About the Thinkware F800PRO
Powered by Sony's Exmor image sensor
Powered by Sony's Exmor image sensor
Prioritize image quality with Thinkware's TW-F800PRO dash cam, which showcases the processing power of Sony's superb Exmor Starvis image sensor. Features like wide dynamic range and super night vision heighten your recorded video's level of detail and accuracy in low-light situations as well as those bothersome overexposed moments. This camera features a 140° lens, loop-recording in 1080p high definition to give you the best possible presentation when the road throws you a curveball. The built-in G-Sensor will detect hard braking or a collision and preserve a complete record of the event that can only be overwritten manually. And with Thinkware's app downloaded on your smartphone, you can review your video footage easily and wirelessly, thanks to the F800PRO's built-in Wi-Fi.
Watching out for you
The dash cam doesn't just record the road ahead, it's also keeping watch to give you an audible forward collision warning if you approach a car too rapidly, a lane departure warning if you veer from your lane, and a camera alert if red light or speed cameras are detected ahead.
Thinkware gives you the tools to monitor your vehicle remotely using their downloadable app, ideal for parents of new drivers or employers with a company fleet. The camera's built-in GPS antenna connects it with Thinkware's cloud, letting you know your vehicle's location and alerting you if your vehicle leaves any geo-fenced area you've created. You'll also receive a notification if the camera's G-sensor has been triggered.
Powering the F800PRO is as simple as plugging the included power adapter into your vehicle's 12-volt power source.
With the optional hardwire kit installed, Thinkware's Parking Surveillance Mode uses battery power to bring the camera to life and start recording when the G-Sensor detects a bump or when the motion sensor is triggered. The camera's time lapse feature reduces video file size by recording at a lower frame rate.
- HD dash cam with driver assistance
- also includes vehicle power cable, adhesive-backed mount, and 32GB microSD card
- Sony Exmor CMOS image sensor
- dash cam records up to 1080p HD video files
- storage capacity: up to 128GB
- driver assistance features include forward collision, lane departure, and red light/speed camera warnings
- 140° wide-angle lens
- built-in G-sensor
- built-in GPS
- built-in Wi-Fi
- dimensions: 4-1/4"W x 1-3/8"H x 2-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TW-F800PRO
What's in the box:
- Dash camera
- Lighter adapter (attached 13' cable)
- Windshield mount with adhesive backing
- 32GB MicroSD card
- Micro-to-SD Card adapter
- Protective case for MicroSD card and card adapter
- USB Adapter (Micro-SD to USB)
- 3 Wire clips with adhesive backing
- Extra adhesive pad
- Quickstart guide (Eng / Span / Fren / Others)
- Customer service information
Thinkware F800PRO reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Thinkware F800PRO
Dashcam: The Thinkware F800PRO dash camera is designed to mount to any windshield and record a wide 140˚ viewing angle of the road ahead. The F800PRO features a 2.13 Megapixel CMOS sensor, for full HD 1080p recordings, and a wide dynamic range that can provide the right exposure and contrast in any type of environment. The dash cam is also designed to work in low light conditions with minimal picture noise.
Recording Modes: The F800PRO supports 4 recording modes for different situational needs:
- Continuous Recording: This mode is automatically activated when the engine is started. Recorded video is saved in a series of one minute clips, with the oldest footage getting overwritten when the included memory card is full.
- Incident Recording: The camera is constantly recording while driving and if the built-in gyro detects an impact, the F800PRO will start saving footage 10 seconds before the collision is detected and 10 seconds afterwards.
- Motion Detection Recording: The
F800PRO monitors the supply voltage to determine if the engine is running. If
not, the unit can automatically switch to Parking Mode, enabling Motion
Detection Recording. In this mode, if the camera detects motion or an
impact, it will save footage 10 seconds prior to and 10 seconds after the
impact. The F800PRO can also detect motion in front of the camera and can
start recording if a person approaches or is lurking around your vehicle.
