of DVD or VCR audio
- CD Text
- wireless remote
- plays MP3 files stored on CD-R or CD-RW
- reads ID-3 tags
- 19 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 102 dB
- FM sensitivity 11.3 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver with 15-amp fuse inserted into chassis
- Hard face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- RM-RK100 Wireless remote
- CR2025 Lithium battery
- 1 Face security screw with attached note
- 2 Removal tools
- 1 Rear support stud
- 1 Flat washer
- 1 Nut
- 1 Rubber bushing
- Instructions (English/French/Spanish)
- Installation/Connection Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- "Before Electrical Connections" instruction sheet (English/French/Spanish)
- US warranty sheet
- Canadian warranty card
- Canadian service center list
- Product Safety Registration Card/Questionnaire
- "Important" note (discusses resetting the unit and ejecting a CD by force)
- "Caution" sheet (discusses removing the mounting sleeve from the unit)
- "Caution" sheet (discusses proper installation of unit)
- Questions and Answers-Music File MP3
JVC digifine2.1 KD-SH99 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC digifine2.1 KD-SH99
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||19 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||40-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Red/Unit on|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Motorized Fold-Down Face: This unit is equipped with a motorized fold-down detachable faceplate that shifts downward and outward allowing you to insert/eject CDs.
Faceplate Angle Adjustment: You may set the unit to hold the display at one of three different angles or flat against the front of the chassis.
Level Meter/EQ Pattern Display: The level meter display can be set to EQ Only, Level+EQ, or Level Only. In EQ Only mode, the current equalizer pattern is displayed. In Level+EQ mode, the current equalizer pattern and the audio level meter are displayed simultaneously. In Level Only mode, the audio level meter is displayed, giving you a graphic representation of the audio signal level.
Contrast Adjustment: The display contrast may be adjusted from "1" up to "10" for optimum readability.
Power Switch Standby Illumination: When the unit is off, but receiving power on both of its power leads, the source button illuminates in red. None of the other buttons illuminate when the unit is off.
Dimmer: This unit is equipped with a wire that JVC calls an illumination lead, however, it acts as a dimmer lead. The dimmer can be set to OFF (normal brightness at all times), AUTO (display window automatically dims when your car head lights are turned on), or ON (display is always dimmed). Note that the amount of dimming is fixed, it cannot be adjusted, and the illumination wire must be connected for AUTO operation.
CD Compatibility: This unit will play standard audio (16-bit, 44kHz, PCM) CDs, finalized CD-Rs and finalized CD-RWs, and it will play CD-ROMs, finalized CD-Rs and finalized CD-RWs that contain MP3 audio files.
MP3 File Playback: This unit can play MP3 files that have been recorded with constant bit rate (32kbps to 320kbps) or variable bit rate compression on CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW discs. The disc must be in one of the following formats: ISO 9660 level 1 or ISO 9660 level 2. The following functions are available during MP3 playback:
- Direct Directory Access: You can directly access directories 1-12 by pressing the station preset buttons. If a preset button is pressed for less than 1 second, the directory corresponding to the number on the preset button is selected. When a preset button is pressed for more than 1 second, the directory corresponding to the number above the preset button is accessed; this method is used to access directories 7-12.
- Directory Search: Allows you to skip to the next or previous directory in the same hierarchy level or on a different hierarchy level
- File Search: Allows you to skip to the next or previous file
- Audible File Search: This function allows you to perform fast forward or reverse audible search within a file
- Random Play: Plays all the files on a disc in random order
- Repeat Play: You can select RPT1 or RPT2. In RPT1 mode, the current file is repeated. In RPT2 mode, all files in the current directory are repeated.
- Intro Scan: Plays the first 15 seconds of each file on a disc
ID3 Tag Display: When a disc with ID3 Tag information is playing, the ID3 Tag information can be displayed. This feature can be turned on or off. Note: This unit is only compatible with ID3 Tag version 1.
Super Bass: When this function is used, the richness and fullness of the bass is clearly maintained regardless of how low you set the volume. The Super Bass level is adjustable from 0 to 8.
3-Band Parametric EQ: This model has "Hard Rock", "R&B", "Pop", "Jazz", "Dance Music", "Country", "Reggae", "Classic", "User 1", "User 2", "User 3", and "Flat" preset EQ curves. "User 1", "User 2", and "User 3" presets can be adjusted to your preference and stored in memory. When "User 1", "User 2", or "User 3" is selected, you can independently adjust the gain and center frequency for the bass, midrange and treble. You can also set the Q (width) for the bass and midrange. You can independently adjust the bass, midrange and treble gain from -6 to +6. The bass center frequency can be set to 50Hz, 80Hz, or 120Hz. The midrange center frequency can be set to 700Hz, 1kHz, or 2kHz. The treble center frequency can be set to 8kHz or 12kHz. The bass Q can be set to 1, 2, 3 or 4. The midrange Q can be set to 1 or 2.
EQ Link: The EQ Link function can be turned On or Off. When EQ Link is turned On, the selected sound mode can be stored in memory for the current source. A sound mode can be stored for each of the following sources: FM1, FM2, FM3, AM, CD and connected external components.
Source Titling: Titles, up to 10 characters long, can be stored and recalled from memory for up to 30 radio stations. Titles, up to 32 characters long, can be stored and recalled from memory for up to 40 CDs. Titles, up to 10 characters long, can be stored and recalled from memory for connected external components. Note: You cannot label CDs that are encoded with CD Text information.
Tuner: This model is equipped with JVC's proprietary HS-IIIi tuner.
Standard and European Tuning Spacing: The tuner allows you to select U.S. standard or European tuning spacing.
