About the Revel C426Be
A superb center channel speaker
A superb center channel speaker
When you're watching movies, a great center channel speaker is crucial to the experience — it makes dialogue more audible and enhances the impact of music and sound effects. Revel's C426Be is a home theater powerhouse with a high-performance 3-way design that does all of those jobs extremely well. It can handle up to 300 watts of power, and comes with long and short sets of adjustable feet that let you aim it for best results.
The C426Be is built around exceptional driver technology. The "Be" in the speaker's name refers to its 1" beryllium tweeter. Beryllium is a rare earth metal that offers exceptional stiffness and damping properties that aluminum and even titanium tweeters can't match — speaker designers love to use it in high-end designs like this one.
The speaker's 5-1/4" midrange and four 6-1/2" woofers are made from aluminum cones that are sandwiched in a coarse ceramic coating. This Deep Ceramic Composite coating improves damping and helps the driver array deliver optimized mid- and low-frequency performance. The midrange and woofers are held in cast aluminum frames that help to reduce unwanted resonance.
Dual flared ports on the back of the C426Be deliver impressive low-frequency response.
Clever cabinet design
The C426Be's cabinet features curved top and bottom walls built from a series of laminated wood layers. These curved walls are inherently stiffer than conventional box shapes, and are reinforced by extensive internal bracing that eliminate enclosure-induced colorations. The enclosure features two rear-firing flared ports.
The effect of all this advanced design can be seen in the speaker's impressive frequency response (38-40,000 Hz) and heard in its extremely detailed and accurate soundstage.
Who is Revel?
Revel is one of the high-performance audio companies of global electronics giant Harman International. Since 1996, Revel has used cutting-edge design tools and one-of-a-kind testing facilities to develop speakers that measure well and sound amazing. The intensive design work happens at Harman's state-of-the-art speaker R & D facility in Northridge, California.
- 1" beryllium dome tweeter with proprietary acoustic lens and waveguide for consistent dispersion over a wide listening area
- 5-1/4" aluminum cone midrange driver with Deep Ceramic Composite coating
- four 6-1/2" aluminum cone woofers with Deep Ceramic Composite coating
- advanced high-order crossovers with premium components
- bass reflex cabinet design with dual rear-firing ports
- frequency response: 38-40,000 Hz (-6dB)
- low-frequency extension: 41Hz (-3dB), 38Hz (-6dB), 35Hz (-10dB)
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 50-300 watts
- dual pairs of gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- removable magnetic grille
- two sets of adjustable feet included
Dimensions and warranty:
- 38-1/2"W x 12-5/16"H x 14"D
- weight: 71 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # REVC426BEBLK
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- Feet assembly
- 2 Port plugs
- Owner's Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Revel C426Be
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Woofer size (inches)||6-1/2|
|Frequency Response||38-40k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
3-Way center-channel Loudspeaker: The Revel PerformaBe C426Be is a powerful and elegant 3-way center-channel loudspeaker engineered to extract the finest details, the highest level of performance, and the most emotion possible. Featuring an all-new 1" beryllium tweeter, one 5.25" DCC aluminum midrange driver, and four 6.5" DCC aluminum woofers, the C426Be delivers unparalleled detail and accuracy with an expansive and cohesive soundstage.
- 1" Beryllium Tweeter: At the heart of the Revel Performa C426Be's immaculate sound lies a 1" beryllium tweeter driven by massive 85mm dual ceramic magnets. The powerful tweeter is mated to a 5th-generation ceramic-coated, cast-aluminum Acoustic Lens waveguide engineered to seamlessly integrate with the directivity of the companion midrange driver.
- 5.25" Midrange & Four 6.5" Woofers (DCC): The 5.25" midrange driver and four 6." woofers have been updated with larger Deep Ceramic Composite (DCC) aluminum diaphragms, bigger voice coils and ceramic motor structures. The result is greater efficiency, less compression, improved dynamic range, reduced distortion, and increased power handling.
Beryllium: Beryllium, Element 4 on the Periodic Table, is a rare earth metal that is renowned for its remarkable physical properties; properties that just so happen to make it the ideal material for a high-frequency transducer. It's lightweight, incredibly stiff, inherently well damped - basically everything you need for the ideal tweeter diaphragm in a loudspeaker. Compared to other metals used in tweeter diaphragms like aluminum and titanium, beryllium offers 4.5x the stiffness and 3x more damping, and does so at only half of the weight.
Deep Ceramic Composite (DCC): The PerformaBe low frequency woofers and midrange driver feature newly developed Deep Ceramic Composite (DCC) aluminum cone technology. DCC creates a much stiffer and better damped cone than untreated aluminum, reducing cone resonance and promoting ideal pistonic motion. The result is unparalleled midrange purity and detail retrieval.