Along with Motion Detection, the camera includes other handy options while
in Parking Mode:
- Time Lapse: If the vehicle will be parked for long periods of time, power can be conserved by putting the camera into Time Lapse mode. This records video at a rate of 2 frames per second (fps) for 10 minutes, which then gets compressed into a 2 minute long file for storage. If an impact is detected during this time, video is recorded for 100 seconds at a rate of 2 fps, 50 seconds before and 50 seconds after an impact.
- Energy Saving: In this mode the camera monitors impacts to the vehicle, but only records when an impact is detected. At this point, a video is recorded for 20 seconds from within 1 second after detection.
- Manual Recording: Recording can be done by manually pressing the REC button on the back of the camera. This will record from 10 seconds before to 50 seconds after pressing the button.
Note: The F800PRO can only be switched to Parking Mode if the included lighter adapter is powered from a power socket that's NOT controlled by the ignition switch, or if using the optional hardwire kit wired to a constant power source.
Super Night Vision: This mode allows the F800PRO to record bright, high resolution videos while parked at night.
Storage and Filing: All recorded video is stored on the included 32GB MicroSD card. Additional MicroSD cards can be used, up to 128GB. Each of the different types of recording files are stored in folders named for that type of recording, making it easier to review and archive footage. The 4 different storage files include: Continuous Recordings, Continuous Recording Incidents, Manual Recordings, Motion Detection, and Parking Incidents.
Thinkware Cloud: Control and configuration of the dash camera can be managed on your smartphone using the Thinkware Cloud app, available for download from the Apple App and Google Play stores (Android: 4.4, KitKat or higher/ iOS: 8.0 or higher). The smartphone gets connected to the F800PRO via a WiFi connection, allowing you to view recorded files and change menu settings. The Thinkware Cloud app lets you check your vehicle's location and status and will send notifications directly to your compatible iOS or Android smartphone.
Note: Thinkware Cloud uses your smartphone's internet connection to send and receive notifications. Carrier charges may apply.
Other Thinkware Cloud features include:
- Vehicle Location: This feature can help drivers, parents, or fleet managers to find a vehicle's location. The F800PRO features a built-in GPS antenna allowing it to display the vehicle's location, speed, and direction of travel, using Google Maps display. GPS information is updated every 10 seconds.
- Geofencing: This feature allows you to pre-select a geographic zone, that if the vehicle enters or exits, will send a push notification through the Thinkware Cloud. The desired zone radius can be set from approximately 110 feet (100m) up to approximately 373 miles (600km). Up to 20 geofences can be set.
- Driving Impact: In the event of a crash, this feature can help the driver notify other of an emergency situation when the driver is not in a condition to do so. If the vehicle is impacted with a g-force level greater than 3g or 4g while driving, the dash cam will automatically send a push notification alert to all parties logged into the Thinkware Cloud app on their smartphones. A 20 second video of the incident (10 seconds before and 10 seconds after) is saved on the Thinkware Cloud server and a push notification alert of the video is sent out that can be viewed and downloaded from the app.
PC Viewer: Recorded videos can also be viewed and managed from your home computer by downloading the latest PC viewer software found here. System requirements include:
- PC: Windows 7 or higher (64-bit recommended)
- MAC: OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or higher
- Other: DirectX 9.0 or higher, Explorer v. 7.0 or higher
Advanced Driver Assistance System: The F800PRO includes several additional safety features for use while driving:
- Lane Departure Warning System: The dash cam can detect when the vehicle is veering out of its current lane via real-time images.
- Forward Collision Warning System: Can warn the driver of impending road hazards or stopped traffic.
- Safety Camera Alert: Alerts the driver of upcoming speed and red light cameras.
- Camera Type: 2.13 MP Sony Exmor STARVIS
- Camera Resolution: 1080p HD
- Frame Rate: 30 fps.
- Viewing Angle: 140˚ Diagonal
- Operating Temperature: 14˚F - 140˚F
- Storage Capacity: MicroSD card up to 128GB (32GB included)
- Input Power: 12/24VDC
- Dimensions: Width - 4.23", Height - 1.23", Depth - 2.40"
- Weight: 3.79 oz.
2 questions already asked