About the JVC DLA-RS4500K
This projector's images are laser-sharp and laser-bright
This projector's images are laser-sharp and laser-bright
JVC's DLA-RS4500K laser projector is designed for discerning cinephiles looking to match or exceed the movie theater experience, at home. It delivers native 4K/HDR images with plenty of brightness to fill even the largest home theater screens.
JVC's exclusive BLU-Escent™ laser phosphor illumination provides 3,000 lumens of brightness and 20,000 hours of maintenance-free operation. The laser light source also offers dynamic light control for an infinite contrast ratio.
JVC is the king of contrast and black level
Video experts agree that contrast and black level are the two easiest picture characteristics to see, regardless of viewing distance or image size. Over the years, JVC's D-ILA-based projectors have built a reputation for producing the deepest blacks and best contrast in the industry.
D-ILA stands for Digital Direct Drive Image Light Amplifier. There are three D-ILA chips — one each for the red, green, and blue primary colors — and each has an LCD imaging layer placed on top of a reflective layer. It's this reflective layer that allows JVC's projectors to produce their exceptional native contrast, which is the contrast created by the imaging devices alone.
Customized HDR settings for each title — automatically
Compared to HD, 4K not only offers much higher resolution, it also adds HDR, which expands overall picture contrast range with deeper blacks and brighter highlights. The DLA-RS4500K supports the HDR10 and HLG formats, and automatically switches to the correct picture mode when it detects the HDR signal. It also includes special tone-mapping capabilities that ensure superior results with HDR-enhanced content.
No current consumer projector (or TV, for that matter) can reproduce the entire contrast range of HDR formats. So every display must apply a "tone map" to adapt the HDR content to match its capabilities. The DLA-RS4500K's Auto Tone Mapping feature looks at the maximum and average light level information provided on many HDR10-encoded UHD Blu-ray discs, and adjusts the projector's HDR settings for the most accurate picture.
For streamed and other 4K content that doesn't provide light level info, the DLA-RS4500K's Frame Adapt feature makes an educated guess about the best HDR settings based on scene-by-scene analysis. So you can always count on seeing a balanced, natural looking picture without having to fiddle with HDR settings each time.
There are lots of of HDR-encoded 4K movies and shows available from streaming services like Netflix® and Amazon Instant Video. Since the DLA-RS4500K has no built-in web apps, you'll need to connect a 4K media streamer to explore this great-looking content. Of course, for the large images of projector systems, the ultimate high-resolution source is an Ultra HD Blu-ray player.
You're in control
The DLA-RS4500K's 100mm 18-element all-glass lens provides exceptional sharpness and edge-to-edge focus. The motorized lens offers powered zoom, focus, and lens shift, ensuring pinpoint sizing and control of the image from the comfort of your viewing spot. The generous zoom and shift capabilities can easily accommodate most rooms.
An array of built-in controls let you fine-tune every aspect of picture quality. There are five preset picture modes — Natural, Cinema, HDR10, HLG, and Film — plus six customizable user modes to create and store your own. For experienced projector owners (or installers or calibrators) there's a full color management system for tweaking grayscale accuracy, provided you have the necessary measuring tools and test signals.
For cooling, the rear intake/front exhaust fan adapts to the installation environment to maximize its effectiveness, and it employs a professional level air filter that can withstand severe conditions. Special care has been taken to add functional beauty by applying a texturized matt black finish minimizing visible finger prints during installation as well as in theater reflections.
For the best picture quality from this 4K projector, we recommend using a 4K-rated projector screen.
- 2nd-generation BLU-Escent™ laser diode/phosphor light engine delivers ultra-pure light with zero maintenance
- 3 D-ILA panels with Full Digital Cinema 4K resolution (4096 x 2160 pixels each)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- Auto Tone Mapping and Frame Adapt automatically optimize HDR image quality
- widescreen 16:9/17:9 aspect ratio (can also display 4:3 material)
- recommended image size: 60" to 280"
- light output: 3000 lumens
- infinite dynamic contrast ratio
- 18-element, 16-group all-glass 100mm lens provides excellent sharpness and edge-to-edge focus
- Multiple Pixel Control image processor analyzes and optimizes images pixel by pixel
- Clear Motion Drive frame interpolation with Motion Enhance reduces blur and judder and makes motion look smoother
- wide color gamut — covers 100% of DCI P3 standard
- 10-bit processing enables over one billion colors
- color management system with 6-axis matrix
- THX® 4K Certified
- 3D-capable (requires JVC's PK-EM2 3D Synchro Emitter and PK-AG3 active RF 3D glasses, both sold separately)
- Low Latency Mode suppresses display delay for faster response with signals from PCs and game consoles
- 2X powered zoom/focus lens (standard-throw)
- lens shift image adjustment (powered, horizontal and vertical)
- vertical keystone correction
- 9-setting Installation Mode lets you easily customize picture settings/lens positions
- 2 HDMI 2.0 inputs
- RJ-45 LAN port for controlling the projector via a network connection
- USB Type-A input for firmware updates
- RS-232C port for external control of the projector via compatible computer or third-party control device
- 3.5mm 12V trigger output for controlling a motorized screen or other device
- 3-pin mini-DIN connector for use with optional 3D synch emitter
- detachable power cord
- laser diode light source lasts up to 20,000 hours
- ultra-quiet cooling fan (25 dB)
- illuminated remote control
- can be placed on a tabletop or ceiling-mounted (mounting bracket sold separately)
- 19-11/16"W x 9-1/4"H x 28-3/4"D
- weight: 82.7 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- this projector does not include any type of built-in TV tuner
- MFR # DLA-RS4500K
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC DLA-RS4500K
Features & specs
|3D-Capable||Active (req. optional emitter)|
|Resolution (pixels)||4096 x 2160|
|Approximate Lamp Life||20,000 hrs.|
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)||3000|
|Vertical Lens Shift||Yes|
|Horizontal Lens Shift||Yes|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Type of Warranty Service||Carry-in|
|Wireless HDMI Input||No|
|Component Video Inputs||None|
|Composite Video Inputs||None|
|USB Media Port||No|