About the Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5UBT-S
This rugged receiver is ready for the outdoors
This rugged receiver is ready for the outdoors
Ready to upgrade the radio on your boat, Jeep, or other off-road vehicle? Aquatic AV's AQ-MP-5UBT-S is a tough, smart all-weather digital media receiver that's ready for the road. This rugged receiver brings a lot of cool features to your ride, with AM/FM radio, built-in Bluetooth connectivity, and a clever internal device shelf that'll hold your smartphone or media player. It also works with SiriusXM's satellite radio tuner (not included, subscription required), so you can enjoy your favorite programs wherever your travels take you on land or sea.
Note: This receiver will NOT work with Harley-Davidson motorcycles. For those, you'll need Aquatic AV's AQ-MP-5UBT-HS digital media receiver, which fits select 1998-2013 touring bikes and comes with Harley-specific mounting brackets and a direct plug-in to the Harley-Davidson wiring harness.
Play almost anything, anywhere
The AQ-MP-5UBT-S gives you lots of entertainment options. You can enjoy your favorite AM/FM stations, connect your iPhone to the internal USB port, plug an MP3 player into one of the aux inputs, or just take advantage of the Bluetooth® connectivity to enjoy your tunes. The big control knob make it easier to manage your music when you're underway.
SiriusXM satellite radio
You can also add a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included, requires subscription). Satellite radio offers an unparalleled variety of music, news, sports, and talk, and your favorite channels will stay with you, even when you're in the middle of nowhere. No wonder it's a feature more and more boaters and off-road enthusiasts are looking for.
Dust cover and surface-mount USB socket included.
Built-in device storage
Behind the removable water-resistant face, you'll find a handy shelf that'll hold most phones and music players. Connect to Bluetooth, plug into the USB port for a charge, replace the face, and hit the highway. You'll be able to enjoy your tunes without worrying about your device getting damaged.
Made for the open road
Weather happens, and this IP55-rated receiver is ready for the wet stuff, with a conformal-coated circuit board that keeps moisture from fouling the internal circuitry. That removable face is UV-resistant, so it'll stand up to bright sunlight.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
This marine digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- marine digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 3" color screen with album art display
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (sold separately, subscription required)
- ideal for boats, Jeeps, and other off-road vehicles
- water-resistant storage pocket behind removable face
- built-in Bluetooth connectivity
- Class A/B amplifier
- works with Apple smartphones
- IP55-rated for moisture and dust
- power rating: 24 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (45 peak); 39.99 watts x 4 at 2 ohms (72 watts peak)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- current draw: 6mA (standby), 7A (max)
- inputs: aux (minijack), aux (stereo RCA); internal USB
- outputs: rear USB; 2-channel 4-volt preamp outputs; 1-channel sub out
- UV-resistant face, conformal-coated circuit board
- dust cover and surface-mount USB socket included
- mounting hardware included
- wired remote ready (not included)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AQ-MP-5UBT-S
What's in the box:
- Marine digital media receiver
- Wiring harness
- 5' USB extension cable
- Protective dust cover
- Two 1A fuses (one installed)
- Two 15A fuses (one installed)
- 2 Brackets
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Rubber washers
- Owner Manual
Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5UBT-S reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5UBT-S
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||24 watts|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
Marine Certified: The Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5UBT-S is a high quality, robust and durable waterproof digital media receiver which can be used in a variety of applications and environments - such as a spa, boat, ATV, golf-cart, and more. It is waterproof (IP55 rated), UV protected (ASTM D4329 compliant), and salt-fog resistant (ASTM B117 compliant). Its front-panel is made of ABS, while the chassis is ZAM coated and the PCB is conformal coated.
Detachable Front-Panel: The AQ-MP-5UBT-S features a detachable front-panel which you can take with you when the Aquatic AV receiver is not in use. A protective faceplate/dust cover is included to protect the receiver when the front-panel is detached (there is no protective case for the detachable front-panel).
