About the JVC RX-D302B
The RX-D302B makes it easy to enjoy all of your entertainment options from movies and TV shows to the music files on your computer's hard drive in enveloping surround sound. It's got all the multichannel power and processing you need to fill your room with compelling home theater sound, and plenty of convenience features to make it easier to operate your whole system.
The 'D302B's ability to receive music from your computer wirelessly is a cool and unique feature for fans of computer audio. Just plug the included transmitter into a USB port on your PC or Mac. Play your favorite music on iTunes®, Windows® Media Player, or almost any other program the 'D302B lets you listen to it all in the comfort of your living room, through your best speakers.
Another convenient feature is component video conversion, which lets you send all of your video sources to your TV via a single component video connection. This not only simplifies switching between video components, but also preserves the best possible picture quality for each one. And a multibrand remote with glow-in-the-dark buttons makes it easy to operate all your audio/video gear, even when the lights are low.
- 110 watts x 7 into 6 ohms at 0.8% THD
- digital amplification
- Dolby® Digital EX, DTS-ES®, Dolby Pro Logic® IIx, and DTS Neo:6 processing
- includes wireless transmitter for audio connection from your PC or Mac (attaches to your computer's USB port)
- 2.4GHz transmission for high-quality sound and extended range
- USB input
- digital audio upsampling enhances the sound of digital stereo sources
- built-in digital equalizer
- component video conversion
- component video switching (2 in, 1 out, 35MHz bandwidth)
- digital inputs: 2 optical, 1 coaxial
- 1 audio, 3 A/V (including 3 S-video) inputs
- no phono input
- 1 set of main speaker outputs
- multibrand remote
- 15 AM/30 FM presets
- 17-1/8"W x 3-5/8"H x 15-1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RX-D302B
What's in the box:
- Black AM/FM/Dolby Digital/DTS receiver
- RM-SRXD301J Wireless remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- USB wireless transmitter
- USB wireless antenna
- 21" USB extension cable (has a male USB Type A connector on one end and a female USB Type A connector on the other end)
- FM wire antenna
- AM Loop antenna
- Product Registration Card/Questionnaire
- Important Products Safety Instruction
- "For USB wireless transmitter" sheet
- "Read before connection and installation" sheet
- Errata sheet
JVC RX-D302B reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the JVC RX-D302B
Features & specs
Inputs and Outputs Notes
USB Wireless Transmitter: The USB wireless transmitter allows you to wirelessly connect your computer to the receiver. Once connected, you can wirelessly play music from your computer through your home speakers. The USB wireless transmitter simply plugs into a USB port on your Windows 98 SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000 or Windows XP equipped PC or a Mac computer with OS 9.2.1, 10.2, or later, and the USB wireless antenna connects to the back panel of the receiver.
Compression Compensative (CC) Converter: The CC Converter eliminates jitter and ripples, achieving a drastic reduction in digital distortion. The converter applies digital upsampling to the front left and right channels to re-create the ultra-high frequencies in musical performances that most recording technologies cannot capture. Using the CC Converter lets you obtain a natural sound field from both digital and analog sources. You can choose from the following modes:
- CC Converter 1: select when playing back an analog source or a digital source with a non-compressed digital sound signal (linear PCM)
- CC Converter 2: select when playing back a source with a compressed digital sound signal (Dolby Digital or DTS)
Surround Modes: This receiver incorporates a wide variety of surround modes to bring you maximum enjoyment from your audio and video software. The surround modes include:
- Surround Modes:
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Digital EX
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx (Movie and Music)
- Dolby Pro Logic II (Movie and Music)
- DTS ES Discrete 6.1 and DTS ES Matrix 6.1
- DTS 96/24
- DTS NEO:6 (Cinema and Music)
- DAP Modes:
- Hall 1
- Hall 2
- Live Club
- Dance Club
- Theater 1
- Theater 2
- All Channel Stereo
- Mono Film
Digital Acoustic Processor (DAP): Sound field simulation technology allows precise ambience recreation of existing theaters and halls. JVC's high-performance DSP and high-capacity memory, you can enjoy multi-channel surround sound by playing 2-channel or multi-channel software according to the speaker setting.
Virtual Surround Back: When playing back Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, or DTS-ES software, this mode creates a virtual surround back speaker.
Quick Speaker Setup: The Quick Speaker Setup helps you to easily and quickly register the speaker size and distance according to your listening room to create the best possible surround effect. After indicating the number of speakers in the system (2.0-channels, 2.1CH, 3.0CH, 3.1CH, etc. up to 7.1CH), and the room size (Large, Medium, or Small), the receiver automatically set the speaker output levels to appropriate values. You can also perform the speaker setup procedure manually for each speaker, if desired.
Adjustable Sound Parameters: You can adjust the following Surround and DSP sound parameters:
- Effect (DAP modes): allows you to adjust the effect level from 1 to 5. As the number increases, the DAP effect becomes stronger.
