About the Revel C383XC
A durable in-ceiling speaker for any room of your house
A durable in-ceiling speaker for any room of your house
Traditional in-ceiling speakers aren't well-suited for wet, hot, or humid environments. Revel's C383XC extreme climate speaker is an exception. This moisture-resistant model offers accurate musical performance in bathrooms, covered porches, or other areas of your home that are exposed to harsh conditions. A lifetime warranty ensures excellent long-term performance.
Revel's C383XC extreme climate in-ceiling speaker is custom-built to withstand hot, wet, and humid environments.
The C383XC benefits from the research and design work that went into Revel's higher-end in-ceiling speakers. For instance, the speaker's integrated tweeter waveguide helps provide great sound across a wide listening area. And its high-order crossover network allows the 8" woofer and 1" tweeter to blend together seamlessly. The C383XC also features high-quality push-post input terminals for a solid connection with your speaker wire.
Who is Revel?
Revel is one of the high-performance audio companies of global electronics giant Harman International. Since 1996, Revel has used cutting-edge design tools and one-of-a-kind testing facilities to develop speakers that measure well and sound amazing. The intensive design work happens at Harman's state-of-the-art speaker R & D facility in Northridge, California.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
- moisture-resistant for use in bathrooms, covered porches, and other humid or wet areas
- IP65 certified for dust and water protection
- resistant to salt water corrosion
- 8" aluminum woofer with cast-polymer frame
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- integrated waveguide provides excellent on- and off-axis performance
- high-order crossover network delivers accurate timbre reproduction
- recommended amplifier power: 10-100 watts
- "extreme climate" zero-bezel magnetic grille
- grille is paintable to match your décor
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- speaker cutout diameter: 9-5/8"
- overall diameter: 10-3/4"
- mounting depth: 2-3/4"
- weight: 3.9 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C383XC
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling loudspeaker
- Round grille
- Scrim cloth
- Cutout template
- Instruction Manual
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Revel C383XC
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-100|
Extreme Climate Series: The Revel by Harman C383XC is a low-profile, in-ceiling loudspeaker specifically designed for installation in extreme climate environments; including indoor and outdoor locations that are hot, cold, damp, humid, or wet. As part of the Extreme Climate series, the C383XC has been engineered and rigorously tested to withstand environmental abuses while not affecting performance. The C383XC is also resistant to corrosion from salt water and can be deployed in marine applications, such as high-end yachts.
- IP65 Rating: The C383XC features weatherized components and construction, plus meets IP65 (International Protection Rating) standards for solid materials and water ingress exposure. With the IP65 rating, the speaker is fully protected against dust and water jets from all directions making it ideal for outdoor and marine applications.
- Indoor/Outdoor/Marine Applications: The Revel C383XC is suitable for indoor, outdoor, and marine applications. Indoor locations such as showers and saunas, and outdoor locations under eaves and around patios or decks are perfect applications for this speaker. The loudspeaker's marine-grade components even make it suitable for yachts, power boats, and other marine vehicles.
Two-Way Driver Design: The Revel C 383XC in-ceiling speaker utilizes a two-way driver design. It features a 1" aluminum dome tweeter with an integrated wave guide that provides optimized response both on and off axis. It also houses a 8" aluminum cone woofer with rubber surround that provides high output with low distortion. A high-order crossover network delivers seamless blending between the tweeter and woofer, as well as accurate timbre reproduction.
Spring-Post Terminals: The C 383XCin-ceiling loudspeaker is equipped with a set of spring-post terminals that will accept speaker cable terminated with banana plugs (single or dual) and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Use high-quality speaker wire to obtain the best performance from the Revel in-ceiling speaker.
- For wire lengths of less than 50', use at least 16AWG speaker wire.
- For wire lengths of 50' to 100', use at least 12AWG speaker wire.
- For wire lengths of greater than 100' use at least 10AWG speaker wire.
Magnetic Grille: Powerful magnets in the speaker frame securely hold the metal mesh grille in place. The grille covers the entire outer frame of the speaker and is extremely low-profile (sits out only 0.25" from the ceiling). The included grille can be painted to match your room's décor.
Mounting Options: The C 383XCis designed to mount in a 0.5"-2" thick ceiling. Make sure the drywall, plywood or other ceiling material capable of withstanding the weight (3.9 lbs) of the speaker. Use the included template to assist you with marking the cutout opening (9.625" diameter) for the speaker. Be sure there is at least 2.75" of mounting depth behind the wall, and allow at least 1" between the edge of the supplied installation template and any rafters or other obstructions behind the wall - so the speaker's locking mechanism will have room to engage fully. Four "dog-ear" clamps will secure the speaker in your ceiling.
Position-Independent, Double-Blind Listening Tests: Every Revel by Harman loudspeaker is compared head-to-head with competitors' models in a position-independent, double-blind listening facility. True research-quality processes assure the validity of the listening tests, which employ the latest psychoacoustic research.