About the Revel C563DT
Stereo sound from a single in-ceiling speaker
Stereo sound from a single in-ceiling speaker
Here's a cleverly designed solution from the audio pros at Revel. The C563DT in-ceiling speaker lets you enjoy stereo music from a single overhead speaker. Use it in areas where a pair of in-ceiling speakers may be impractical, such as hallways, entryways, small offices, or walk-in closets.
The Revel C563DT's dual-tweeter design reproduces both the left and right channels of your stereo music sources with a single speaker.
Clear, adjustable sound
Crisp bass response comes courtesy of a 6-1/2" woofer, and smooth highs are dished out from twin 1" aluminum dome tweeters. This speaker also has a three-position output level switch for the tweeters, which lets you tailor the sound to the acoustics of your room.
The C563DT benefits from the research and design work that went into Revel's higher-end in-ceiling speakers. For instance, each tweeter has an integrated waveguide, which helps provide great sound across a wide listening area. And this speaker's high-order crossover network allows the woofer and tweeters to blend together seamlessly.
The C563DT also features two pairs of high-quality push-post input terminals for a solid connection with your speaker wire. A lifetime warranty ensures excellent long-term performance.
Also great for big rooms
The C563DT is an excellent choice for overhead music in large rooms. Install one in each corner of your spacious living room or bedroom and get stereo sound no matter where you're standing. Its dual-tweeter design gives you the full song without worrying about being too close to one speaker, and too far from another. That way you aren't hearing the guitar and vocals from the left speaker, and bass and drums from the right.
Who is Revel?
Revel is one of the high-performance audio companies of global electronics giant Harman International. Since 1996, Revel has used cutting-edge design tools and one-of-a-kind testing facilities to develop speakers that measure well and sound amazing. The intensive design work happens at Harman's state-of-the-art speaker R & D facility in Northridge, California.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
- stereo-input design plays both the left and right channels of the stereo mix
- 6-1/2" micro-ceramic composite (MCC) woofer with cast-aluminum frame
- long-throw woofer design with rubber surround for high output and low distortion
- two 1" aluminum dome tweeters
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- integrated waveguides provide excellent on- and off-axis performance
- high-order crossover network delivers accurate timbre reproduction
- recommended amplifier power: 10-130 watts
- includes both round and square zero-bezel magnetic grilles
- grilles are paintable to match your décor
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- speaker cutout diameter: 8"
- overall diameter: 9-1/8"
- mounting depth: 4-15/16"
- square grille dimensions: 9-1/8"W x 9-1/8"H
- weight: 2.2 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C563DTAM
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling loudspeaker
- Round grille
- Square grille
- Round scrim cloth
- Square scrim cloth
- 4 Self-adhesive foam strips
- Cutout template
- Instruction Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Revel C563DT
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Micro-Ceramic Composite|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-130|
|Frequency Response||Not givenHz|
Two-Way In-Ceiling Speaker: The Revel by Harman C 563DT in-ceiling speaker utilizes a two-way driver design. It features two 1" aluminum dome swiveling tweeters with integrated wave guides that provide optimized response both on and off axis. It also houses a 6.5" micro-ceramic composite (MCC) woofer with rubber surround that provides high output with low distortion. A high-order crossover network delivers seamless blending between the tweeters and woofer, as well as accurate timbre reproduction. Thanks to its dual tweeter configuration, the C 363DT can be used as a single stereo loudspeaker.
Tweeter Level Control: A 3-position tweeter level control lets you adjust for optimum high-frequency response in a variety of acoustical environments, or for using the speakers without grilles. The tweeter level control is located on the front baffle and hidden behind the grille. Choose between 3 settings -
- Increased High Frequency Output (+): Use this setting if the room has many features that absorb high-frequency sound energy - such as thick carpeting, drapes, and fabric-covered furniture.
- Normal High Frequency Output (0): Use this setting for most installation.
- Decreased High Frequency Output (-): Use this setting if the room has many features that reflect high-frequency sound energy - such as large uncovered windows, bare tile floors and large expanses of bare walls, or if the speakers are used without grilles.
Stereo Spring-Post Terminals: The C 563DT in-ceiling loudspeaker is equipped with two sets of speaker terminals which allow you to use the C 563DT as a single stereo speaker. These spring-post terminals will accept speaker cable terminated with banana plugs (single or dual) and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Use high-quality speaker wire to obtain the best performance from the Revel in-ceiling speaker.
- For wire lengths of less than 50', use at least 16AWG speaker wire.
- For wire lengths of 50' to 100', use at least 12AWG speaker wire.
- For wire lengths of greater than 100' use at least 10AWG speaker wire.
Magnetic Grille (Round & Square): The C563DT in-ceiling loudspeaker comes with a round and square metal mesh grille (choose the one that looks best in your ceiling). Powerful magnets in the speaker frame securely hold the grilles in place. The grille covers the entire outer frame of the speaker and is extremely low-profile (sits out only 0.25" from the ceiling). The included grilles can be painted to match your room's décor.
Applications: Because of its stereo inputs and dual tweeters, the Revel C 563DT in-ceiling loud speaker is perfect for distributed audio applications. Since the C 563DT reproduces both stereo channels from a single location, it will deliver outstanding performance from a wide variety of mounting locations where a pair of stereo speakers would be impractical - including hallways, bathrooms, and closets.
Mounting Options: The C 563DT is designed to mount in a 0.5"-2" thick ceiling. Make sure the drywall, plywood or other ceiling material capable of withstanding the weight (2 lbs) of the speaker. Use the included template to assist you with marking the cutout opening (8" diameter) for the speaker. Be sure there is at least 4.9375" of mounting depth behind the wall, and allow at least 1" between the edge of the supplied installation template and any rafters or other obstructions behind the wall - so the speaker's locking mechanism will have room to engage fully. Four "dog-ear" clamps will secure the speaker in your ceiling.
Position-Independent, Double-Blind Listening Tests: Every Revel by Harman loudspeaker is compared head-to-head with competitors' models in a position-independent, double-blind listening facility. True research-quality processes assure the validity of the listening tests, which employ the latest psychoacoustic research.