About the JVC RX-DP10V A/V receiver
Boasting a whopping 120 full-bandwidth-rated watts x 7 channels of high-quality amplification and dual-room/dual-source capability, the RX-DP10V offers incredible thrills and true versatility for home theater and music buffs alike! Its on-board THX Surround EX processing will immerse you in stunning 360º cinema sound, delivered via a standard 5.1-speaker set-up plus two back surround speakers. THX Ultra certification guarantees that this receiver can accurately reproduce cinema-quality surround sound in a wide range of room sizes.
If you don't have a seven-speaker system yet, this receiver offers Dolby Digital and DTS processing for plenty of 5.1-channel thrills until you're ready to upgrade. And once you've added back surround speakers, they don't need to languish while you're listening to stereo music or 5.1-channel soundtracks the RX-DP10V's Digital Acoustics Processor can transform these sources into exciting 7.1 soundfields!
A 7.1-channel, 192kHz/24-bit D/A converter ensures smooth, accurate output for every digital source. And JVC's CC (Compression Compensative) Converter lets you add an even higher level of realism to digital music and movie soundtracks with advanced upsampling up to 192kHz/24-bit for 7.1 channels. We're talking serious processing power!
Dual-room/dual-source capability lets you experience full 7.1 sound in your main listening room while a housemate enjoys stereo sound and even video (delivered via composite output) in a second room. This set-up requires an amplifier for the second room or you can simply enjoy stereo sound in both rooms, with no additional amp necessary. System control from either room is easy, thanks to the RF/IR multibrand LCD remote with learning capability.
The RX-DP10V is built from the ground up with a "Zero interference" concept, to ensure pristine reproduction of demanding audio formats like DVD-Audio and Super Audio CD. Separate transformers for digital and analog circuits, internal block construction with shielding and sub-bracketing, dual heat sinks it all adds up to better channel separation, minimized noise, improved stability, and music and movie sound with extraordinary detail and impact.
- 120 watts x 7 (20-20,000 Hz) into 8 ohms at 0.02% THD
- compatible with 4-ohm speaker systems 120 watts x 7 (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.07% THD
- THX Ultra
- THX Surround EX, Dolby Digital, DTS and Pro Logic decoding
- 7.1-channel digital upsampling via CC Converter
- 7.1-channel, 192kHz/24-bit D/A converters
- dual-room/dual-source capability
- backlit, RF/IR, learning/multibrand-for-video 1-way LCD remote
- digital inputs: 4 optical, 1 coaxial
- digital output: 1 optical
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out (35MHz bandwidth)
- 5 A/V inputs (including 5 S-video, 1 front-panel, and one 5.1-channel)
- 4 audio inputs
- 7.1-channel preamp output
- on-screen display (requires TV with direct video input)
- 30 FM/15 AM presets
- 17-9/16"W x 7"H x 20-1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/Dolby Digital/DTS receiver; RM-SRXDP10J wireless remote; 2 "AA" batteries; AM loop antenna; FM wire antenna; RF rod antenna with F-type connector; IR signal transmitter with attached 68" cable; Double-sided self-adhesive tape (for mounting IR signal transmitter); Front terminal cover; Instructions booklet; Instructions Errata sheet; Product Safety Instructions; Product Safety Registration Card/Questionnaire
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC RX-DP10V A/V receiver
Features & specs
THX Ultra Certification: This unit has been built and tested to conform to the high standards of sound and build quality set by the THX Ultra Certification program. This receiver is equipped with a "THX Cinema" mode that may be used to processes movie soundtracks so they are heard as the movie directors intended them to be heard. All THX Select Certified receivers include Re-Equalization, Timbre Matching, Adaptive Decorrelation, Bass Management, Bass Peak Level Manager, and Loudspeaker Position Time Synchronization (delay).
