About the Revel Concerta2 C25
Ready for center stage
Ready for center stage
Revel's engineers devoted years of research and development to creating the company's award-winning Performa3 series of speakers. Then they turned around and squeezed a surprising amount of that performance into the more affordable Concerta2 family. The C25 is the center of that family, ready to anchor the front soundstage of a Concerta2 home theater system.
No off-the-shelf parts allowed
Revel designs and builds every driver that goes into their speakers. The C25's dual 5-1/4" woofers use aluminum cones that are anodized on both sides with a micro-ceramic composite compound. This reduces resonances that can color the sound.
The C25's 1" aluminum dome tweeter sits in Revel's concave Acoustic Lens waveguide, which increases the tweeter's dispersion at higher frequencies, and also helps create a more seamless match between the tweeter and the dual flanking woofers. The result is very smooth, consistent sound both on-axis and off-axis.
Elegant design, fine fit and finish
The C25's cabinet features curved top and bottom walls built from a series of laminated layers. These curved walls are inherently stiffer than conventional box shapes, and are reinforced by extensive internal bracing that eliminate enclosure-induced colorations. The enclosure is sealed to ensure top-to-bottom tonal accuracy and keep male voices from sounding too "chesty."
Revel's matching stand positions the C25 at precisely the right height and angle for optimum sonic blending with your main speakers.
Tested by instrument and by ear
Revel's world-class speaker design and testing facility features an anechoic chamber and the latest high-tech measurement gear. But some of their most critical test instruments are the ears of their trained listening panel. When working on a new design, Revel's engineers set up a series of controlled auditions comparing their design to several competing speakers.
Speakers under comparison sit on a rotating platform, and each model is moved into the identical position by a computer-controlled belt drive system. An acoustically transparent screen hides the speakers from the listeners to avoid visual bias. These double-blind listening tests provide an essential reality check, and help the engineers correlate measurements with what listeners actually hear and prefer.
Build a complete Revel system
If you're interested in a voice-matched surround sound system, check out these other models from Revel's Performa3 series:
Floor-standing speaker: Concerta2 F35 or Concerta2 F36
Bookshelf speaker: Concerta2 M16
Subwoofer: Concerta2 B10
Who is Revel?
Revel is one of the high-performance audio companies of global electronics giant Harman International. Since 1996, Revel has used cutting-edge design tools and one-of-a-kind testing facilities to develop speakers that measure well and sound amazing. The intensive design work happens at Harman's state-of-the-art speaker R & D facility in Northridge, California.
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter with proprietary acoustic lens and waveguide for consistent dispersion over a wide listening area
- dual 5-1/4" anodized aluminum cone woofers with cast frames for reduced resonance
- acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet
- cabinet has 1"-thick MDF walls, plus extensive internal bracing
- low-frequency extension: 80Hz (-3dB), 68Hz (-6dB), 48Hz (-10dB)
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 40-120 watts
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- removable grille is magnetically attached
- high-gloss black finish
- 19-1/2"W x 7-3/8"H x 10-3/16"D
- weight: 20 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C25WHAM
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 2 Short feet
- 2 Long feet
- Owner's Manual
Revel Concerta2 C25 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Revel Concerta2 C25
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Frequency Response||80- Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Center-Channel Loudspeaker: The Revel by Harman Concerta2 C25 two-way center-channel loudspeaker delivers an impressive combination of wide frequency range, uncompressed dynamic range, and low distortion across the entire audible spectrum. Revel engineers utilize state-of-the-art computer modeling tools during driver design to optimize everything that affects performance. Laser-based analysis of the resulting prototypes confirms ideal symmetry, which results in lowered distortion and cleaner sound quality.
- 1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter w/ Acoustic Lens Waveguide: The Concerta2 C25 is equipped with a 1" aluminum dome tweeter with an Acoustic Lens Waveguide. This patented 4th generation Acoustic Lens Waveguide design improves tweeter to woofer blend and significantly improves off-axis response for consistent performance over a wide listening area. Unlike previous waveguide designs, this new Acoustic Lens Waveguide design actually increases dispersion at the highest frequencies, when compared to conventional tweeters. The result is a noticeably improved sense of air and detail, contributing to greater musical enjoyment.
- Dual 5.25" Anodized Aluminum Woofers: The C25 two-way center-channel loudspeaker also houses two 5.25" anodized aluminum cone woofers with rubber surrounds which offer ideal piston-like performance, eliminating resonances that would otherwise color the sound. By repositioning the voice coil in the woofer, Revel engineers discovered they could improve the symmetry of the woofer displacement and thereby lower distortion. They also adjusted the woofers' spider progression to greatly improve the woofers' linearity, and as a result - lowered distortion.
High Order Crossover Network: The Concerta2 C25's high order crossover network features carefully-selected components that contribute to its great performance. The high order crossover network blends the tweeter and woofers together for a smooth, natural sound. This advanced crossover network also dramatically reduces distortion and dynamic compression for clear sound that maintains the same quality over a very wide dynamic range. In addition, this precision crossover network optimizes the speaker's timbral accuracy, enhancing musical enjoyment for listeners who are anywhere in the room, not only those seated on-axis to the loudspeakers.
Rigid, Curved Enclosure: The Concerta2 C25 speaker enclosure is not only beautiful, but also rigid, with curved 1"-thick side walls and extensive internal bracing that result in a strong and inert enclosure. This ensures that the enclosure does not contribute coloration to the sound. A cloth magnetic grille eliminates unattractive hardware on the baffle and also minimizes diffraction and veiling. The speaker enclosure is available in a high gloss black or white finish.
Binding Post Terminals: The C25 center-channel loudspeaker features gold-plated binding-posts that provide secure connection for speaker cables terminated with banana plugs (single or dual), spade-lugs, pin-connectors, or bare wire (up to 10AWG). You will need to remove the binding post's rubber inserts in order to use banana plugs.
Mounting & Placement Options: The C25 includes two sets of adjustable feet, one short and one long, that let you angle the loudspeaker up or down so it is aiming towards the listeners' ears when it is installed above or below a TV display. The feet screw into the threaded inserts on the bottom of the speaker (with the feet installed, the speaker measures 7.625" tall). Revel has also designed an optional pedestal stand (sold separately - see accessories tab) for the C25 center-channel that places the speaker at the proper height for seated listeners. There are four M8 threaded inserts on the bottom of C25 for securing the speaker to the pedestal stand. The speaker does not offer any rear-panel threaded inserts, keyhole slots, or integrated bracket for wall mounting.
Note: Placing minimal acoustic treatment materials at the room's primary reflection points will reduce sonic degradations. Ideally, acoustic absorbers should be placed at the first reflection points on the front and side walls and either acoustic absorbers or diffusers should be placed at the first reflection points on the rear wall. Check out the Accessories Tab for acoustic panels & treatments (sold separately).
Position-Independent, Double-Blind Listening Tests: Every Revel by Harman loudspeaker is compared head-to-head with competitors' models in a position-independent, double-blind listening facility. True research-quality processes assure the validity of the listening tests, which employ the latest psychoacoustic research.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?