About the Thinkware FA200
Reliable and always ready
Reliable and always ready
Whether for fun or for extra security, Thinkware's TW-FA200 makes an ideal starter cam. This compact camera mounts nicely on your dash or windshield and loop-records a high-definition, 140° view of the road. A CMOS image sensor and wide dynamic range ensure you'll get a consistently crisp and balanced picture in spite of extreme daylight or darkness. And with Thinkware's app downloaded on your smartphone, you can review your video footage easily and wirelessly, thanks to the FA200's built-in Wi-Fi.
Build the system you need
Thinkware equips the TW-FA200 with an adhesive-backed mount and a vehicle power adapter. If you'd like a more factory look, power the cam with an optional hardwire kit. When you're ready to incorporate rear-view video into your new system, add on an optional second infrared camera inside your vehicle or mount a camera outside your vehicle for additional recorded coverage. And with Thinkware's add-on GPS antenna, your video files will be stamped with time, location, and speed information.
Recording in HD
The Thinkware TW-FA200 starts recording once the engine is turned on and stops when the engine is turned off. This camera's built-in G-Sensor will detect hard braking or a collision, then preserve a complete record of the event that can only be overwritten manually. Video is saved onto the included 16GB microSD™ card, but you can use a microSD™ card with up to 128GB of space if you'd like to expand your video storage.
With the optional hardwire kit installed, Thinkware's Parking Surveillance Mode uses battery power to bring the camera to life and start recording when the G-Sensor detects a bump or when the motion sensor is triggered. The camera's time lapse feature reduces video file size by recording at a lower frame rate.
- HD dash cam
- 140-degree wide angle lens
- CMOS image sensor
- also includes vehicle power adapter, adhesive-backed mount, and 16GB microSD card
- storage capacity: up to 128GB
- resolution: records up to 1080p
- built-in Wi-Fi
- video footage can be viewed via downloadable smartphone app
- photo capture
- dimensions: 3-15/16"W x 1-5/16"H x 15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TW-FA200
What's in the box:
- Dash camera
- Lighter adapter (attached 10' cable)
- Windshield mount with adhesive backing
- 16GB MicroSD card
- Micro-to-SD Card adapter
- Protective case for MicroSD card and card adapter
- 3 Wire clips with adhesive backing
- Extra adhesive pad
- Quickstart guide (English/French)
- Customer service information
Thinkware FA200 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Thinkware FA200
Dashcam: The Thinkware FA200 dash camera is designed to fit behind any rear-view mirror and record a wide 140˚ viewing angle of the road ahead. The FA200 features a 2.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor, for full HD 1080p recordings, and a wide dynamic range that can provide the right exposure and contrast in any type of environment. The dash cam is also designed to work in low light conditions with minimal picture noise.
Recording Modes: The FA200 supports 4 recording modes for different situational needs:
- Continuous Recording: This mode is automatically activated when the engine is started. Recorded video is saved in a series of one minute clips, with the oldest footage getting overwritten when the included memory card is full.
- Incident Recording: The camera is constantly recording while driving and if the built-in gyro detects an impact, the FA200 will start saving footage 10 seconds before the collision is detected and 10 seconds afterwards.
- Motion Detection Recording: The
FA200 monitors the supply voltage to determine if the engine is running. If
not, the unit can automatically switch to Parking Mode, enabling Motion
Detection Recording. In this mode, if the camera detects motion or an
impact, it will save footage 10 seconds prior to and 10 seconds after the
impact. The FA200 can also detect motion in front of the camera and can
start recording if a person approaches or is lurking around your vehicle.
Along with Motion Detection, the camera includes other handy options while
in Parking Mode:
- Time Lapse: If the vehicle will be parked for long periods of time, power can be conserved by putting the camera into Time Lapse mode. This records video at a rate of 2 frames per second (fps) for 10 minutes, which then gets compressed into a 2 minute long file for storage. If an impact is detected during this time, video is recorded for 100 seconds at a rate of 2 fps, 50 seconds before and 50 seconds after an impact.
- Energy Saving: In this mode the camera monitors impacts to the vehicle, but only records when an impact is detected. At this point, a video is recorded for 20 seconds from within 1 second after detection.
- Manual Recording: Recording can be done by manually pressing the REC button on the back of the camera. This will record from 10 seconds before to 50 seconds after pressing the button.
Note: The FA200 can only be switched to Parking Mode if the included lighter adapter is powered from a power socket that's NOT controlled by the ignition switch, or if using the optional hardwire kit wired to a constant power source.
Storage and Filing: All recorded video is stored on the included 16GB MicroSD card. Additional MicroSD cards can be used, up to 128GB. Each of the different types of recording files are stored in folders named for that type of recording, making it easier to review and archive footage. The 4 different storage files include: Continuous Recordings, Continuous Recording Incidents, Manual Recordings, Motion Detection, and Parking Incidents.
Mobile Viewer: Control and configuration of the dash camera can be managed on your smartphone using the Thinkware Cloud app, available for download from the Apple App and Google Play stores (Android: 4.4, KitKat or higher/ iOS: 8.0 or higher). The smartphone gets connected to the FA200 via a WiFi connection, allowing you to view recorded files and change menu settings.
PC Viewer: Recorded videos can also be viewed and managed from your home computer by downloading the latest PC viewer software found here. System requirements include:
- PC: Windows 7 or higher (64-bit recommended)
- MAC: OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or higher
- Other: DirectX 9.0 or higher, Explorer v. 7.0 or higher
Optional Accessories: Two additional ports on the FA200 let you add additional options:
- GPS: An optional GPS antenna (sold separately) can be connected to the FA200 allowing location data to be recorded along with videos, including the current time, vehicle speed, and more.
- Rear-View Camera: Two optional rear-view cameras (sold separately) are available, interior mounted and an exterior mounted, both with infrared capability. A rear-view camera provides additional vehicle security coverage, especially while parked at night.
1 question already asked