THX Surround EX 7.1 Decoding (DTS-ES compatible): THX Surround EX soundtracks have an additional surround channel signal matrix encoded into the standard surround channel signals of a Dolby Digital soundtrack. When a THX Surround EX soundtrack is decoded and played through a 7.1 channel system, you will hear more detailed imaging behind you; this feature brings more depth, spacious ambience and sound localization to the home theater experience than ever before. Although THX Surround EX decoding produces the best results with soundtracks that have been recorded with THX Surround EX processing, the THX Surround EX 7.1 Decoding feature can be used, with varying results, with all 5.1 channel Dolby Digital, DTS or MPEG soundtracks. THX Surround EX 7.1 playback requires a total of 4 surround speakers; one pair of surround speakers should be placed to the sides of the listening position, and the other pair of surround speakers are supposed to be placed behind the listening position. The receiver is equipped with amplification for all 4 surround speakers. The receiver is also compatible with DTS-Extended Surround (DTS-ES), another multi-channel surround format containing additional left and right surround back channels.
Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic and DTS Decoding: This receiver has a built-in decoder for Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic and DTS playback.
CC Converter: This receiver uses a CC (Compensative Compression) Converter to eliminate jitter and ripples, achieving a drastic reduction in digital distortion by processing the digital music data in 24-bit quantization and by expanding the sampling frequency to 176.4kHz (for 44.1kHz signals) or 192kHz (for 48kHz signals). By using the CC Converter, you can obtain a natural soundfield from any source.
5.1-Channel Input: This receiver is equipped with a 5.1-channel input for compatibility with future 5.1-channel decoders.
Component Video Switching: In addition to composite and S-Video switching, this unit can switch between two component video sources. There are 2 component video inputs and 1 component video monitor output; each input and output has jacks labeled "Y", "Pb/Cb" and "Pr/Cr". This feature allows you to connect, and switch between, high resolution video sources equipped with component video outputs.
Motorized Front Door: This unit has a 3-position motorized front door. By pressing the DOOR DOWN button on the front panel, the motorized door lowers slightly to display the Source Selector. By pressing DOOR DOWN again, the panel lowers further to display 18 more buttons for selecting Speakers, Input modes, Surround modes, Line Direct, FM Mode, and to move up, down, left and right within the menu. Note: When the door is in the lowest position, it protrudes an additional 1.5 inches from the front panel.
On-Screen Display: On-screen display simplifies control by allowing you to choose options from your television screen to operate your receiver.
- THX Surround EX
- THX Cinema
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Pro Logic
- Large Hall 1 (DAP* mode): reproduces the spatial feeling of a large shoebox-shaped hall
- Large Hall 2 (DAP mode): reproduces the spatial feeling of a large vineyard-shaped hall
- Recital Hall (DAP mode): reproduces the spatial feeling of a small hall
- Opera House (DAP mode): reproduces the spatial feeling of an opera house with a high ceiling and multi-level seating layout
- Church (DAP mode): reproduces the spatial feeling of a majestic church with a high ceiling
- Live Club (DAP mode): reproduces the feeling of a live music club with a low ceiling
- Dance Club (DAP mode): emphasizes the feeling of a rocking dance club
- Pavilion (DAP mode): reproduces the spacious feeling of a exhibition hall with a high ceiling
- Large Theater (DAP mode): reproduces the sound field of a large theater
- Small Theater (DAP mode): reproduces the sound field of a small theater
- All Channel Stereo: reproduces a large stereo sound field using all the connected and activated speakers
- Stereo Film: reproduces a more acoustic sound field when viewing stereo video software
- Mono Film: reproduces a more acoustic sound field when viewing monaural video software
- 3D Theater: creates a surround effect when only the front speakers are used
- Headphone DSP: reproduces the sound field of a music room when using headphones
- (*DAP: Digital Acoustic Processor)
- Subwoofer: you can select YES or NO
- Front Speakers: you can select LARGE or SMALL (if the subwoofer is set to NO, you can only select LARGE front speakers)
- Center Speaker: you can select LARGE, SMALL, or NONE (if the front speakers are set to SMALL, you cannot select LARGE for the center speaker)
- Rear Speakers: you can select LARGE, SMALL, or NONE (if the front speakers are set to SMALL, you cannot select LARGE for the rear speakers)
- Speaker Distance: you can select (in meters or feet) the distance from the listening point to each speaker. Settings are for Subwoofer, Front L and R, Center, Surround L and R, and Surround Back L and R.
