About the Aquatic AV AQ-DM-6UBT-G
Create the ultimate spa experience
Create the ultimate spa experience
It's clear to me that Aquatic AV thought a lot about how their AQ-DM-6UBT-G digital media locker would be used. They called it a locker because you can actually mount your smartphone or portable music player inside a sealable waterproof housing — great for saunas, spas, hot tubs, and pools. Once you close the locker door, the easy-to-use front panel controls let you pick music from your connected device, streaming sources using Bluetooth®, or FM radio stations in your area. And this stereo system uses its beefy 4-channel amplifier to dish out power to up to eight speakers as you soak your troubles away.
Ready for any environment
The AQ-DM-6UBT-G sports an IP65 waterproof rating, which means that it can easily take on the areas around your pool or spa. In addition to the locker's front panel controls, you can also run the show using the backlit 2-way remote control. This remote boasts a 40-foot range and an LCD display, so you can move around as you pick your tunes. Don't worry about dropping it in the water, since this IP66-rated remote even floats. When its battery runs low, simply recharge it using its own dock inside the locker where it also stays protected.
Your entertainment options
Use this system's built-in Bluetooth to stream music from your smartphone or other Bluetooth-enabled device. Aquatic AV uses Halo Aerial Technology to increase the range of the Bluetooth in all directions. If you want to enjoy your own music collection, you can also plug a music player into the aux input or pop a thumb drive into the USB port. They're also both protected inside the locker, so you don't have to worry about any damage while you splash around. You can also tune into local radio using the FM tuner. And if you're planning to add an amp for more musical goodness, you'll appreciate the rear-mounted 4-channel preamp outputs.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- digital media receiver in waterproof locker
- includes wiring harness, waterproof wireless remote, and Bluetooth antenna
- built-in amplifier (24 watts RMS/45 peak × 4 channels at 4-ohms)
- built-in Bluetooth for music streaming
- plays USB drives loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
- storage compartment for phone or other device
- waterproof, conformal-coated circuit boards
- IP65 water rating
- floating 2-way remote control with 40' range
- inputs: minijack aux input, RCA aux in, USB port (no iPhone control); charging dock for wireless remote behind waterproof door
- outputs: 4-channel 4-volt preamp outputs, two 12-volt triggers for add-on accessories (like optional lighting)
- FM receiver with 3 presets (U.S. and European tuning)
- 3 preset tone curves
Other Features and Specs:
- dimensions: 7"W x 9"H x 2-7/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AQ-DM-6UBT-G
What's in the box:
- AQ-DM-6UBT Digital Media Locker w/attached 6" wiring bundle
- AQ-RF-6UBT Wireless remote control
- 5.5" Stereo cord (Male 3.5mm stereo jacks on both ends)
- Bluetooth Halo Aerial Technology antenna w/attached 38" cord
- Six 1" Phillips-head screws
- Instruction manual
Aquatic AV AQ-DM-6UBT-G reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Aquatic AV AQ-DM-6UBT-G
Overview: The Aquatic AV AQ-DM-6UBTG kit contains both an AQ-DM-6BTG waterproof digital media locker and an AQ-RF-6UBT Bluetooth wireless remote control. The AQ-DM-6BTG is a safe and convenient way to provide music for your pool or spa area, with audio streamed from your smartphone or digital media player. The digital media locker can hold most smartphones and digital audio players, allowing audio to be streamed via Bluetooth or input through the front-panel 3.5mm stereo Aux jack, USB (Type-A, 2.0), or rear-panel RCA Aux input. Convenient front lid controls let you operate the device while its safely enclosed in the waterproof locker, or it can be controlled using the supplied AQ-RF-6UBT wireless remote control.
Device Playback: Incorporating Aquatic AV's unique Halo Aerial Technology, the AQ-DM-6BT features improved Bluetooth streaming with a stronger signal and longer range in all directions. The waterproof medial locker can pair with both iPhone and Android devices and includes audio controls on the front lid for easy control of the device while it's safely enclosed in the waterproof locker. A hook-and-loop security strap inside the media locker keeps the device secure in an upright position. If using a device that doesn't support Bluetooth Audio streaming, the AQ-DM-6BT includes both a USB and a 3.5mm Auxiliary jack on the inside of the enclosure. The 3.5mm Aux jack allows you to use the headphone output of the device (a 5.5" stereo mini cord is provided). Along with the Aux and USB input jacks, the inside of the locker also includes a Power button and 4 LED indicators showing which source is selected; Bluetooth, Aux, USB, or FM Radio. A rear-panel pair of stereo RCA Aux inputs is also provided for more permanent connections such as to a CD player or satellite radio. Front lid controls include the following: Power, Play/Pause, Volume +/-, FFWD/Next track, Rewind/Previous track, Mode, External Trigger 1 and 2, along with Pop, Classic, and Rock Equalizer settings.