IF Filter: In some areas, adjacent stations may interfere with each other. If this interference occurs, noise may be heard. When this type of interference occurs and the IF Filter is set to Auto, the unit automatically increases the tuner selectivity so the interference noise will be reduced, however, the stereo effect will be lost. If the IF Filter is set to Wide, the unit will be susceptible to interference, but the sound quality will not be degraded and the stereo effect will not be lost.
D/A Converter: For superior sound quality, this unit uses a 24-bit D/A converter.
CD Text Capable: When used with a CD Text encoded CD, this unit will display the CD text information. The unit can be set to automatically scroll any title longer than 10 characters.
Direct Track Access: You can directly access CD tracks 1-12 by pressing the station preset buttons. If a preset button is pressed for less than 1 second, the track corresponding to the number on the preset button is selected. When a preset button is pressed for more than 1 second, the track corresponding to the number above the preset button is accessed; this method is used to access tracks 7-12.
Disc Eject Prohibit: This feature keeps the disc from ejecting even if the eject button is pushed. The disc eject prohibit feature is engaged/disengaged by pressing the eject and SEL buttons simultaneously for more than 2 seconds.
Subwoofer Preamp Outputs: In addition to the front and rear 4.0-volt preamp outputs, this unit is equipped with one set of non-fading subwoofer preamp outputs. These outputs are typically used to feed a subwoofer amplifier. The non-fading output level is adjustable from 0 to +12. In addition, the outputs have a selectable low-pass filter, allowing you to choose 50, 80, or 120Hz.
Power Amplifier Switch: This feature allows you to switch off the built-in amplifier and send the audio signals only to the connected external amplifiers. This prevents internal heat buildup and improves the sound quality of the unit.
DVD/VCR Control: You can operate either JVC's VCR or DVD player through this receiver, using the number buttons on the control panel. When a VCR or DVD player is being used, it should be connected to the Line In plugs on the rear of this unit. When controlling the DVD player, this unit can perform the following functions: power on/off, start playback, stop playback, track skip and audible search. When controlling the VCR, this unit can perform the following functions: power on/off, start playback, stop playback, fast-forward and rewind. Note: When shipped from the factory, the number buttons are set to be used for DVD operation. If you connect the VCR, you will need to change the operation mode of the number buttons from the DVD operation mode to the VCR operation mode.
Line In Auxiliary Input: There is a set of RCA line inputs on a pigtail connected to the back of the unit. The line in connections can be used with a JVC mobile VCR or DVD player, or they may be used with an auxiliary source equipped with line level outputs. The input level of the Line In plugs may be adjusted from 0 to 5.
Front Panel Auxiliary Input: A front panel stereo mini-jack is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable cassette, MD or MP3 player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. The input level of the auxiliary input can be adjusted from 0 to 5.
Compatibility with Optional AUX Input Adapter: Item 105KSU57 (sold separately) may be used to provide an additional auxiliary input on this unit. This feature allows you to connect a portable audio player, such as a portable MD player, to this unit as an additional audio source. Item 105KSU57 connects to the CD changer input on this unit. When the aux input adapter is connected to this unit, a CD changer cannot be connected.
Compatibility: This unit is equipped with JVC's "J-Link" CD changer control system. CH-X series JVC CD changers can be controlled directly. A KSU15K adapter (sold separately) is required to connect this unit to older series (non-"CH-X" series) JVC changers.
- Direct Disc Selection: You may select discs directly using the preset buttons
- Disc Skip: Using the remote, discs may be skipped forward/backward
- Track Skip: Tracks may be skipped forward/backward
- Track Search: Audible forward/reverse search playback
- RND1 (Random 1) Mode: Randomly plays all the tracks of one disc, then the tracks on the next disc and so on
- RND2 (Random 2) Mode: Randomly plays tracks from all discs in the magazine
- RPT1 (Repeat 1) Mode: Repeats current track
- RPT2 (Repeat 1) Mode: Repeats all tracks on current disc
- INT1 (Intro Scan 1): Plays the first 15 seconds of all tracks on all discs in the changer
- INT2 (Intro Scan 2): Plays the first 15 seconds of each disc in the changer
Remote: This unit comes with the JVC RM-RK100 credit card style wireless remote.
- ATT/Power: Turns power and mute on/off
- Angle Up/Down: Allows you to adjust the angle of the display
- EQ: Cycles through the EQ presets
- CD: Selects the CD player as the source
- FM: Selects the FM tuner as the source
- AM: Selects the AM tuner as the source
- CH: Selects the changer as the source (if one is connected)
- Aux: Selects the auxiliary input as the source
- |<</>>| Buttons: In tuner mode, these buttons allow you to seek the next station. In CD mode, these buttons allow you to skip tracks and perform audible search. In MP3 mode, these buttons allow you to skip files and perform audible search within a file.
- Disc Up: In CD mode, this button advances to the next disc when a CD changer is connected. In MP3 mode, this button allows you to skip to the first file of an upper hierarchy level.
- Disc Down: In CD mode, this button advances to the previous disc when a CD changer is connected. In MP3 mode, this button allows you to skip to the first file of a lower hierarchy level.
- Preset >: In tuner mode, this button allows you to select the next station preset. In MP3 mode, this button allows you to skip to the first file of the next directory.
- Preset <: In tuner mode, this button allows you to select the previous station preset. In MP3 mode, this button allows you to skip to the first file of the previous directory.
- Sel: Allows you to access the audio adjustments
- Volume +/-: Allows you to turn the volume up/down
- R-D: Skips to the root directory while listening to an MP3 disc
Dimensions: L=4.906" W=1.851" H=0.353"