- Room Size (DAP modes): allows you to adjust the virtual room size from 1 to 5. As the number increases, the interval between reflections increases so that you will feel as if you are in a larger room.
- Liveness (DAP modes): allows you to adjust the liveness effect level from 1 to 5. As the number increases, the attenuation level of reflections over time decreases so that acoustics change from "Dead" to "Live."
- Panorama (Pro Logic IIx and Pro Logic II Music modes only): allows you to add a "wraparound" sound effect with side-wall imaging
- Center Width (Pro Logic IIx and Pro Logic II Music modes only): allows you to adjust the position of the center image
- Dimension (Pro Logic IIx and Pro Logic II Music mode only): allows you to adjust the sound localization position from 1 to 7. As the number increases, the sound localization moves from back to front.
- Center Gain (Neo:6 Music mode only): allows you to adjust the position of the center image
- Center Tone: allows you to adjust the center tone from 1 to 5. As the number increases, the dialogue becomes clearer so that human voices change from soft to sharp.
- Center Align: allows you to adjust the sound so it sounds like the dialogue is coming from your television
3D Headphone Mode: The built-in headphone virtual surround system is compatible with multi-channel software like Dolby Digital, DTS, etc. The signal processing algorithms used by the high-performance DSP allows you to enjoy a natural surround sound through the headphones.
5-band Digital EQ: The Digital EQ allows you to adjust the following frequencies: 63 Hz, 250 Hz, 1 kHz, 4 kHz, and 16 kHz. Each frequency can be adjusted from -8 dB to +8 dB in 2 dB increments.
Auto Memory: This feature assigns and stores different sound settings for each source. The following settings can be adjusted and stored for each source: Analog/digital input mode, Bass Boost setting, Digital Equalization, Input attenuator mode, Midnight Mode, Speaker output levels, and Surround/DSP mode selection.
One Touch Operation: This feature allows you to assign and store the volume level setting for each source.
Input Attenuator: You can attenuate an analog input signal if it is too high and causes distortion.
Crossover: The channels set to "Small" using bass management are filtered with a selectable high-pass crossover. You can select a crossover point of 80 Hz, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, 150 Hz, or 200 Hz.
LFE Attenuator: When the bass is distorted, you can lower LFE bass output by 10 dB.
Midnight Mode: You can choose a Midnight mode setting of "Midnight 1", "Midnight 2" or "Off." The "Midnight 1" setting compresses the dynamic range very little, whereas the "Midnight 2" setting offers full dynamic range compression.
Note: Midnight mode is only available when specially encoded Dolby Digital signals are played.
Sleep Timer: This unit is equipped with a sleep timer that will automatically turn the unit off. The sleep timer can be adjusted from 10 to 90 minutes in 10-minute increments.
Display Dimmer: The display brightness may be set to one of three available settings: Dimmer 1 (dims the display), Dimmer 2 (dims the display more than Dimmer 1), or Dimmer 3 (turns the display off).
RM-SRXD301J Wireless Remote: The remote controls JVC audio/video components (TVs, VCRs, DVD recorders, and DVD players) and it is pre-programmed to control most popular brands of TVs, VCRs, cable boxes, DBS receivers, and DVD players.
A/V Compu Link-III: JVC's exclusive Compu Link Remote Control System allows you to control other JVC audio/video components through the remote sensor of the receiver. Other benefits of connecting other JVC components to the Compu Link system include automatic source selection, automatic power on/off and synchronized recording. This receiver's remote input cable connections conform to the A/V Compu Link-III standard.
Headphone Jack: This unit has a gold-plated standard 1/4" headphone jack on the front panel.
USB: The front panel USB port allows you to connect your computer to the receiver. Once connected, you can play music from your computer through your home speakers.
Assignable Digital Inputs: The receiver features 3 rear panel digital input terminals (1 coaxial, 2 optical). The digital inputs can be assigned to any of the A/V inputs on the receiver. The digital signal format transmitted through the Digital Out terminal is the same as that of the input signal.
DVD/5.1-Channel Input: The Audio/Video input labeled "DVD Multi In" combines the DVD analog input with the multi-channel input for an external decoder. If you are connecting a DVD player using the stereo analog inputs, you should use the Front Left and Right RCA jacks of this input (labeled "DVR/DVD In"). If you are connecting an external 5.1-channel decoder or a DVD player with built-in Dolby Digital (and/or DTS) decoding, you should use all 6 RCA jacks (Front L+R, Surround L+R, Center and Subwoofer). In addition to the 6 audio input jacks, there are composite, component and S-Video jacks.
Speaker Terminals: The front and center speakers have binding post connectors, while the surround and surround back speakers use clip connectors. The binding posts are not 5-way because a plastic collar prevents their use with spade lugs and they are positioned too far apart to be used with dual banana plugs.
A/V Compu Link-III: The receiver has two A/V Compu Link-III minijacks, allowing you to connect and control compatible JVC components.
USB Wireless Antenna: This jack allows you to connect the supplied USB antenna so you can wirelessly transfer audio from your computer to the receiver.