About the Revel Concerta M8 SP2
Slender looks, seamless sound
Slender looks, seamless sound
Want high-quality sound without taking up much space in your room? This pair of Concerta M8 SP2 speakers delivers the kind of open, accurate sound that Revel is known for. Mount them to the wall with the included brackets, or place them on a tabletop or shelf for stealthy sound.
The M8 SP2s are a great option for the front or rear speakers of a low-profile home theater or stereo music system.
The slim design of the M8 SP2s make them ideal for wall-mounting (shown individually with grille off).
Extensive research and sonic testing
During development, Revel's engineers evaluated the M8 SP2s in a variety of on- and near-wall installations, measuring the on- and off-axis response in an anechoic chamber from dozens of different listening angles.
They balanced that with a series of double blind listening tests performed by a panel of experts in the company's Multichannel Listening Lab. The M8 SP2s consistently delivered flat frequency response across an exceptionally wide listening area. That translates to clear, realistic sound in real-world listening rooms.
High-tech woofer and tweeter design
The M8 SP2's woofer and tweeter diaphragms are made of Micro Ceramic Composite (MCC), a proprietary material created by anodizing both sides of an aluminum core. This adds strength and stiffness, but very little weight, which is exactly what you want for accurate sound reproduction.
Add a sub for better bass
If you love hard-hitting thump, add a powered sub to complement the M8 SP2s. This doesn't mean you need to blast your room with bass, but it does give you that extra bit of low-frequency impact that helps bring music and movies alive in your room.
- pair of compact on-wall or tabletop speakers
- 2-way design with rigid aluminum bass reflex enclosure
- 1" MCC (Micro Ceramic Composite) dome tweeter with waveguide for consistent dispersion over a wide listening area
- dual 3" MCC woofers with cast frames for reduced resonance
- frequency response: 110-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- for deep, hard-hitting bass add a powered sub to complement these speakers
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 10-125 watts
- impedance: 8 ohms
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- removable grille is magnetically attached
- includes wall-mounting bracket and hardware
- gloss black finish
- 4-1/4"W x 11-11/16"H x 4-1/2"D
- weight: 3.5 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # REVM8SP2BLK
What's in the box:
- 2 Satellite loudspeakers
- 2 Wall-brackets
- 4 Wall-mount end-caps
- 2 Rubber foot pads
- Owner's Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Revel Concerta M8 SP2
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||3|
|Woofer Composition||Micro Ceramic Composite|
|Frequency Response||110-21k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||24-28|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Concerta Series: The Revel by Harman Concerta series of loudspeakers are voice-matched for use in any combination to build movie and music systems of uncommon realism. The series includes an innovative 3-channel LCR system mounted in a single enclosure (LCR8), a highly capable center channel speaker (C10), a choice of satellite loudspeakers (M8 / M10), and two powered subwoofers (B1 / B8) - all sold separately. There is even a 5 speaker satellite pack (M8 SP5) - also sold separately.
Applications: The Concerta M8 is ideal as an inconspicuous surround loudspeaker or front-channel loudspeaker, whether wall-mounted or placed on a shelf. The M8 can be used to build a home theater or music sound system and fill almost any room with brilliant, distortion-free sound from virtually any amplifier. The Revel Concerta M8 is ideally suited for use with a powered subwoofer (sold separately - see Accessories tab).
Two-Way MCC Driver Design: The M8 satellite loudspeaker utilizes a two-way driver design with one 1" dome tweeter and two 3" cone woofers. The tweeter & woofer diaphragms are constructed of Micro Ceramic Composite (MCC), a new material created by anodizing both sides of an aluminum cone. Anodizing both sides of an aluminum cone adds strength and stiffness, while still allowing it to be lightweight.
- 1" Tweeter w/ CAI Waveguide Technology: The 1" dome tweeter features an underhung voice coil and a ferrofluid magnetic damping and advanced neodymium motor system for optimal performance. Constant Acoustic Impedance (CAI) waveguide technology provides ideal acoustic loading across the tweeter's frequency range, as well as flat response over a wider listening area.
- Dual 3" Woofers: The two 3" Micro Ceramic Composite (MCC) woofer drivers feature die-cast alloy frames, oversized magnetic assemblies with flat spiders and butyl-rubber surrounds.
Note: When using the system in a home theater system, make sure your AV receiver or processor is set to "Small" for the M8 loudspeaker. Some receivers/processors offer a choice of crossover frequencies; select 110Hz as the crossover frequency for the M8 loudspeaker.
High Order Crossover Network: The Concerta M8's high order crossover network features carefully-selected components that contribute to its great performance. The high order crossover network blends the tweeter and woofers together for a smooth, natural sound. This advanced crossover network also dramatically reduces distortion and dynamic compression for clear sound that maintains the same quality over a very wide dynamic range. In addition, this precision crossover network optimizes the speaker's timbral accuracy, enhancing musical enjoyment for listeners who are anywhere in the room, not only those seated on-axis to the loudspeakers.
Rigid Aluminum Ported Enclosure: The Revel Concerta M8 satellite loudspeaker employs a rigid aluminum enclosures that is styled to complement the look of today's flat-panel televisions. There are two front-firing ports for greater efficiency and better midbass response. The speaker enclosure is available in a high gloss black finish with a black cloth grille, or a high gloss white finish with a white cloth grille.
Binding Post Terminals: The M8 satellite loudspeaker features gold-plated binding-posts that provide secure connection for speaker cables terminated with banana plugs (single or dual), spade-lugs, pin-connectors, or bare wire (up to 12AWG). You will need to remove the binding post's plastic inserts in order to use banana plugs.
Mounting & Placement Options: The M8 satellite speaker is designed to be used on a bookshelf or tabletop, or they can be mounted on the wall with the included wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not included). A self-adhesive rubber foot provides safe placement on your furniture without causing any damage and helps to eliminate unwanted vibration. The wall-mount bracket allows you turn the satellite speaker left or right (it does not tilt up or down). Once you have the angle you want, you can tighten the speaker and bracket with the included hex-key. The bracket positions the speaker 0.375" from the wall.
- Front Placement: Position one speaker on the left and another on the right, along either side of the television. The left and right front speakers should each be placed approximately 60-degrees from the main listening position. Make sure to position each speaker so that it is approximately at ear level.
- Surround Placement: Position one surround speaker directly left of the listening position, and another speaker directly right of the listening position. Ideally, the surround speaker should be just as far from the listening position as the front speakers. However, room acoustics and availability of space may not quite allow for this.
- Surround Back Placement: In this application, place the rear surround speakers behind the listening position just a bit off-left and off-right (about 160-degrees and 200-degrees from the listening position).
Note: Only use the wall-mount bracket which comes with this speaker; 3rd party wall-mount brackets are not recommended.
Position-Independent, Double-Blind Listening Tests: Every Revel by Harman loudspeaker is compared head-to-head with competitors' models in a position-independent, double-blind listening facility. True research-quality processes assure the validity of the listening tests, which employ the latest psychoacoustic research.
1 question already asked