Shallow in-ceiling speaker
Our take on the Revel C263LP by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
A problem-solving speaker for tight overhead spaces
Revel knows there isn't always a ton of space available for an overhead speaker installation. Their low-profile C263LP in-ceiling speaker is a great solution for those instances. At only about 2-3/4" deep, it fits into ceilings where space is tight and delivers the open, revealing sound that Revel is known for.
The Revel C263LP in-ceiling speaker is only about 2-3/4" deep, allowing for installation in tight overhead spaces.
Excellent long-term performance
The C263LP is one of Revel's least expensive 6-1/2" in-ceiling speakers, but it shares some of the same technologies as Revel's higher-end models.
Its integrated tweeter waveguide provides great sound for listeners directly under the speaker, as well as those positioned off to the side. And its high-order crossover network allows the woofer and tweeter to blend together seamlessly. A lifetime warranty ensures excellent long-term performance.
Who is Revel?
Revel is one of the high-performance audio companies of global electronics giant Harman International. Since 1996, Revel has used cutting-edge design tools and one-of-a-kind testing facilities to develop speakers that measure well and sound amazing. The intensive design work happens at Harman's state-of-the-art speaker R & D facility in Northridge, California.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
- ideal for an in-ceiling music system or overhead surround effects in a home theater system
- shallow-mounting depth for a low-profile installation
- 6-1/2" aluminum cone woofer with cast-polymer frame
- long-throw woofer design with rubber surround for high output and low distortion
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- integrated waveguide provides excellent on- and off-axis performance
- tweeter is aimable to direct high-frequency details towards you
- high-order crossover network delivers accurate timbre reproduction
- spring post speaker connectors
- recommended amplifier power: 10-100 watts
- paintable zero-bezel magnetic grille
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- mounting depth: 2-3/4"
- weight: 3.1 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-ceiling loudspeaker
- Scrim cloth
- Cutout template
- Instruction Manual
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-100|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
Two-Way In-Ceiling Speaker: The Revel by Harman C 263LP in-ceiling speaker utilizes a two-way driver design. It features a 1" aluminum dome tweeter with an integrated wave guide that provides optimized response both on and off axis. It also houses a 6.5" aluminum long-throw woofer with rubber surround that provides high output with low distortion. A high-order crossover network delivers seamless blending between the tweeter and woofer, as well as accurate timbre reproduction.
Spring-Post Terminals: The C 263LP in-ceiling loudspeaker is equipped with a set of spring-post terminals that will accept speaker cable terminated with banana plugs (single or dual) and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Use high-quality speaker wire to obtain the best performance from the Revel in-ceiling speaker.
- For wire lengths of less than 50', use at least 16AWG speaker wire.
- For wire lengths of 50' to 100', use at least 12AWG speaker wire.
- For wire lengths of greater than 100' use at least 10AWG speaker wire.
Magnetic Grille: Powerful magnets in the speaker frame securely hold the metal mesh grille in place. The grille covers the entire outer frame of the speaker and is extremely low-profile (sits out only 0.25" from the ceiling). The included grille can be painted to match your room's décor.
Applications: The C 263LP in-ceiling speaker can be used in distributed audio, two-channel stereo, and home theater applications.
- Distributed Audio: Since distributed sound is general sound throughout an area, place the loudspeakers as uniformly as possible for even sound coverage throughout the area. Place the left and right loudspeakers roughly the same distance from the primary listener locations. To avoid "hot spots" where the sound is too loud, plan to use more loudspeakers, with each set to play at a lower volume.
- Two-Channel Stereo: Place the left and right loudspeakers the same distance from the primary listening area (or as close to the same distance as possible). The distance from each speaker to its nearest side wall should also be the as close to the same distance as possible. Ideally, the distance between the left and right loudspeakers should be slightly less than their distance from the primary listening area.
- Home Theater: The front left, center and front right loudspeakers
should be centered relative to the video display; and should be closer to
the video display than to the main listening area. The front left and front
right loudspeakers should be relatively close to the sides of the video
display, while he center loudspeaker should be aligned with the center of
the video display. The surround-channel loudspeakers should be as far from
the main listening area as possible but at least 2' from side and rear
- In a 5.1-channel system, the surround left and surround right loudspeakers should be located directly to the sides of, or up to 10°behind, the main listening area
- In a 7.1-channel system, the surround left and surround right loudspeakers should be located directly to the sides of, or up to 10° behind, the main listening area; while the surround back left and surround back right loudspeakers should be equidistant from the primary listening area and generally as far from it as possible but at least 2' from the side and rear walls.
Mounting Options: The C 263LP is designed to mount in a 0.5"-2" thick ceiling. Make sure the drywall, plywood or other ceiling material capable of withstanding the weight (3.1 lbs) of the speaker. Use the included template to assist you with marking the cutout opening (8" diameter) for the speaker. Be sure there is at least 2.8125" of mounting depth behind the wall, and allow at least 1" between the edge of the supplied installation template and any rafters or other obstructions behind the wall - so the speaker's locking mechanism will have room to engage fully. Four "dog-ear" clamps will secure the speaker in your ceiling.
Position-Independent, Double-Blind Listening Tests: Every Revel by Harman loudspeaker is compared head-to-head with competitors' models in a position-independent, double-blind listening facility. True research-quality processes assure the validity of the listening tests, which employ the latest psychoacoustic research.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.