- Crossover: you can select the low pass crossover cutoff frequency of 80Hz, 100Hz, or 120Hz
- LFE Attenuator: when the bass is distorted, you can adjust the level of the subwoofer from -20dB to +10dB in 1dB increments
- Phase: you can select NORMAL or REVERSE
- Bass Peak Limiter: to limit the peak output of the subwoofer, you can select ON or OFF
- Test Tone: when Bass Peak Limiter is ON, you can output a bass test tone. You can select ON or OFF.
- Bass Peak Level: when Bass Peak Limiter is ON, you can adjust the bass peak from -12dB to +18dB in 1db increments.
Midnight Mode: Using the Midnight mode, you can enjoy powerful sound at low volume levels. Midnight mode can be set to Midnight 1, Midnight 2, or Normal. The Midnight 1 setting compresses the dynamic range very little, whereas the Midnight 2 setting offers full dynamic range compression. Note: Midnight mode is only available when specially encoded Dolby Digital signals are played.
Line Direct Function: The Line Direct function bypasses all digital processing, allowing you to enjoy the sound in its original form. Only the volume level and bass boost are adjustable when the Line Direct function is turned on.
Dual-Room/Dual-Source A/V Operation: A stereo (L/R) set of RCA audio outputs, as well as S-Video and RCA composite video outputs are provided for dual-room operation. These outputs allow you to watch/listen to another source (audio or video) in a second room. These can be connected directly to a TV for audio and video, or the audio outputs can be connected to another amplifier or receiver to power speakers in the sub room. If preferred, the Front 2/Sub Room speaker outputs on this receiver can be used to power speakers in the sub room. When the sub room pre-outs are used (instead of the "Front 2" speaker outputs), you may listen to one source in surround sound (in your main A/V room) and have a second source fed to another room. When the tuner is selected for the source in both rooms, the same band and station must be listened to in the main and sub rooms. You cannot select "TV Sound", "DVD Multi" or a digital input as the source for the sub room; when a source with digital and analog input is selected, only the analog input is used for sub room output.
Note: The "Front 2" speaker outputs may be used as a second set of front speaker outputs in the main room, or you may program the receiver to use the outputs to power a pair of speakers in the sub room. When both sets of speaker outputs are turned on, it is not possible to listen to surround sound or DVD Multi playback in the main room. Whenever the "Front 2" speakers are active (either as main room or sub room speakers), the surround mode is automatically cancelled.
Parametric EQ: The parametric EQ allows you to select and adjust Bass, Midrange, and Treble center frequencies and levels for the Front, Center, Surround, and Surround Back channels independently. Each frequency can be adjusted within the range of +6dB to -6dB. The frequencies to select from include:
- Bass: 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz (initial setting), 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, 250Hz, 320Hz, 400Hz, 500Hz, 630Hz, 800Hz, and 1.0kHz.
- Midrange: 250Hz, 320Hz, 400Hz, 500Hz, 630Hz, 800Hz, 1.0kHz (initial), 1.25kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.0kHz, 3.2kHz, and 4.0kHz.
- Treble: 1.0kHz, 1.25kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.0kHz, 2.5kHz, 3.2kHz, 4.0kHz, 5.0kHz, 6.3kHz, 8.0kHz, 10.0kHz (initial), 12.5kHz, and 16.0kHz.
Auto Memory: This feature assigns and stores different sound settings for each source. You can store the analog/digital input mode, bass boost, Digital EQ, DVD MULTI playback mode, front speaker output balance, input attenuator mode, Line Direct, Midnight mode, subwoofer, and surround/DSP mode settings.
One Touch Operation: This feature allows you to assign and store a different volume level setting for each source.
Center Tone Adjustment: Adjusts the center channel's mid-frequency range for optimum voice matching across your front soundstage.
Compu Link: This unit has AV Compu Link-III, Compu Link-4 Synchro, and Text Compu Link remote control systems. When used with a compatible CD or MD player, you can display CD text information and MiniDisc information on your TV screen, and you can search for discs in a CD player by name.
