About the Maximus by Jiawei Smart Security Light
Security light, surveillance camera, and intercom all in one
Use your Maximus Smart Security Light with the free Kuna app so you can see, hear, and talk to unexpected visitors.
Security light, surveillance camera, and intercom all in one
A Maximus security light does something surprising: it adds several layers of comforting safety with a single installation. It's a bright outdoor security light with a built-in security camera that connects to your home Wi-Fi network. That way, when the light and camera are triggered by unexpected motion, an instant alert can be sent to your smartphone or tablet via the free Kuna app. You can access a live view while you're away, so you know exactly who or what is at your door. If it's someone you need to talk to — a friend, delivery person, etc. — use the included intercom to have a conversation, even while you're at work or on vacation.
Data storage options
The Kuna app automatically keeps footage for two hours, so you can review recent activity when you need to. If you want more options, three subscription plans are available, offering additional control and data storage options:
- Essential Security covers one device so it is ideal for smaller homes with a single entrance. It saves footage for 7 days.
- The Peace of Mind package saves footage for 14 days and covers up to 4 Maximus devices.
- The Absolute Control package lets you review, rewind, and download footage for 30 days and can manage up to 8 Maximus devices.
- bright 450-lumen security light
- can be motion-activated, set for dusk to dawn, or controlled via mobile app
- built-in 720p full-color HD surveillance camera
- 116° field of view
- cast aluminum structure in oil-rubbed bronze with frosted glass
- compatible with Amazon Echo (Alexa)
- sync with matching companion lights (sold separately)
- download the free Kuna app to access advanced features:
- get real-time alerts on your smartphone or tablet when the camera is triggered
- initiate two-way talk with people who show up at the door
- review footage up to 2 hours after recorded event
- set a schedule to automate the light throughout the day
- light can be turned off and on directly via manual override
- trigger 100+ dB siren alarm
- remotely view live video from the camera
- 3 free video downloads per month
- the Kuna app offers paid subscription packages for managing capture settings and data storage
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 6-1/2"W x 13"H x 9"D
- weight: 2.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SPL08-07A1W4-ORB-K1
What's in the box:
- Smart Security Light fixture (Oil Rubbed Bronze)
- 450 Lumens LED lightbulb
- Universal mounting bracket
- 3 Wire nuts
- 2 Long fixture screws
- 4 Junction-box short screws
- 2 Hex-nuts
- 2 Decorative fixture nuts
- Fixture holding hook
- Fixture screws length indicator
- Instruction Manual
- Kuna App brochure
More details on the Maximus by Jiawei Smart Security Light
Smart Security Light: The Maximus Smart Security Light is a smart home security solution built into an outdoor lighting fixture which communicates to your smartphone over your home's Wi-Fi network. This Oil Rubbed Bronze light combines an HD outdoor home security camera and light sconce fixture that you control from your smartphone over Wi-Fi. The camera detects movement at your door and sends a real-time alert to your smartphone, allowing you to see and interact with visitors no matter where you are through a two-way intercom. The Maximus Smart Security Light is also compatible with Amazon Echo, allowing you to control the lights via voice control.
Note: The available Traditional-style Maximus Companion Light (sold separately) is designed to sync via Bluetooth with the Smart Security Light and mimic its light schedule, but it doesn't have a camera or intercom.
Light Sconce Fixture: The Smart Security Light from Maximus features a cast aluminum light sconce with a frosted glass cover. It's weatherproof and rated IP44 for snow, rain, and humidity. It has been tested in -40°F and 131°F temperatures.
450 Lumens LED Bulb: The Maximus Smart Security Light comes with a 450 lumens LED bulb (6W/40W equivalent). It's compatible with LED, CFL, and incandescent bulbs up to 100W. You can set when the light turns on and off with a light schedule and/or motion detection.
Security Camera: The Smart Security Light is equipped with a full-color 720p camera with a 116° (diagonal) field of view. You can manually adjust the angle of the camera, up to 40° left-to-right or 40° up-and-down. A live video image of the security camera is displayed on your Apple iOS or Android device through the free Kuna App. Captured footage is available for up to 2 hours (stored in Kuna's secure cloud server through the Kuna App).