Amplifier: The AQ-DM-6BT features an onboard Class A/B, 288 watt amplifier capable of powering up to 8 speakers or a combination of speakers and subwoofers. The 2Ω stable amp can provide 4 x 45 watts (4Ω) or 4 x 75 (2Ω).
AQ-RF-6UBT Wireless Remote: The included wireless remote control is waterproof, floats, and has a wireless range of up to 40 feet. It includes the following functions with most buttons able to change 2 features, depending on whether the button is pushed once or held in (Note: Some button functions will vary with radio model):
- Mode: This is used to change Sources on the audio unit and for Bluetooth pairing.
- Volume +/-: Single press changes volume by individual increments, pressing and holding changes volume rapidly.
- Track Forward/Back Buttons: Are also used for fast-forwarding and rewinding as well as AM/FM tuner scanning.
- Audio: Enters the DSP Audio menu with options for Balance, Fader, Bass, Treble, along with EQ presets Rock, Pop, and Classic.
- 1, 2, 3 Buttons: Activates Pop, Rock, and Classic EQ presets, change folders for USB mode, and can be used as Preset buttons for AM/FM.
- EXT Trigger: Activate either or both of the External Trigger wires on the audio device. Used for 12V trigger activation of other equipment.
- VBass: Toggles the Virtual Bass setting On/Off.
Wiring: The rear panel of the media locker includes the following connections:
- 12-Pin Wiring Harness: This built-in harness provides +12VDC input for both Battery (w/inline 15A fuse) and ACC, along with Ground, an Amp Remote output, along with the 4 pairs of speaker output wires. Note: The 261UNH2 matching 12-pin harness is NOT included and must be purchase separately, or plug must be cut off and wiring spliced directly.
- RCA Auxiliary Input: A set of RCA connectors is provided as a more permanent method of running audio into the media locker, such as from a CD player or a satellite tuner.
- RCA Audio Outputs: Two sets of RCA connectors (Front and Rear) are provided for running audio out to an additional amplifier or a powered subwoofer.
- Wired Remote In: An 8-pin DIN connector is provided for connecting an optional wired remote control or wireless remote control receiver (both sold separately).
- EXT 1/EXT 2: Two pairs of 12VDC trigger wires for activating outboard equipment.
- Power Attenuation Loops: Two wire loops can be used to change the overall output level, with the factory default of both loops intact giving an output of -3 dB below nominal power. Various combinations of the loops cut or intact can provide the following output levels: -3 dB, -6 dB, +3 dB, and +6 dB.
- Backlight: This wire, when connected to a +12VDC power supply, will light the 8 blue LEDs that line the inside of the media locker, providing backlighting for your device.
- Bluetooth Antenna: A threaded brass connector is provided for the Bluetooth Halo Aerial Technology antenna w/attached 38" cord. The antenna module should be mounted as high up as possible with either screws or double-sided adhesive.
Mounting: The AQ-DM-6BT is designed to be mounted to a wall or panel and requires a cutout that's 7-3/4" x 4-3/4" with a minimum depth of 3-3/4" to accommodate the rear wiring. The outer flange of the media locker includes a rubber gasket for maintaining a watertight seal and eight Phillip's-head screws are provided for mounting. The AQ-DM-6BT carries an IP65 waterproof rating.
Charging: The AQ-RF-6UBT remote's internal battery can be recharged by docking the remote inside the Media Locker. Contacts on the bottom of the remote slide into slots on the bottom of the docking area, allowing it to charge when not in use.
- Inputs: Bluetooth, USB, Aux (front 3.5mm), Aux (rear stereo RCA)
- Outputs: 4 Pairs of speaker wires, 2 x stereo RCA
- Device Control: Door controls or with included RF remote control
- Output Power:
- 4Ω: 4 x 45W
- 2Ω: 4 x 75W
- Operational Voltage: 9.6VDC - 14.4VDC
- Current Draw: 6ma (standby), 7A (max)
- Waterproof: IP65
- Certification: CE, RoHS, WEE, FCC
- UV Protection: ASTM D4329 compliant, 500hrs stable
- Salt/Fog Protection: ASTM B117 compliant, 500hrs stable
- Included Remote Control: AQ-RF-6UBT
- Overall Dimensions: Width - 7.0", Height - 9.0", Depth - 4.30"
- Cutout Dimensions: Width - 4.750", Height - 7.750", Depth - 3.750"