About the Revel Concerta M8 SP5
On-wall surround sound from Revel
On-wall surround sound from Revel
Here's a cool solution for folks who want a great-sounding home theater, but don't have gobs of floor space for traditional box speakers. This five-pack of Revel Concerta M8 speakers delivers the kind of open, accurate sound the company is famous for, and it sports a convenient, space-saving design.
Pair this system with a home theater receiver and a subwoofer for spacious sound with movies, music, and sports broadcasts in small- to medium-sized rooms. You can mount the satellites on your walls using the included brackets, or place them on a tabletop or shelf for stealthy surround sound.
The M8 SP5 system includes a center channel speaker cradle for easy placement (speakers shown in Gloss Black).
Extensive research and sonic testing
During development, Revel's engineers evaluated the M8s in a variety of on- and near-wall installations, measuring the on- and off-axis response in an anechoic chamber from dozens of different listening angles.
They balanced that with a series of double blind listening tests performed by a panel of experts in the company's Multichannel Listening Lab. The M8s consistently delivered flat frequency response across an exceptionally wide listening area. That translates to clear, realistic sound in real-world listening rooms.
High-tech woofer and tweeter design
The M8's woofer and tweeter diaphragms are made of Micro Ceramic Composite (MCC), a proprietary material created by anodizing both sides of an aluminum core. This adds strength and stiffness, but very little weight, which is exactly what you want for accurate sound reproduction.
Add a sub to complete your system
Revel designed the M8 SP5 speaker system to be paired with a powered subwoofer for the best sound. Their matching Concerta B8 is an excellent choice for great bass that won't take up a ton of floor space.
My Best powered subwoofers for 2019 article has tips on finding the best model for your room.
- five-channel on-wall or tabletop surround sound speaker system
- four speakers are positioned vertically for your front and surround channels
- one speaker is positioned horizontally as a center channel (includes tabletop cradle)
- 2-way design with rigid aluminum bass reflex enclosure
- 1" MCC (Micro Ceramic Composite) dome tweeter with waveguide for consistent dispersion over a wide listening area
- dual 3" MCC woofers with cast frames for reduced resonance
- frequency response: 110-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- for deep, hard-hitting bass add a powered sub to complement these speakers
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 10-125 watts
- impedance: 8 ohms
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- removable grille is magnetically attached
- includes wall-mounting bracket and hardware
- gloss white finish
- 4-1/4"W x 11-11/16"H x 4-1/2"D
- weight: 3.5 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # REVM8SP5WHT
What's in the box:
- 4 Satellite loudspeakers
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 5 Wall-brackets
- 10 Wall-mount end-caps
- 4 Rubber foot pads
- Center-channel stand
- Owner's Manual
Revel Concerta M8 SP5 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Revel Concerta M8 SP5
Features & specs
|Pieces in System||5|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||3|
|Woofer Composition||Micro Ceramic Composite|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||24-28|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|RMS Power Range (watts)||10-125|
|Subwoofer RMS Power (watts)||Not Given|
|Main Speakers (inches)||11-9/16H x 4-1/4W x 4-5/8D|
|Center Speaker (inches)||4-1/4H x 11-9/16W x 4-5/8D|
|Surround Speakers (inches)||11-9/16H x 4-1/4W x 4-5/8D|
|Subwoofer (inches)||No Subwoofer|
Revel Concerta 5 Speaker Package: The Revel Concerta SP5 is a powerful 5-channel home theater speaker system, featuring four vertically oriented M8 satellite front-channel/surround loudspeakers, and a horizontally oriented center-channel loudspeaker to provide immersive surround sound.
- Optional Powered Subwoofer: Add one or two Revel's Concerta series powered subwoofers (B1 / B8 - both sold separately) for bigger bass performance from your home theater system.
- Optional Surround Back Speakers: Use additional Revel Concerta M8 satellite loudspeakers (sold separately) for surround back speakers to achieve 7.1ch surround sound for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD movie soundtracks.
- Optional In-Wall/In-Ceiling Speakers: Purchase Revel in-wall or in-ceiling speakers (sold separately) to create a 5.1.2 or 5.1.4ch speaker for immersive overhead effects from Dolby Atmos and DTS:X movie soundtracks.
