Aquatic AV AQ-DM-6BT-G
Spa locker and digital media receiver
Our take on the Aquatic AV AQ-DM-6BT-G by Crutchfield's Dave Delamere
Create the ultimate spa experience
It's clear to me that Aquatic AV thought a lot about how their AQ-DM-6BT-G digital media locker would be used. They called it a locker because you can actually mount your smartphone or portable music player inside a sealable waterproof housing — great for saunas, spas, hot tubs, and pools. Once you close the locker door, the easy-to-use front panel controls let you pick music from your connected device or streaming sources using Bluetooth®. And this stereo system uses its beefy 4-channel amplifier to dish out power to up to eight speakers as you soak your troubles away.
Ready for any environment
The AQ-DM-6BT-G sports an IP65 waterproof rating, which means that it can easily take on the areas around your pool or spa. In addition to the locker's front panel controls, you can also run the show using Aquatic AV's optional AQ-RF-6UBT backlit 2-way remote control. This waterproof remote boasts a 40-foot range and provides you access to more sound-shaping options and 12-volt triggers for accessories like lighting. When the remote's battery runs low, simply recharge it using its own dock inside this locker where it also stays protected.
Your entertainment options
Use this system's built-in Bluetooth to stream music from your smartphone or other Bluetooth-enabled device. Aquatic AV uses Halo Aerial Technology to increase the range of the Bluetooth in all directions. If you want to enjoy your own music collection, you can also plug a music player into the aux input. It's also protected inside the locker, so you don't have to worry about any damage while you splash around. And if you're planning to add an amp or powered subwoofer for more musical goodness, you'll appreciate the rear-mounted 2-channel preamp outputs.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- digital media receiver in waterproof locker
- includes watertight wiring harness and Bluetooth antenna
- built-in amplifier (24 watts RMS/45 peak × 4 channels at 4 ohms)
- built-in Bluetooth for music streaming
- storage compartment for phone or other device
- waterproof front-panel controls
- waterproof, conformal-coated circuit boards
- IP65 water rating
- compatible with optional floating 2-way remote control with 40' range (not included)
- inputs: minijack aux input, charging dock for optional wireless remote behind waterproof door
- outputs: 2-channel 2-volt preamp outputs, two 12-volt triggers for add-on accessories (only operational with optional wireless remote)
Other Features and Specs:
- dimensions: 7"W x 9"H x 3-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Waterproof stereo locker w/attached 6" wiring bundle
- 9" Wire harness
- 5.5" Stereo cord (Male 3.5mm stereo jacks on both ends)
- Bluetooth Halo Aerial Technology antenna w/attached 38" cord
- Six 1" Phillips-head screws
- Instruction manual
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Overview: The Aquatic AV AQ-DM-6BT waterproof digital media locker is a safe and convenient way to provide music for your pool or spa area, with audio streamed from your smartphone or digital media player. The digital media locker can hold most smartphones and digital audio players, allowing audio to be streamed via Bluetooth or input through the 3.5mm stereo Aux jack. Convenient front lid controls let you operate the device while its safely enclosed in the waterproof locker, or it can be controlled using the optional AQ-RF-6UBT wireless remote control (sold separately).
Device Playback: Incorporating Aquatic AV's unique Halo Aerial Technology, the AQ-DM-6BT features improved Bluetooth streaming with a stronger signal and longer range in all directions. The waterproof medial locker can pair with both iPhone and Android devices and includes audio controls on the front lid for easy control of the device while it's safely enclosed in the waterproof locker. A hook-and-loop security strap inside the media locker keeps the device secure in an upright position. If using a device that doesn't support Bluetooth Audio streaming, the AQ-DM-6BT includes a 3.5mm Auxiliary jack on the inside of the enclosure that allows you to use the headphone output of the device (a 5.5" stereo mini cord is provided). Along with the Aux input jack, the inside of the locker also includes a Power button and 2 LED indicators showing which source is selected; Bluetooth or Aux. A rear-panel pair of stereo RCA Aux inputs is also provided for the Aux Input source. Front lid controls include the following: Power, Play/Pause, Volume +/-, FFWD/Next track, Rewind/Previous track, Mode, External Trigger 1 and 2, along with Pop, Classic, and Rock Equalizer settings.
