About the Revel C763L
Elite home theater performance with zero footprint
Elite home theater performance with zero footprint
We don't often recommend in-ceiling speakers for the front channels of your home theater system. That's because most models fire straight downward, so the sound tends to seem disconnected from your TV screen. The Revel C763L is a rare exception to this rule, because its angled drivers direct sound down and forward toward your listening position. It makes movie dialogue and special effects feel like they're coming from the action unfolding on the screen, instead of several feet above it.
Customizable sound for your room
The C763L's 1" aluminum dome tweeter has a three-position output level switch, which lets you cut or boost the high frequencies. And a boundary compensation switch lets you adjust low-frequency output when the speaker is placed near a wall to compensate for potential boominess.
The Revel C763L's drivers are angled to direct sound towards your seat (speaker shown rotated 90°).
High-quality design for long-term performance
The C763L has a few other notable design highlights. Its unique flat woofer provides solid bass. Its tweeter waveguide helps provide great sound across a wide listening area. And a high-order crossover network allows all of the drivers to blend together seamlessly.
The C763L even comes with square and round grilles to match your décor. A lifetime warranty ensures excellent long-term performance.
A built-in enclosure elevates performance
One of my favorite features of the C763L is the back-box that's built onto the speaker. This carefully designed enclosure helps deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound no matter what kind of space is behind it in your ceiling. It also keeps dust and dirt out of your speaker.
Ideal for movies and music
Use the C763L as a left, right, or center channel as part of a Revel home theater system. You'll enjoy rich, full-bodied sound with all of your favorite content. This speaker is a great choice for a high-end in-ceiling stereo system.
The C763L shares all of the top technologies of Revel's non-angled C763 in-ceiling speaker, which let you tailored its performance to your room.
Who is Revel?
Revel is one of the high-performance audio companies of global electronics giant Harman International. Since 1996, Revel has used cutting-edge design tools and one-of-a-kind testing facilities to develop speakers that measure well and sound amazing. The intensive design work happens at Harman's state-of-the-art speaker R & D facility in Northridge, California.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
- three-way speaker with angled-baffle design to direct sound towards your listening position
- ideal for the front left, right, and center channel locations of an in-ceiling home theater system
- 7-13/16" x 3-7/16" flat-panel micro-ceramic composite (MCC) woofer
- boundary compensation switch adjusts low-frequency output when the speaker is placed near a wall
- two 3-1/2" micro-ceramic composite (MCC) midrange drivers with cast-aluminum frames
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- integrated waveguide provides excellent on- and off-axis performance
- high-order crossover network delivers accurate timbre reproduction
- recommended amplifier power: 10-200 watts
- includes both round and square zero-bezel magnetic grilles
- grilles are paintable to match your décor
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- nominal impedance: 6 ohms
- speaker cutout diameter: 11-1/4"
- overall diameter: 12-7/16"
- mounting depth: 5-3/4"
- square grille dimensions: 12-1/2"W x 12-1/2"H
- weight: 4 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C763L
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling loudspeaker
- Round grille
- Square grille
- Round scrim cloth
- Square scrim cloth
- 4 Self-adhesive foam strips
- Cutout template
- Instruction Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Revel C763L
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Micro-Ceramic Composite|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Woofer Size||7.8 x 3.4|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-200|
|Frequency Response||Not givenHz|
3-Way In-Ceiling Speaker: The Revel by Harman C 763L in-ceiling speaker utilizes a 3-way driver design. It features a 1" aluminum dome high-output tweeter with an integrated wave guide that provides optimized response both on and off axis. It also houses two 3.5" micro-ceramic composite (MCC) midrange drivers and one 7.8" x 3.4" micro-ceramic composite (MCC) flat-panel woofer with rubber surrounds that provide high output with low distortion. A high-order crossover network delivers seamless blending between the tweeter and woofer, as well as accurate timbre reproduction.
Tweeter Level Control: A 3-position tweeter level control lets you adjust for optimum high-frequency response in a variety of acoustical environments, or for using the speakers without grilles. The tweeter level control is located on the front baffle and hidden behind the grille. Choose between 3 settings -
- Increased High Frequency Output (+): Use this setting if the room has many features that absorb high-frequency sound energy - such as thick carpeting, drapes, and fabric-covered furniture.