Two-Way MCC Driver Design: Each satellite loudspeaker and the center-channel speaker utilize a two-way driver design with one 1" dome tweeter and two 3" cone woofers. The tweeter & woofer diaphragms are constructed of Micro Ceramic Composite (MCC), a new material created by anodizing both sides of an aluminum cone. Anodizing both sides of an aluminum cone adds strength and stiffness, while still allowing it to be lightweight.
- 1" Tweeter w/ CAI Waveguide Technology: The 1" dome tweeter features an underhung voice coil and a ferrofluid magnetic damping and advanced neodymium motor system for optimal performance. Constant Acoustic Impedance (CAI) waveguide technology provides ideal acoustic loading across the tweeter's frequency range, as well as flat response over a wider listening area.
- Dual 3" Woofers: The two 3" Micro Ceramic Composite (MCC) woofer drivers feature die-cast alloy frames, oversized magnetic assemblies with flat spiders and butyl-rubber surrounds.
Note: When using the system in a home theater system, make sure your AV receiver or processor is set to "Small" for the satellite and center loudspeakers. Some receivers/processors offer a choice of crossover frequencies; select 110Hz as the crossover frequency for these speakers.
High Order Crossover Network: The high order crossover network features carefully-selected components that contribute to its great performance. The high order crossover network blends the tweeter and woofers together for a smooth, natural sound. This advanced crossover network also dramatically reduces distortion and dynamic compression for clear sound that maintains the same quality over a very wide dynamic range. In addition, this precision crossover network optimizes the speaker's timbral accuracy, enhancing musical enjoyment for listeners who are anywhere in the room, not only those seated on-axis to the loudspeakers.
Rigid Aluminum Ported Enclosure: The center and satellite loudspeakers employ rigid aluminum enclosures that are styled to complement the look of today's flat-panel televisions. There are two front-firing ports for greater efficiency and better midbass response. The speaker enclosure is available in a high gloss black finish with a non-removable black cloth grille, or a high gloss white finish with a non-removable white cloth grille.
Binding Post Terminals: The center-channel and satellite loudspeakers feature gold-plated binding-posts that provide secure connection for speaker cables terminated with banana plugs (single or dual), spade-lugs, pin-connectors, or bare wire (up to 12AWG). You will need to remove the binding post's plastic inserts in order to use banana plugs.
Mounting & Placement Options: The center and satellite speakers are designed to be used on a bookshelf or tabletop, or they can be mounted on the wall with the included wall-mount brackets (mounting screws not included). The satellite speakers come with self-adhesive rubber feet that provide safe placement on your furniture without causing any damage and helps to eliminate unwanted vibration. The center speaker comes with a plastic stand that allows you to vertically tilt the speaker upward to a maximum of 18-degrees, or downward to a maximum of 7-degrees. The wall-mount brackets allow you swivel the satellite speakers left or right, and the center speaker can be tilted up or down. Once you have the angle you want, you can tighten the speakers and brackets with the included Hex-key. The brackets position the speakers 0.375" from the wall.
- Front Channel Placement: Position one speaker on the left and another on the right, along either side of the television. The left and right front speakers should each be placed approximately 60-degrees from the main listening position. Make sure to position each speaker so that it is approximately at ear level.
- Center Channel Placement: The dedicated center channel speaker is designed to be placed either just above or below your TV. The center speaker should be positioned horizontally (not vertically).
- Surround Channel Placement: Position one surround speaker directly left of the listening position, and another speaker directly right of the listening position. Ideally, the surround speaker should be just as far from the listening position as the front speakers. However, room acoustics and availability of space may not quite allow for this.
Note: Only use the wall-mount brackets which come with this speaker system; 3rd party wall-mount brackets are not recommended.
Position-Independent, Double-Blind Listening Tests: Every Revel by Harman loudspeaker is compared head-to-head with competitors' models in a position-independent, double-blind listening facility. True research-quality processes assure the validity of the listening tests, which employ the latest psychoacoustic research.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?