Note: The Smart Security Light uses the included LED bulb to provide full-color HD video at night. If you aren't planning to leave your light on all night, make sure the unit's Motion Detection feature is set to On.
Motion Detection: The Maximus Smart Security Light is designed to pick up motion within 10' of where it is installed. When a person is within that range, you should have no problem seeing them clearly; even if the Smart Security Light is looking out a dark background. If you have the Motion Detection sensor set to On, you can also customize the length of time (30 seconds to 60 minutes) that the light bulb stays on after it has picked up motion.
Two-Way Intercom: The Maximus Smart Security Light features a built-in microphone and speaker that provides a two-way intercom system when used with the microphone and speaker in your Apple iOS or Android device that has the free Kuna App installed. Now you can carry on a conversation with the person outside your front door; regardless if you are home, at the office, or on vacation.
Siren: The Smart Security Light features a built-in 100+ decibel siren which you can be activated from the Kuna App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. The siren can be used to scare off intruders.
Wireless Wi-Fi Communication: The Maximus Smart Security Light features built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g; 2.4GHz) and supports WEP, WPA, and WPA2 security setup. The Smart Security Light communicates with your Apple iOS or Android device via Wi-Fi through the free Kuna app (see below). Your home's network upload/download speed should be 2 Mpbs or better.
Kuna App: The free Kuna app for Apple iOS 7.0+ and Android OS 4.3+ gives you complete control of the Maximus Smart Security Light right from your smartphone or tablet device. With the Kuna app, receive alerts, sound an alarm, view live video, and speak directly to those at your door. Captured footage is available for up to 2 hours so you'll never miss a moment, even if you can't get to your phone right away. You get up to three free downloads per month. Additionally, the Kuna app allows full light control - set a schedule, automatic dusk-to-dawn, or turn the fixture on/off manually.
- Light Schedule: You can set when the Smart Security Light turns on and off with a light schedule. For example, if you want the light to turn on automatically in the evening, but off at night to save energy, you can choose Dusk for when the light turns on and 10pm for when the light turns off. For the Dusk Offset, you can set the light to turn on up to one hour before dusk, one hour after dusk, or anywhere in between. The Dawn Offset allows for the same flexibility, but for the light turning off at dawn
- Alerts & Alarms: You'll receive alerts & alarms on your smartphone or tablet when activity is detected by the Smart Security Light. You can also activate the security light's built-in siren.
- Live/Recorded/Downloaded Video: The Smart Security Light lets you stream live HD video, right to your smartphone through the Kuna App. The app will automatically record and securely store every event detected for you, free of charge, for 2 hours. Every event older than 2 hours will automatically be deleted. Captured footage (available for up to 2 hours) can be downloaded to your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. You get up to three free downloads per month.
- You can connect multiple users and mobile devices to the Maximus Smart Security Light using the Kuna app.
- You can add multiple cameras to the Kuna app and your recordings will show footage from each of these cameras.
Hardwired Continuous Power: The Maximus Smart Security Light installs the same way as most traditional light sconce fixtures and hardwires to your home's 120V electrical system (it is not battery powered). It features three wires (Black = Power, White = Return, Copper = Ground) and comes with three wire nuts.
- The Smart Security Light uses the power from your wall continuously, so you will have to leave the light switch on. However, you will still be able to turn the light on/off at any time with the Kuna app or set a light schedule.
- If your power or Wi-Fi goes out, Kuna's cloud server will detect that your Smart Security Light is no longer connected and sends you an alert on your phone. All of your existing recordings and settings will be saved. Once your power or Wi-Fi is restored, the light will reconnect automatically and start working again.
Mounting Bracket: A universal mounting bracket and hardware are included.
Optional Subscription Plans: Given below are the three optional premium subscription plans available for the Kuna app.
- Essential Security: Allows you to go back in time to review, rewind, & download every event for 7 days with unlimited downloads. $4.99/month (billed annually) or $7.49/month (billed monthly).
- Peace Of Mind: Allows you to go back in time to review, rewind, & download every event for 14 days with unlimited downloads. $9.99/month (billed annually) or $14.99/month (billed monthly).
- Absolute Control: Allows you to go back in time to review, rewind, & download every event for 30 days with unlimited downloads. $19.99/month (billed annually) or $29.99/month (billed monthly).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?