About the JVC LX-NZ3B
JVC's projector expertise now fits more budgets
JVC's projector expertise now fits more budgets
In the world of home theater projectors, JVC is mainly known for high-end models based on D-ILA display technology. But those projectors are relatively big, heavy, and expensive, and not practical for every room and budget. The LX-NZ3 is a more compact, affordable design that uses Texas Instruments' DLP® technology and a laser light source to deliver crisp 4K/HDR images.
JVC's BLU-Escent laser light engine produces 3,000 lumens of brightness, so you can enjoy a vivid picture even with some lights on. Plus, that laser offers 20,000 hours of maintenance-free life.
You've seen DLP before — on the big screens in movie theaters
DLP (Digital Light Processing) projectors have been used in commercial movie theaters for 20 years, and DLP is still the most popular digital cinema technology. Those projectors typically cost $40,000 or more, and feature three DLP imaging chips — one each for the red, green, and blue color primaries.
By comparison, most home DLP projectors, including the LX-NZ3, use a single DLP chip and a fast-spinning color wheel to reproduce the full color spectrum.
The LX-NZ3's DLP chip has 1920 x 1080-pixel native resolution, which, when combined with an optical actuator that shifts every pixel diagonally, increases the number of pixels perceived by the eye to 4K Ultra HD resolution. The LX-NZ3 has two HDMI inputs, but only one of them will accept full 4K/60Hz signals.
Customized HDR settings for a more accurate picture
Compared to HD, 4K not only offers much higher resolution, it also adds HDR, which expands overall picture contrast range with deeper blacks and brighter highlights. The LX-NZ3 supports the HDR10 and HLG formats, and automatically switches to HDR mode when it detects an HDR signal. It also includes special tone-mapping capabilities that ensure superior results with HDR-enhanced content.
No current projector (or TV, for that matter) can reproduce the entire contrast range of HDR formats. So every display must apply a "tone map" to adapt the HDR content to match its capabilities. The LX-NZ3's Auto Tone Mapping feature looks at the maximum and average light level information provided on many HDR10-encoded UHD Blu-ray discs, and adjusts the projector's HDR settings for the most accurate picture.
There are lots of of HDR-encoded 4K movies and shows available from streaming services like Netflix® and Amazon Instant Video. Since the LX-NZ3 has no built-in web apps, you'll need to connect a 4K media streamer to explore this great-looking content. Of course, for the large images of projector systems, the ultimate high-resolution source is an Ultra HD Blu-ray player.
For the best picture quality from this 4K projector, we recommend using a 4K-rated projector screen.
- BLU-Escent™ laser diode/phosphor light engine delivers ultra-pure light with zero maintenance
- single-chip DLP system has one 0.47" DMD imager with 1920 x 1080-pixel native resolution
- 4K e-shift yields 3840 x 2160 Ultra HD projected image
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- Auto Tone Mapping automatically optimizes HDR10 image quality for compatible content
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio (can also display 4:3 material)
- recommended image size: 60" to 200"
- light output: 3000 lumens
- Dynamic Laser Dimming boosts picture contrast
- infinite dynamic contrast ratio
- covers 100% of Rec. 709 color standard (BT2020 compatible)
- 10-bit processing enables over one billion colors
- color management system with 6-axis matrix
- Super Resolution lets you fine-tune the upscaling of HD content
- 1.6X manual zoom/focus lens (standard-throw)
- lens shift image adjustment (manual, horizontal and vertical)
- vertical keystone correction
- 2 HDMI 2.0 inputs
- PC input
- USB Type-A port for charging external devices
- mini USB port for service only
- 9-pin RS-232C port for external control of the projector via compatible computer or third-party control device
- 3.5mm 12V trigger output for controlling a motorized screen
- detachable power cord
- laser diode light source lasts up to 20,000 hours
- quiet cooling fan (29 dB Eco)
- illuminated remote control
- can be placed on a tabletop or ceiling-mounted (mounting bracket sold separately)
- 15-7/8"W x 5-3/4"H x 13-1/2"D
- weight: 13.9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 years parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- this projector does not include any type of built-in TV tuner
- MFR # LX-NZ3B
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC LX-NZ3B
Features & specs
|Resolution (pixels)||3840 x 2160|
|Dynamic Iris||Dynamic Laser Dimming|
|Approximate Lamp Life||20,000 hrs.|
|Bulb Wattage||95 watts|
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)||3000|
|Vertical Lens Shift||Yes|
|Horizontal Lens Shift||Yes|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Type of Warranty Service||Carry-in|
|Wireless HDMI Input||No|
|Component Video Inputs||None|
|Composite Video Inputs||None|
|USB Media Port|