About the Revel Concerta M10
Slender looks, seamless sound
Slender looks, seamless sound
If you want a slender, stylish speaker system to complement your skinny flatscreen TV, Revel's Concerta M10 on-wall speaker is a brilliant choice, especially if you care about accurate sound.
During development, Revel's engineers evaluated the M10 in a variety of on- and near-wall installations, measuring the on- and off-axis response in an anechoic chamber from dozens of different listening angles. They balanced that with a series of double blind listening tests performed by a panel of experts in the company's Multichannel Listening Lab. The M10 consistently delivered flat frequency response across an exceptionally wide listening area. That translates to clean, accurate sound in real-world listening rooms.
The M10's woofer, midrange and tweeter diaphragms are made of Micro Ceramic Composite (MCC), a proprietary material created by anodizing both sides of an aluminum core. This adds strength and stiffness, but very little weight, which is exactly what you want for accurate sound reproduction.
The speaker's rigid aluminum enclosure is styled to complement the look of the latest flatscreen TVs.
Build a complete Revel system
A pair of M10s will create an unobtrusive but highly musical 2-channel system. If you're interested in a voice-matched surround sound system, check out these other models from Revel's Concerta series:
Center channel: Concerta C10
Subwoofer: Concerta2 B10
Who is Revel?
Revel is one of the high-performance audio companies of global electronics giant Harman International. Since 1996, Revel has used cutting-edge design tools and one-of-a-kind testing facilities to develop speakers that measure well and sound amazing. The intensive design work happens at Harman's state-of-the-art speaker R & D facility in Northridge, California.
- 2.5-way design with rigid aluminum enclosure
- 1" Micro Ceramic Composite dome tweeter with waveguide for consistent dispersion over a wide listening area
- dual 3" anodized aluminum cone midrange drivers with cast frames for reduced resonance
- dual 3" anodized aluminum cone woofers with cast frames for reduced resonance
- frequency response: 110-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 10-150 watts
- impedance: 8 ohms
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- removable grille is magnetically attached
- includes wall-mounting bracket and hardware
- includes three bases for placing the speaker on a shelf, tabletop, or floor (7/8", 4", 8")
- 4-1/4"W x 22-15/16"H x 4-1/2"D
- weight: 6.75 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # M10BK
What's in the box:
- On-wall satellite loudspeaker
- Grille (pre-installed)
- 2 Top endcaps (one is pre-installed)
- 2 Bottom endcaps (one is pre-installed)
- Wall-mount bracket
- Wall-mount bracket cover
- Bottom foot
- Table stand plate
- Small collar
- Medium collar
- Large collar
- 1/4" x 1.25" Screw
- 1/4"-20 x 0.75" Screw
- Six 1/4"-20 x 0.875" screws
- Two 1/4"-20 x 1" screws
- 3 Washers
- 3 Nuts
- Owner's Manual
More details on the Revel Concerta M10
Features & specs
|Number of Speakers||1|
|Bipole or Dipole||No|
|Midrange size (inches)||3|
|Woofer size (inches)||3|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Concerta Series: The Revel by Harman Concerta series of loudspeakers are voice-matched for use in any combination to build movie and music systems of uncommon realism. The series includes an innovative 3-channel LCR system mounted in a single enclosure (LCR8), a highly capable center channel speaker (C10), and a choice of satellite loudspeakers (M8 / M10) - all sold separately.
Applications: The Concerta M10 is ideal as a surround loudspeaker or front-channel loudspeaker, whether wall-mounted or placed on a shelf. The M10 can be used to build a home theater or music sound system and fill almost any room with brilliant, distortion-free sound from virtually any amplifier. The Revel Concerta M10 is ideally suited for use with a subwoofer (such as the Revel B1, sold separately)
2.5-Way MCC Driver Design: The M10 satellite loudspeaker utilizes a 2.5-way driver design with one 1" dome tweeter, two 3" midrange drivers, and two 3" cone woofers. The tweeter, midrange, & woofer diaphragms are constructed of Micro Ceramic Composite (MCC); a new material created by anodizing both sides of an aluminum cone. Anodizing both sides of an aluminum cone adds strength and stiffness, while still allowing it to be lightweight.
- 1" Tweeter w/ CAI Waveguide Technology: The 1" dome tweeter features an underhung voice coil and a ferrofluid magnetic damping and advanced neodymium motor system for optimal performance. Constant Acoustic Impedance (CAI) waveguide technology provides ideal acoustic loading across the tweeter's frequency range, as well as flat response over a wider listening area.
- Dual 3" Midranges & Woofers: The two 3" Micro Ceramic Composite (MCC) midranges & woofers feature die-cast alloy frames, oversized magnetic assemblies with flat spiders and butyl-rubber surrounds.
Note: When using the system in a home theater system, make sure your AV receiver or processor is set to "Small" for the M10 loudspeaker. Some receivers/processors offer a choice of crossover frequencies; select 110Hz as the crossover frequency for the M10 loudspeaker.
High Order Crossover Network: The Concerta M10's high order crossover network features carefully-selected components that contribute to its great performance. The high order crossover network blends the tweeter, midranges, and woofers together for a smooth, natural sound. This advanced crossover network also dramatically reduces distortion and dynamic compression for clear sound that maintains the same quality over a very wide dynamic range. In addition, this precision crossover network optimizes the speaker's timbral accuracy, enhancing musical enjoyment for listeners who are anywhere in the room, not only those seated on-axis to the loudspeakers.
Rigid Aluminum Ported Enclosure: The Revel Concerta M10 satellite loudspeaker employs a rigid aluminum enclosures that is styled to complement the look of today's flat-panel televisions. There are two front-firing ports for greater efficiency and better midbass response.
Binding Post Terminals: The Concerta M10 satellite loudspeaker features gold-plated binding-posts that provide secure connection for speaker cables terminated with banana plugs (single or dual), spade-lugs, pin-connectors, or bare wire (up to 10AWG). You will need to remove the binding post's plastic inserts in order to use banana plugs.
Mounting Options: The M10 satellite speaker can be placed directly on a shelf or tabletop, using one of the three included shelf stands (small/medium/large). The satellite speaker can also be mounted on a wall using the included wall-bracket. The wall-mount bracket allows for rotation of the speaker at angles up to 30º left or right of center, so you can position the speaker toward your primary listening area (does not support tilting up/down). The wall-mount bracket positions the speaker 1.0625" away from the wall. The included wall bracket cover provides wire-management and offers a professional looking installation. Optional floor stands (265STM10BK, sold separately) are also available. Dimensions are as follows -
- Small Shelf Stand Installed: 6.3125" (w) x 23.375" (h) x 5.5" (d)
- Medium Shelf Stand Installed: 6.3125" (w) x 27.0" (h) x 5.5" (d)
- Large Shelf Stand Installed: 6.3125" (w) x 30.5" (h) x 5.5" (d)
- Wall-Mount Bracket Installed: 4.25" (w) x 22.9375" (h) x 5.625" (d)
- Speaker Only (No Stand or Bracket Installed): 4.25" (w) x 22.9375" (h) x 4.625" (d)
- See Owner's Manual for instructions on how to install each of the shelf stands and wall-mount bracket.
- Only use the wall-mount bracket which comes with this speaker; 3rd party wall-mount brackets are not recommended.
Position-Independent, Double-Blind Listening Tests: Every Revel by Harman loudspeaker is compared head-to-head with competitors' models in a position-independent, double-blind listening facility. True research-quality processes assure the validity of the listening tests, which employ the latest psychoacoustic research.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?