Precision High Order Crossover Networks: Revel PerformaBe's precision high order crossover networks feature carefully selected components to dramatically reduce distortion and dynamic compression for pristine sound over a wide dynamic range. These networks optimize the speakers' timbre accuracy, enhancing the listener's enjoyment anywhere in the room - even off axis.
Elegant Enclosure: The Revel PerformaBe center-channel loudspeaker's fully-curved enclosure is inherently stiffer than conventional box shapes and are formed with contiguous wood layers that prevent splitting. The enclosure features 1"-thick panels and strategically-oriented bracing that eliminates the possibility of enclosure-induced coloration. The beautiful, modern enclosure is finished in Piano Black or High Gloss Walnut in a process (developed and overseen by Italian luxury cabinet makers) that exceeds automotive finish quality. A magnetic grille eliminates unattractive hardware on the baffle and also minimizes diffraction and veiling.
Dual Bass Ports: The Revel PerformaBe center-channel loudspeaker employs two sophisticated fluid-model designed low-frequency ports with identical flares on both ends that are rear-firing. This greatly minimizes dynamic compression and port-generated noise, assuring low-distortion low-frequency performance. The C426Be also includes two pre-installed foam port plugs that can be used to adjust the loudspeaker's low-frequency performance in certain installation situations.
- If the center speaker is built into an entertainment center or shelving unit, or if the speaker is located less than about 2' from walls or other large objeccts, leaving the port plugs inserted into the loudspeaker's port openings can reduce the overlyaggressive bass output that can be created by the speaker's proximity to large bass energy reflecting surfaces.
- Remove the port plugs if the center-channel speaker is to be used more than 2' away from walls, entertainment centers, or other large objects.
Note: To re-insert the port plugs, insert the port plugs into loudspeaker’s port tube openings far enough so that the end of each plug is tlush with the inside end of the port tube's flared section.
Dual Binding Post Terminals: The Performa C426Be center-channel speaker features two sets of binding posts that enable the loudspeaker to be bi-wired or bi-amped. These gold-plated binding-posts that provide secure connection for speaker cables terminated with banana plugs (single only), spade lugs, pin connectors, or bare wire (up to 10AWG). You will need to remove the binding post's rubber inserts in order to use banana plugs.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Adjustable Feet: The C426Be center speaker includes two sets of adjustable feet, one short and one long that let you angle the loudspeaker up or down so it is aiming towards the listener's ears when it is installed above or below a TV. The feet screw into the threaded inserts on the bottom of the speaker. Also included is a set of levelers that screw into the feet for added tilt.
- To aim the loudspeaker straight forward (with no tilt), remove the front threaded feet so that the rubber bumper rests on the seating surface and djust the rear threaded feet downward so that the loudspeaker achieves the desired level balance.
- To tilt the loudspeaker upward, adjust the front threaded feet downward, so that the loudspeaker achieves the desired level balance.
- To tilt the loudspeaker downward, remove the front threaded feet, rubber bumper and foot support. Reinstall the front rubber bumper and threaded feet until snug to the loudspeaker bottom. Then rest the front rubber bumpers on the seating surface and adjust the rear threaded feet downward so that the loudspeaker acheives the desired level balance.
Note: The center speaker does not offer any rear-panel threaded inserts, keyhole slots, or integrated bracket for wall mounting.
Placement Options: Use a pedestal stand, table, or cabinet to place the Revel C426Be center-channel loudspeaker at the proper height for installation below your television. If necessary to aim the loudspeaker directly at the listener's ears, use the supplied long feet to angle the loudspeaker down if it is placed above the TV display, or use the supplied short feet to angle the loudspeaker up or straight forward if it is placed below the TV.
- Remove all obstructions between the loudspeaker and the primary listening position. For instance, a coffee table between the loudspeaker and the primary listening position will create reflections that will degrade timbre which can make film dialog more difficult to understand. Placing the loudspeaker near large objects may also cause unwanted reflections.
- When flush-mounting the C426Be inside of a cabinet or entertainment center, make sure that the front of the loudspeaker is flush with the front edge of the mounting shelf and surrounding surfaces.
Note: Placing minimal acoustic treatment materials at the room's primary reflection points will reduce sonic degradations. Ideally, acoustic absorbers should be placed at the first reflection points on the front and side walls and either acoustic absorbers or diffusers should be placed at the first reflection points on the rear wall. Check out the Accessories Tab for acoustic panels & treatments (sold separately).
Position-Independent, Double-Blind Listening Tests: Every Revel by Harman loudspeaker is compared head-to-head with competitors' models in a position-independent, double-blind listening facility. True research-quality processes assure the validity of the listening tests, which employ the latest psychoacoustic research.