Note: The AQ-MP-5UBT-S will not function with the front-panel detached.
Mobile Device Compartment: Behind the detachable front-panel is a mobile device compartment where you can store your smartphone and keep it protected. The mobile device compartment features a female 3.5mm aux input and a female USB (type-A) input. You can connect your smartphone to the AQ-MP-5UBT-S via Bluetooth while your device is stored in the hidden compartment. The Aux input will support connection of a portable audio device with a headphone jack. The USB input will support connection of a USB thumbdrive or Apple iOS device (not compatible with Android).
- The mobile device compartment measures 3.3125" (w) x 0.75" (h) x 4.0" (d)
- Tested and confirmed to fit an iPhone 8 and Samsung Galaxy S8. Your USB thumbdrive needs to be less that 2.25" in overall depth.
Note: The detachable front-panel will need to be removed to access the mobile device compartment.
Built-in 4Ch Amplifier: The AQ-MP-5UBT-S features an onboard 4ch Class A/B amplifier that is 2-ohm stable and capable of powering up to 8 speakers, or a combination of speakers and subwoofers.
- 4-Ohm Rating: 24 watts (RMS) x 4ch / 45 watts (Peak) x 4ch
- 2-Ohm Rating: 35 watts (RMS) x 4ch / 72 watts (Peak) x 4ch
4V/5Ch RCA Outputs: The AQ-MP-5UBT-S is outfitted with a 4V/5Ch RCA outputs (Front, Rear, Mono-Sub) for the connection of external amplifiers to power additional speakers and subwoofers. If only use the receiver's RCA outputs, the internal amplifier can be turned off.
Dual Zone Operation: Dual Zone operation allows you to select a separate source to play through Aquatic AV receiver's front and rear channels (speaker or line-level outputs). You also get independent volume control of the front and rear channels (or Zones). Now, you can have two independent zones on your boat with separate source selection and volume control.
Audio Settings: You can choose from 8 EQ Presets - Off (Flat), Rock, Pop, Techno, Classic, Jazz, Vocal and User. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the receiver's Bass, Midrange, & Treble. The unit also has balance and fader control. In addition there is an XBS feature which further enhances bass output. A beep tone is heard when your press a button (this feature can be turned on or off).
Color LCD Screen: The front-panel 3" color LCD screen lets you view song/artist/album information (including Album art) from a connected USB, iPod, or Bluetooth source device. In addition, the LCD screen indicates station identification, source inputs, volume level, menu selections, and time (clock). You can adjust the display brightness from 100% for normal operation to 30% brightness to reduce screen glare during night time operation, and save these settings for Day & Night mode.
Optional Wired Remote: The AQ-WR-5F waterproof wired remote control (sold separately) allows for 2-way communication with AQ-MP-5UBT-S, so you can control the Aquatic AV receiver remotely while viewing song, track and other system information on the remote's back-lit LCD screen. This waterproof wired remote control mounts flush onto a flat surface and requires an extension cable (such as the AQ-EXT-24, sold separately). You can also use the AQ-Y-1 splitter (sold separately) to connect two wired remote controls (in this case, you'll need two extensions cables). You can connect up to 16 remotes to one Aquatic AV receiver.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The AQ-MP-5UBT-S features built-in Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP for wireless audio playback and control of your Bluetooth-enabled source device, such as your smartphone or tablet (only one device can be paired). You'll be able to wirelessly stream audio from stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth source device to the Aquatic AV receiver. You'll also be able to control Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Volume Up/Down from the receiver's front-panel. The unit will even display song/artist/album information. In addition, the AQ-MP-5UBT-S supports album art and advanced music browsing from a Bluetooth paired Apple device.
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone communication for answering or making phone calls.
Dual USB Ports: The Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5UBT-S is outfitted with two USB (type-A) ports. There is front-panel USB media port located behind the detachable front-panel and inside the mobile device compartment, as well as a rear-panel USB charging port attached to the rear chassis via a 6" pigtail.