- Normal High Frequency Output (0): Use this setting for most installation.
- Decreased High Frequency Output (-): Use this setting if the room has many features that reflect high-frequency sound energy - such as large uncovered windows, bare tile floors and large expanses of bare walls, or if the speakers are used without grilles.
Boundary Compensation Control: The Boundary Compensation control reduces the speaker's bass output level to compensate for the greater reflection of bass energy when the speaker is placed near a wall. When possible, avoid mounting the speaker within 2' of a wall. If such placement is unavoidable, set the Boundary Compensation control to the "On" position. The Boundary Compensation control is located on the front baffle and hidden behind the grille.
Sealed Enclosure: The Revel C 760L utilizes a finely tuned sealed enclosure to make sure it sound great in your ceiling and protect each driver against the accumulation of damaging dirt and dust.
Spring-Post Terminals: The C 763L in-ceiling loudspeaker is equipped with a set of spring-post terminals that will accept speaker cable terminated with banana plugs (single or dual) and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Use high-quality speaker wire to obtain the best performance from the Revel in-ceiling speaker.
- For wire lengths of less than 50', use at least 16AWG speaker wire.
- For wire lengths of 50' to 100', use at least 12AWG speaker wire.
- For wire lengths of greater than 100' use at least 10AWG speaker wire.
Magnetic Grille (Round & Square): The C763L in-ceiling loudspeaker comes with a round and square metal mesh grille (choose the one that looks best in your ceiling). Powerful magnets in the speaker frame securely hold the grilles in place. The grille covers the entire outer frame of the speaker and is extremely low-profile (sits out only 0.25" from the ceiling). The included grilles can be painted to match your room's décor.
Applications: The C 763L in-ceiling speaker can be used in distributed audio, two-channel stereo, and home theater applications.
- Distributed Audio: Since distributed sound is general sound throughout an area, place the loudspeakers as uniformly as possible for even sound coverage throughout the area. Place the left and right loudspeakers roughly the same distance from the primary listener locations. To avoid "hot spots" where the sound is too loud, plan to use more loudspeakers, with each set to play at a lower volume.
- Two-Channel Stereo: Place the left and right loudspeakers the same distance from the primary listening area (or as close to the same distance as possible). The distance from each speaker to its nearest side wall should also be the as close to the same distance as possible. Ideally, the distance between the left and right loudspeakers should be slightly less than their distance from the primary listening area.
- Home Theater: The front left, center and front right loudspeakers
should be centered relative to the video display; and should be closer to
the video display than to the main listening area. The front left and front
right loudspeakers should be relatively close to the sides of the video
display, while he center loudspeaker should be aligned with the center of
the video display. The surround-channel loudspeakers should be as far from
the main listening area as possible but at least 2' from side and rear
- In a 5.1-channel system, the surround left and surround right loudspeakers should be located directly to the sides of, or up to 10°behind, the main listening area
- In a 7.1-channel system, the surround left and surround right loudspeakers should be located directly to the sides of, or up to 10° behind, the main listening area; while the surround back left and surround back right loudspeakers should be equidistant from the primary listening area and generally as far from it as possible but at least 2' from the side and rear walls.
Mounting Options: The C 763L is designed to mount in a 0.5"-1" thick ceiling. Make sure the drywall, plywood or other ceiling material capable of withstanding the weight (4 lbs) of the speaker. Use the included template to assist you with marking the cutout opening (11.3125" diameter) for the speaker. Be sure there is at least 5.75" of mounting depth behind the wall, and allow at least 3/4" between the edge of the supplied installation template and any rafters or other obstructions behind the wall - so the speaker's locking mechanism will have room to engage fully. Four "dog-ear" clamps will secure the speaker in your ceiling.
Position-Independent, Double-Blind Listening Tests: Every Revel by Harman loudspeaker is compared head-to-head with competitors' models in a position-independent, double-blind listening facility. True research-quality processes assure the validity of the listening tests, which employ the latest psychoacoustic research.
1 question already asked