About the Revel Performa3 B110v2
Refined and powerful
Refined and powerful
The Revel Performa3 B110v2 can really bring down the house, combining a 10" front-firing woofer with a beast of a 1,000-watt RMS amplifier. While it pumps out plenty of "oomph," what makes the B110v2 special is its ability to produce lifelike bass at any volume. Whether it's whisper-quiet effects or the tireless hammer of drums in the deep, this subwoofer does it all — making it a solid addition to any high-end stereo or home theater system.
The B110v2 hits hard, doesn't take up a ton of space, and delivers accurate, dynamic bass (pictured in High-Gloss Walnut).
The original B110 was an elite sub with outstanding bass performance. The B110v2 carries on that tradition, evolving the Revel lineup with updated acoustic engineering and simplified sound controls.
An improved woofer has 82% more excursion than the previous model. Everything from the sub's double-stacked magnets to the fully vented frame of the woofer is expertly crafted to decrease distortion and coloration. The robust parametric EQ is also now onboard instead of software-based, letting you make manual adjustments in real-time. This makes it easier for you get your settings just right for the room.
The sound of an artist plucking a cello with their fingers is unmistakable in-person, but accurately reproducing that sound requires finesse and control most subwoofers just don't have. The B110v2 is designed to do just that, bringing impressive clarity and fine detail to low frequencies.
This level of musicality is possible because Revel ensures the high-fidelity performance of their equipment by putting it to the test, literally. Controlled auditions with a trained listening panel compare their design with competing models. Speakers are placed on a rotational platform that makes sure each unit is placed in an identical position behind an acoustically transparent screen. The double-blind test acts as a reality-check, letting Revel's engineers line their measurements up with what listeners are actually experiencing and enjoy.
- built-in 1,000-watt RMS Class D amplifier (2,000 watts peak)
- front-firing 10" woofer with coated paper/pulp cone and vented die-cast aluminum frame
- sealed (acoustic suspension) enclosure
- extensive internal bracing helps eliminate vibrations
- 12-volt trigger inputs and outputs for sending a power-on signal to multiple subwoofers
- rear-panel, continuously variable controls for frequency, bandwidth, and EQ level
- provides up to 10 independent equalization points, each with user-determined frequency
- balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA line-level) inputs
- power switch and auto power-on/standby/trigger modes
- crossover frequency: 50-150 Hz
- real-wood cabinet with carefully applied high-gloss finish
- 14-5/16"W x 16-7/8"H x 13-7/16"D
- weight: 53.8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # REVB110V2WHTAM
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- 4 Spike feet
- Owner's Manual
Revel Performa3 B110v2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Revel Performa3 B110v2
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Woofer Composition||Coated Paper/Pulp|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||1000|
|Frequency Response||34-150 Hz|
|Preamp-Level Inputs||Stereo RCA/XLR/LFE|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||50-150Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1000W (RMS)/2000W (Peak) Amplifier: The Revel Performa3 B110v2 powered sub's 10" woofer is driven by a built-in 1000 Watt (RMS)/2000 Watt (Peak) amplifier that delivers ample power for dynamic and high fidelity bass performance in your home theater or 2ch stereo application.
10" Coated Paper/Pulp Cone Woofer: The B110v2 houses a custom-designed 10" coated paper/pulp cone woofer with 82% more linear excursion than Revel's previous B112 model. This coated paper/pulp cone woofer has been engineered to produce very low frequencies at extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL), while at the same time maintaining extremely low distortion. The custom engineered woofer incorporates Klippel-optimzed, high-linearity motor geometry with precise balance between its voice coil, spider, and surround for improved linear motion and lower distortion.
- 19.2lb Double-Stacked Magnet: The woofer's 19.2 lb magnet assembly features a double-stacked ceramic magnet with a flared vent for improved airflow. As a result, turbulence is reduced, output is increased, and distortion is minimized. In addition, a thick motor shorting ring improves inductance linearity to further reduce distortion and increase output.
- Vented Cast Aluminum Frame: The structure and mass of the frame make it very strong, as well as help pull more heat away from the voice coil. The cast aluminum frame is fully vented to minimize acoustic losses from excessive back pressure. Additional cooling vents in the woofer's back plate increase power handling, while reducing compression
- 50mm Two-Layer Copper Voice Coil: The extremely long (50mm) two-layer copper voice coil wound on a high heat-tolerant fiberglass former gives this transducer a very large range of travel (Xmax) for dramatically increased output with low distortion.
- High-Temperature Nomex Spider: A high-temperature Nomex spider features a progressive roll design that evenly distributes mechanical stress, helping keep the cone’s motion linear during high-excursion operation.
- Oversized SBR Rubber Surround: The oversized SBR rubber surround allows greater linear excursion while providing enhanced moving-mass control. This material also withstands the physical breakdown typical of common foam surrounds.
Rigid Acoustic Suspension Enclosure: The Performa3 B110v2 employs an acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure for tight, accurate, and deep bass. The subwoofer enclosure is formed with contiguous wood layers that prevent splitting. The enclosure features strategically-oriented bracing that eliminates the possibility of enclosure-induced coloration. The beautiful, modern enclosure is available in a premium high-gloss black, white, or walnut finish.