Digital Input Registration: When you use any of the digital inputs, you must register which source is connected to which digital input. This only needs to be done one time, and afterwards, the unit will automatically be able to select the proper source in both digital and analog mode.
Display Dimmer: The display brightness may be set to one of two brightness levels.
Sleep Timer: This unit is equipped with a sleep timer that will automatically turn the unit off. The sleep timer can be adjusted from 10 to 90 minutes in 10 minute increments.
IR/RF Remote: The remote controls JVC audio/video components (CD players, CD recorders, Turntables, Cassette decks, MD recorders, VCRs, DVD players, and TVs) and it is pre-coded to control most popular brands of TVs, DBS receivers, cable boxes, VCRs, and DVD players. Also, this remote can learn the infrared commands from remotes of other devices. The remote transmits infrared and radio frequency commands, allowing you to operate the receiver from up to 50 feet away. For radio frequency operation, the remote transmits an RF signal to the RF rod antenna attached to the back of the receiver. In addition, the supplied IR signal transmitter can transmit IR signals that can control other components. A non-illuminated LCD screen at the top of the remote displays the current source.
- Phones: standard gold-plated headphone jack
- Video Input: gold-plated stereo RCA audio, gold-plated composite video, and gold-plated S-video
- Digital 1 (DVD) Input: standard coax digital input
- Digital 2 (CD) Input: standard Toslink input with cover
- Digital 3 (TV) Input: standard Toslink input with cover
- Digital 4 (CD-R) Input: standard Toslink input with cover
- Digital 5 (MD) Input: standard Toslink input with cover
- Digital Output (PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS): standard Toslink output with cover
- Phono Input: gold-plated RCA stereo audio with ground screw
- CD Input: gold-plated RCA stereo audio
- Tape/MD Input/Output: gold-plated RCA stereo audio
- CD-R Input/Output: gold-plated RCA stereo audio
- DVD 5.1 Channel Input: gold-plated RCA inputs for front right, front left, center, subwoofer, rear right, and rear left
- TV Sound/DBS Input: gold-plated stereo RCA audio, composite video and S-video
- VCR 1 Input/Output: gold-plated stereo RCA audio, composite video and S-video
- VCR 2 Input/Output: gold-plated stereo RCA audio, composite video and S-video
- Preamp Outputs: gold-plated RCA outputs for front left and right, subwoofer, center, surround left and right, and surround back left and right
- DVD Input: gold-plated RCA composite video and S-video inputs
- Monitor Out: gold-plated RCA composite video, and S-video outputs to connect to a TV/monitor
- Sub Room Monitor and Pre Outs: gold-plated RCA composite video and S-video outputs plus stereo RCA left and right preamp outputs for use with an amplifier or powered speakers in a second room
- Component Video Input 1 (DVD): gold-plated component video inputs (labeled Y, Pb/Cb, Pr/Cr)
- Component Video Input 2: gold-plated component video inputs (labeled Y, Pb/Cb, Pr/Cr)
- Component Video Monitor Output: gold-plated component video outputs (labeled Y, Pb/Cb, Pr/Cr)
- AM Input: spring clips
- FM Input: slip-on F-Type 75-ohm connector
- Compu Link-4 (Synchro): 2 female mini-jacks for use with compatible JVC components
- AV Compu Link-III: 2 female mini-jacks for use with compatible JVC components
- Text Compu Link: 2 female mini-jacks for use with compatible JVC components
- IR Out: female mini-jack output for IR signal transmitter (supplied)
- RF Remote Input: threaded F-type connector for RF rod antenna (supplied) and Band 1/Band 2 selector
- Impedance Selector Switch
- Speaker Outputs: binding post outputs for Front 1 right, Front 1 left, Front 2/Sub Room right, Front 2/Sub Room left, Center, Surround right, Surround left, and Surround Back right and Surround Back left speakers (posts are not 5-way binding posts, because each post has a plastic collar that prevents use with spade lugs and the posts are too far apart to use dual banana plugs)