Amplifier: The AQ-DM-6BT features an onboard Class A/B, 288 watt amplifier capable of powering up to 8 speakers or a combination of speakers and subwoofers. The 2Ω stable amp can provide 4 x 45 watts (4Ω) or 4 x 75 (2Ω).
Wiring: The rear panel of the medial locker includes the following connections:
- 12-Pin Wiring Harness: This built-in harness, along with its matching connector, provides +12VDC input for both Battery (w/inline 15A fuse) and ACC, along with Ground and an Amp Remote output. This harness also contains the 4 pairs of speaker output wires.
- RCA Auxiliary Input: A set of RCA connectors is provided as a more permanent method of running audio into the media locker, such as from a CD player or an AM/FM or SAT tuner.
- RCA Audio Output: A second set of RCA connectors can be used to run audio out to an additional amplifier or a powered subwoofer.
- Wired Remote In: An 8-pin DIN connector is provided for connecting an optional wired remote control or wireless remote control receiver (both sold separately).
- EXT 1/EXT 2: Two pairs of 12VDC trigger wires for activating outboard equipment.
- Power Attenuation Loops: Two wire loops can be used to change the overall output level, with the factory default of both loops intact giving an output of -3 dB below nominal power. Various combinations of the loops cut or intact can provide the following output levels: -3 dB, -6 dB, +3 dB, and +6 dB.
- Backlight: This wire, when connected to a +12VDC power supply, will light the 8 blue LEDs that line the inside of the media locker, providing backlighting for your device.
- Bluetooth Antenna: A threaded brass connector is provided for the Bluetooth Halo Aerial Technology antenna w/attached 38" cord. The antenna module should be mounted as high up as possible with either screws or double-sided adhesive.
Mounting: The AQ-DM-6BT is designed to be mounted to a wall or panel and requires a cutout that's 7-3/4" x 4-3/4" with a minimum depth of 3-3/4" to accommodate the rear wiring. The outer flange of the media locker includes a rubber gasket for maintaining a watertight seal and eight Phillip's-head screws are provided for mounting. The AQ-DM-6BT carries an IP65 waterproof rating.
Optional Features: Additional functions for the media locker can be accessed with the optional AQ-RF-6UBT wireless remote control (sold separately):
- DSP: Pressing the Audio button on the remote control allows selection and adjustment of the following parameters: Balance, Fader, Bass, Treble, and the three equalizer presets; Rock, Classic, and Pop.
- Virtual Bass/External Triggers via Remote: The optional AQ-RF-6UBT remote allows you to remotely activate the Virtual Bass feature or the External Triggers without having to access the front lid controls on the media locker.
- Inputs: Bluetooth, Aux (front 3.5mm), Aux (rear stereo RCA)
- Outputs: Stereo RCA
- Device Control: Door controls or with optional RF remote control
- Output Power:
- 4Ω: 4 x 45W
- 2Ω: 4 x 75W
- Operational Voltage: 9.6VDC - 14.4VDC
- Current Draw: 6ma (standby), 7A (max)
- Waterproof: IP65
- Certification: CE, RoHS, WEE, FCC
- UV Protection: ASTM D4329 compliant, 500hrs stable
- Salt/Fog Protection: ASTM B117 compliant, 500hrs stable
- Optional Remote Control: AQ-RF-6UBT
- Overall Dimensions: Width - 7.0", Height - 9.0", Depth - 4.30"
- Cutout Dimensions: Width - 4.750", Height - 7.750", Depth - 3.750"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Add more sources and wireless control to your spa stereo
The Aquatic AV AQ-DM-6UBT-G offers these features:
includes floating 2-way remote with backlit display
plays USB drives loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
FM receiver with 3 presets (U.S. and European tuning)