Balanced/Unbalanced Inputs: The B110v2 powered subwoofer is equipped with balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA inputs to connect the LFE or subwoofer output of your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or processor/preamplifier. Balanced connections guard against induced noise and allow long cable runs without compromising sound quality. Both inputs are 0dBv (nominal)/+20dBv (maximum). There is no dedicated LFE input, so you can use either the left or right input to make connection to your receiver's or processor's LFE output.
Note: Never connect or disconnect the connections on the subwoofer unless the subwoofer is powered off.
Subwoofer Controls: The Revel Performa3 B110v2 powered subwoofer features Gain (Volume), Low Pass Crossover, and Phase controls to tailer the output of the powered sub to the rest of your speaker system. All controls are found on the rear-panel of the powered sub.
- Gain (Volume): Use the Gain control to adjust the volume of the powered subwoofer relative to your system's other speakers.
- Low Pass Crossover: The variable 50Hz to 150Hz low pass crossover determines the frequency at which the powered subwoofer blends with your main front speakers. When the control is turned to "LFE", the crossover is bypassed and all crossover settings are now set with in your AV receiver, processor, or preamplifier.
- Phase Switch: The Phase switch adjusts the phase of the powered sub's output relative to your main front speakers. Proper phase adjustment can also depend on variables, such as the subwoofer placement and listener position. Set this switch for maximum midbass output at the primary listening position.
Onboard Parametric EQ: In addition to the standard subwoofer controls, the Revel B110v2 features an onboard parametric EQ for easy adjustments in real-time, while you listen. This set of equalization controls (located on back of sub) adjust for the dominant room mode at your listening position in your specific listening room. The parametric equalizer includes variable controls to adjust Frequency, Bandwidth, and EQ Level of one band of frequencies.
- Frequency: You are able to select the center frequency of the particular problem area in your room. The range is from 32Hz to 100Hz.
- Bandwidth: You can set the range of frequencies over which the equalizer will have an effect. The range is from 0.1 octaves to 0.6 octaves; the higher the number the broader the range of frequencies that will be affected.
- Level: You are able to adjust how much boost or cut is applied to the selected frequency. This control adjusts from -12dB to a maximum of +3dB.
- Extended: In Extended mode, the -3 dB point is shifted from 29.5 Hz to 22.7 Hz. Using the Extended setting will lower the maximum volume level the subwoofer can achieve. If you hear bass distortion during loud passages, discontinue use of the "Extended" setting.
Note: To use these control make sure the EQ switch is set to "On".
Power Modes: A Power Mode switch on the back of the Performa3 B110v2 determines how the powered subwoofer will turn on and off. There is also a main Power On/Of switch located on the back of the subwoofer.
- Auto On/Off: When the Power Mode switch is set in the "Auto" position and the Power switch is set to "On", the subwoofer will automatically turn on when it first detects an audio signal at any of its inputs, and will automatically enter the standby mode after it has received no audio signal for about 10 minutes.
- Manual On/Off: When the Power Mode switch is set in the "On" position, the subwoofer will turn on when the Power switch is set to "On" and will remain on until the Power switch is set to "Off".
- Trigger On/Off: When the Power Mode switch is set in the "Trigger" position and the Power switch is set to "On", the sub will automatically turn on when a voltage is present at the 12V Trigger Input connection and will remain on as long as the voltage is present. When the voltage at the 12V Trigger Input connection is removed, the subwoofer will automatically turn off.
Note: The B110v2 also features a 12V trigger output connection that can be used to supply a on/off trigger signal to an additional powered sub with a 12V trigger input, allowing both powered subs to turn on/off at approximately the same time.
Rubber or Spike Feet: The B110v2 powered sub features four integrated rubber feet for placement on hardwood, vinyl, laminate, and ceramic tile flooring. Four spiked feet are also included for placement on carpeted floors. The spikes screw into the the rubber feet on the bottom of the cabinet (there are rubber pads on the bottom of the integrated feet that will need to be removed in order to attach the spike feet). The B110v2 measures 17.8125" tall with the spike feet installed, and 16.875" without the spikes installed.
Placement: When installing a powered subwoofer, be prepared to experiment with different locations to find the one that produces the best results throughout your room's seating area. Careful subwoofer placement can significantly reduce the peaks and dips in bass response. Using two powered subwoofers can eliminate these peaks and dips in bass response.
Note: Placing minimal acoustic treatment materials at the room's primary reflection points will reduce sonic degradations. Ideally, acoustic absorbers should be placed at the first reflection points on the front and side walls and either acoustic absorbers or diffusers should be placed at the first reflection points on the rear wall. Check out the Accessories Tab for acoustic panels & treatments (sold separately).
Position-Independent, Double-Blind Listening Tests: Every Revel by Harman loudspeaker is compared head-to-head with competitors' models in a position-independent, double-blind listening facility. True research-quality processes assure the validity of the listening tests, which employ the latest psychoacoustic research.
The Revel Performa3 B110v2 replaces these items
- front-firing 10" woofer and built-in 1,000-watt amplifier
- compatible with Revel's LFO (Low-Frequency Optimization) software for extensive programming and room equalization
- balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA line-level) inputs and outputs