About the Revel Concerta C10
A stylish center for your system
A stylish center for your system
The Revel Concerta C10 center channel speaker is a seamless sonic match for Revel's Concerta M10 and M8 on-wall speakers. Dual midrange drivers and dual woofers join forces to deliver natural-sounding dialogue while creating a smooth transition between your left and right main speakers. The C10 comes with a low-profile support for tabletop placement, and a sturdy bracket for wall-mounting.
The C10's woofer, midrange and tweeter diaphragms are made of Micro Ceramic Composite (MCC), a proprietary material created by anodizing both sides of an aluminum core. This adds strength and stiffness, but very little weight, which is exactly what you want for accurate sound reproduction.
The speaker's rigid aluminum enclosure is styled to complement the look of the latest flatscreen TVs.
Who is Revel?
Revel is one of the high-performance audio companies of global electronics giant Harman International. Since 1996, Revel has used cutting-edge design tools and one-of-a-kind testing facilities to develop speakers that measure well and sound amazing. The intensive design work happens at Harman's state-of-the-art speaker R & D facility in Northridge, California.
- 2.5-way design with rigid aluminum enclosure
- 1" Micro Ceramic Composite dome tweeter with waveguide for consistent dispersion over a wide listening area
- dual 3" anodized aluminum cone midrange drivers with cast frames for reduced resonance
- dual 3" anodized aluminum cone woofers with cast frames for reduced resonance
- frequency response: 110-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 10-150 watts
- impedance: 8 ohms
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- removable grille is magnetically attached
- includes wall-mounting bracket and hardware
- included tabletop stand lets you tilt the speaker (max. upward tilt 18°, max. downward tilt 7°)
- 22-15/16"W x 4-1/4"H x 4-1/2"D
- weight: 6.75 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C10BK
What's in the box:
- On-wall center-channel loudspeaker
- Grille (pre-installed)
- 4 Endcaps (two installed)
- Tabletop base
- Wall-mount bracket
- Wall bracket cover
- 4 Machine screws
- Owner's Manual
Revel Concerta C10 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Revel Concerta C10
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||3|
|Woofer size (inches)||3|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Frequency Response||110-21k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Concerta Series: The Revel by Harman Concerta series of loudspeakers are voice-matched for use in any combination to build movie and music systems of uncommon realism. The series includes an innovative 3-channel LCR system mounted in a single enclosure (LCR8), a highly capable center channel speaker (C10), and a choice of satellite loudspeakers (M8 / M10) - all sold separately.
Center Channel Application: The Concerta C10 is configured for the special demands of the center channel in movie soundtracks. It is designed to perfectly complement Revel M10 and M8 satellite loudspeakers, using identical drivers to provide exceptional dialog reproduction and a seamless transition between the front channels.
2.5-Way MCC Driver Design: The C10 center channel loudspeaker utilizes a 2.5-way driver design with one 1" dome tweeter, two 3" midrange drivers, and two 3" cone woofers. The tweeter, midrange, & woofer diaphragms are constructed of Micro Ceramic Composite (MCC); a new material created by anodizing both sides of an aluminum cone. Anodizing both sides of an aluminum cone adds strength and stiffness, while still allowing it to be lightweight.
- 1" Tweeter w/ CAI Waveguide Technology: The 1" dome tweeter features an underhung voice coil and a ferrofluid magnetic damping and advanced neodymium motor system for optimal performance. Constant Acoustic Impedance (CAI) waveguide technology provides ideal acoustic loading across the tweeter's frequency range, as well as flat response over a wider listening area.
- Dual 3" Midranges & Woofers: The two 3" Micro Ceramic Composite (MCC) midranges & woofers feature die-cast alloy frames, oversized magnetic assemblies with flat spiders and butyl-rubber surrounds.
Note: When using the system in a home theater system, make sure your AV receiver or processor is set to "Small" for the C10 loudspeaker. Some receivers/processors offer a choice of crossover frequencies; select 110Hz as the crossover frequency for the C10 loudspeaker.
High Order Crossover Network: The Concerta C10's high order crossover network features carefully-selected components that contribute to its great performance. The high order crossover network blends the tweeter, midranges, and woofers together for a smooth, natural sound. This advanced crossover network also dramatically reduces distortion and dynamic compression for clear sound that maintains the same quality over a very wide dynamic range. In addition, this precision crossover network optimizes the speaker's timbral accuracy, enhancing musical enjoyment for listeners who are anywhere in the room, not only those seated on-axis to the loudspeakers.
Rigid Aluminum Ported Enclosure: The Revel Concerta C10 center channel loudspeaker employs a rigid aluminum enclosures that is styled to complement the look of today's flat-panel televisions. There are two front-firing ports for greater efficiency and better midbass response.
Binding Post Terminals: The Concerta C10 center channel loudspeaker features gold-plated binding-posts that provide secure connection for speaker cables terminated with banana plugs (single or dual), spade-lugs, pin-connectors, or bare wire (up to 10AWG). You will need to remove the binding post's plastic inserts in order to use banana plugs.
Mounting Options: The C10 center speaker can be placed directly on a shelf, using the included tabletop stand which allows you to tilt the speaker upward 18° or downward 7°. The center channel speaker can also be mounted on a wall using the included wall-bracket. The wall-mount bracket allows you to tilt the speaker up or down 30º, so you can position the speaker toward your primary listening position (it does not swivel left or right). The wall-mount bracket positions the speaker 1.0625" away from the wall. The included wall bracket cover provides wire-management and offers a professional looking installation. Dimensions are as follows -
- Table-Top Base Installed: 22.9375" (w) x 4.4375" (h) x 4.5" (d)
- Wall-Mount Bracket Installed: 22.9375" (w) x 4.25" (h) x 5.5625" (d)
- Speaker Only (No Stand or Bracket Installed): 22.9375" (w) x 4.25" (h) x 4.5" (d)
- See Owner's Manual for instructions on how to install the table-top stand and wall-mount bracket.
- Only use the wall-mount bracket which comes with this speaker; 3rd party wall-mount brackets are not recommended.
Position-Independent, Double-Blind Listening Tests: Every Revel by Harman loudspeaker is compared head-to-head with competitors' models in a position-independent, double-blind listening facility. True research-quality processes assure the validity of the listening tests, which employ the latest psychoacoustic research.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?