About the Aquatic AV AQ-BC-6UBT-G
Add some music while you relax
Add some music while you relax
Pack a lot of power and versatility into a small package with Aquatic AV's AQ-BC-6UBT-G Bluecube spa stereo. Designed to be stealthy and waterproof, this stereo still puts out lots of power for your speakers, even 2-ohm models. Built-in Bluetooth lets you play your favorite music directly from smartphones and other mobile devices. A backlit RF wireless remote gives you access to additional stereo features, such as digital music on a USB drive and FM radio. Whether you're hanging out by the pool or chillin' in the hot tub, it'll keep everybody entertained.
Two ways to control the show
This stereo's built-in Bluetooth enables you to pair two phones, so you can stream your favorite music. You can keep your phone dry by using this stereo's 2-way wireless remote control. This waterproof remote lets you choose from this stereo's FM tuner, USB port, and aux input, as well as try out some EQ settings and tone controls to shape up your music. Using the remote, you can activate the stereo's 12-volt triggers to turn on accessories such as lighting. The remote includes a backlit display so you can see your system info, and it even floats — so no worries about dropping it in the water.
Added good stuff
The AQ-BC-6UBT-G has plenty of power for four speakers, but can push up to eight if you really want to treat yourself. The two sets of RCA outputs lets you add an amp or powered subwoofer for more oomph to round out your sound.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- waterproof hideaway digital media player
- includes wiring harness and Bluetooth antenna
- includes floating RF remote control with backlit display for controls over sources, tone controls, and 12-volt triggers
- built-in amplifier (24 watts RMS/45 peak × 4 channels at 4 ohms)
- built-in Bluetooth for music streaming and controlling the stereo
- Halo Aerial Bluetooth technology provides better overall range for wireless streaming
- waterproof conformal-coated circuit boards
- IP65 waterproof rating
- built-in FM tuner with 3 presets
- inputs: auxiliary input (RCA), USB port
- outputs: 4-channel 4-volt preamp outputs, two 12-volt triggers for add-on accessories (like optional lighting)
Other Features and Specs:
- adjustable output level for smaller spa speakers
- dimensions: 8" L x 5-1/2" W x 2-1/3" H (Bluecube hideaway module)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AQ-BC-6UBT-G
What's in the box:
- Amplifier/media player (attached 6" wiring bundle w/inline 15A fuse and 31" USB type-A cable)
- Wireless hand-held remote control
- 39" Charging cable for remote control (proprietary connector on one end / USB Type-A on other end)
- 12-Pin power/ground/speaker harness
- Halo Aerial Technology Bluetooth antenna w/attached 37" cable
- Four 1" Phillips-head screws
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Aquatic AV AQ-BC-6UBT-G
Overview: The Aquatic AV Bluecube6+ hide-away media player allows you to power speakers for your spa, hot tub, or pool area with it's built-in 288 watt amplifier. It allows you to stream music from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone or tablet and also includes a pair of RCA wired inputs, for connecting a portable music device from its headphone or audio output jack. A USB input lets you play music from a thumbdrive or can be used for charging your smartphone. The Bluecube6+ features a built-in FM radio tuner. The included wireless remote control gives you additional features as well as control of your Bluetooth audio streaming.
Bluetooth: The Aquatic AV Bluecube lets you stream audio from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone or tablet. Up to 2 devices can be paired to the Bluecube with one playing at a time. While streaming from one device, simply start playing the other paired device and after 10 seconds the Bluecube will switch to the second device. Devices can be switched back and forth as many times as desired. When using the included remote, basic playback controls, such as Play/Pause, Forward/Rewind, are available in lieu of controlling your Bluetooth device directly.
Wireless Remote: The Bluecube6+ hide-away media player includes an AQ-RF-6UBT-T wireless RF remote control that not only lets you control your Bluetooth playback, but also gives you access to additional features such as; Bass/Treble and Balance/Fade controls; built-in DSP (Digital Signal Processing) with 3 preset equalizer settings Rock, Classic, and Pop; VBass (Virtual Bass), which can create a "larger" bass sound from small speakers; 3 Radio Preset buttons that let you store your favorite radio stations; control of the 2 external 12 VDC Trigger outputs, for triggering external amplifiers or other devices; and selecting the analog Auxiliary audio input or the USB input for audio playback.
USB: A rear-panel USB port (type-A, 2.0) is provided for playing MP3 or WMA files from a USB thumbdrive. The USB port can also be used for charging a smartphone or device (no audio playback) or for charging the included RF remote control.
FM Radio: A built-in FM tuner lets you seek/scan channels, and includes 3 Preset buttons for saving your favorite stations.
Halo Aerial Technology: A Halo Aerial Technology Bluetooth antenna is provided for increased wireless signal strength and range over standard Bluetooth signals. This 3" x 2" module with a 37" cord plugs into the antenna jack on the media player and gets mounted up high with the arrow indicator facing the sky for best reception.
Connections: All wiring and connections for the Bluecube are contained in a 6" wire-bundle that extends from the top of the unit. A thick rubber sheath around the base of the wires adds protection against water ingress. The wiring includes the following:
- Female 12-Pin Watertight Harness: Plugs into the included 12-pin male harness for power, ground, remote out, and speaker wires.
- RCA Auxiliary Inputs: Allows playback from a portable media or home CD player (only selectable from the wireless remote control).
- (2) RCA Outputs: Two sets of RCAs (Front & Rear) are provided for outputting the sound to an additional outboard amplifier or powered speaker (both sold separately).
- (2) 8-Pin DIN Connectors: Used for connecting optional wired and wireless remote controls (both sold separately).
- (2) 12VDC Trigger Outputs: Allows triggering of external lighting or relays. Control is via the wireless remote control (3A max load).
- Power Attenuation Wires: Two looped wires (white & black) can be cut to increase or decrease the output level. Options are -6dB, -3dB (default), 0dB, and +6dB.
- Bridge Mode: The rear speaker channels can bridged to power a single 4Ω passive subwoofer. A magenta wire loop can be cut to put the Bluecube6+ rear speaker channels into bridge mode.
- Power LED: A red power LED indicates when unit is powered on.
- Media: Bluetooth Audio, MP3&WMA, FM
- Audio Input: Stereo RCA, USB
- Audio Output: (2) Stereo RCA (2V)
- Trigger Outputs: (2) 12VDC (3A)
- Amplifier Type: Class A/B
- Maximum Output Wattage @ 2Ω: 4 x 72W
- Maximum Output Wattage @ 4Ω: 4 x 45W
- Operational Voltage: 9.6V - 14.4V DC
- Maximum Current Draw: 7A
- Standby Current Draw: 6mA
- Waterproof and Dustproof Rating: IP65
- UV Protection: 500 Hours stable, ASTM D4329 compliant
- Salt and Fog Protection: 500 Hours stable, ASTM B117 compliant
- Certifications: CE, RoHS, WEE, FCC
- Dimensions: Width - 8.0", Height - 3.0" (including wiring), Depth - 6.50"
1 question already asked