- Front-Panel USB Source Input: Behind the detachable front-panel and inside the mobile device compartment is a female USB input for connection of a USB thumbdrive or Apple iOS device. The USB connection supports music playback (MP3 only for thumbdrives), playback control & music browsing, song/artist info (including album art), and charging of your compatible device. This USB input is not compatible with Android devices.
- Rear-Panel USB Charging Port: On the rear-panel of the AQ-MP-5UBT-S' is a female USB port for charging a USB-enabled device, such as your smartphone or digital audio player. The charging port is rated at 5V/1A. This is a USB charging port only; it does not support media playback. A 5' USB extension cable is included.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: The Aquatic AV digital media receiver's front-panel USB input supports playback of select Lightning and 30-pin Apple iPod/iPhone devices. The unit's USB input supports music playback, playback control & music browsing, song/artist info (including album art), and charging of a compatible 30-pin or Lightning Apple device.
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
AM/FM Tuner w/ RDS: The AQ-MP-5UBT-S is equipped with a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets for a total of 30 tuner presets. You can select between US or European tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. Connect Aquatic AV's AQ-ANT-1 dipole antenna ( sold separately) to the female antenna receptacle of the AQ-MP-5UBT-S. For best FM performance make sure the antenna is extended to the highest possible position.
SiriusXM-Ready: The AQ-MP-5UBT-S is SiriusXM Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 170+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List displays a list of all available channels, while Category Search searches for channels in a certain category.
- Direct Channel input allows you to directly enter a station number, or save up to 18 Satellite Radio presets.
- Information such as Channel Name with Channel Art, Artist Name, and Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's display
- Instant Replay allows you to Pause, Rewind, and Replay live content. In addition, channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Dual Aux Inputs: The AQ-MP-5UBT-S offers two auxiliary inputs. There is a female 3.5mm jack inside the receiver's mobile device compartment (behind the detachable face-plate) to connect your device's headphone jack for music playback. There is also a female stereo RCA input on the rear-chassis for connection of a second external audio source.
Mounting Options: The AQ-MP-5UBT-S requires a single-DIN cutout in a spa, boat, ATV, golf-cart, or other application. It mounts from the front of the dash, bulkhead, or panel using the integrated mounting sleeve, two brackets, four screws, back-strap, and other included hardware.
- Cutout Dimensions: 7.185" (w) x 2.075" (h) x 7.435" (d)
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 8.405" (w) x 2.725" (h) x 2.0" (d)
Note: The AQ-MP-5UBT-S is not designed for standard installation in a vehicle's dash opening.
Wiring Harness: A 12-pin wiring harness is included to wire the AQ-MP-5UBT-S to your spa, boat, ATV, golf-cart, or other application, as well as to your marine/spa speakers.
|Pin #||Wire Color||Function|
|3||Yellow||+12V Constant (Battery)|
|4||Red||+12V Switched Accessory|
|5||Purple/black||Right Rear Speaker (-)|
|6||Gray/black||Right Front Speaker (-)|
|7||White/black||Left Front Speaker (-)|
|8||Green/black||Left Rear Speaker (-)|
|9||Purple||Right Rear Speaker (+)|
|10||Gray||Right Front Speaker (+)|
|11||White||Left Front Speaker (+)|
|12||Green||Left Rear Speaker (+)|
- In a spa application, the AQ-MP-5UBT-S requires the red and yellow wires to be jumped together and then connected to the +12VDC output of the power source. In this set up the AQ-MP-5UBT-S will always be on, with a very low current draw when idle.
- In a boat, ATV or other application requiring power from a battery, the yellow wire (constant power) should be connected to the battery, and the red wire should be connected to the ignition or a switch.
External 12V Triggers: The AQ-MP-5UBT-S has provided two independent 12V triggers (brown and brown/white wires attached to the rear chassis), activated from the optional wired remote. These could activate any 12V based device, like 12V lights or 12V motors. Load on the external triggers should not exceed 350mA.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked