About the Thinkware M1
Your rugged witness
Your rugged witness
If you catch major air in the woods and no one else is there to see it, did it actually happen? Thinkware's M1 weatherproof motorsports front- and rear-view camera system ensures your account of off-road adventures is indisputable. With HD video quality and a steady picture thanks to Advanced Electronic Image Stabilization, you'll get the best possible recording of your trailblazing, in spite of bumpy terrain, scorching sunlight, and shadowy woods.
Built to take it
Bring on the dust and mud, Thinkware designed these cameras to handle the harshest conditions life on a motorcycle or ATV offers. With Thinkware's app downloaded on your smartphone, you can review your front and rear video footage easily and wirelessly, thanks to built-in Wi-Fi.
Two HD views
Thinkware equips you with adhesive-backed mounts for both cameras and a main unit that taps vehicle power. Both cameras sport a powerful Sony STARVIS image sensor and Super Night Vision technology for the best picture on the brightest days and the darkest nights. The M1 system starts recording once the engine is turned on and stops when the engine is turned off.
But if you want to be sure you catch that magic moment, Thinkware provides a remote control that's mountable on your handlebars for easy access. The system's built-in GPS antenna logs time, location, and speed information to enhance your epic videos which are saved onto the included 32GB microSD™ card.
- HD dash cam and rear-view cam
- also includes main module, vehicle power adapter, adhesive-backed mount, and 32GB microSD card
- 140° (diagonal) wide angle lens
- Sony STARVIS image sensor (front and rear)
- Night Vision 2.0
- main unit with remote control
- storage capacity: up to 64GB
- built-in Wi-Fi
- built-in GPS antenna
- video footage can be viewed via downloadable smartphone app
- resolution: Full HD (1920 x 1080) for both cameras
- dimensions: 3"W x 1-1/2"H (camera); 4-5/8"W x 2-7/8"H (module)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # M1_NA1_32GB
What's in the box:
- Front camera (attached 69" video cable with proprietary connector)
- Rear camera (attached 50" video cable w/ proprietary connector)
- Main control module (attached remote control on 80" cable / 58" power&ground wires w/ inline 2A mini ATC fuse / two 8.5" camera input cables)
- 2 Adjustable camera mounts with 3M adhesive on bases
- 2 Extra mounting bases with 3M adhesive
- 32GB Micro-SD card
- SD Card adapter
- USB Adapter for micro-SD card
- 2 Allen-keys (4mm / 2.5mm)
- Quickstart guide/warranty information
- Thinkware Cloud QR code card
- Customer service information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Thinkware M1
Cameras: The Thinkware M1 Motorsports Cam system includes 2 rugged, weatherproof cameras designed for motorcycles, scooters, dirt bikes, ATVs, and other powersports vehicles. Both cameras feature a 2.13 Megapixel Sony Starvis sensor with Night Vision 2.0 for enhanced low-light image quality, and can record in full 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080 @30fps). A wide, 140˚ diagonal viewing angle lets you capture more scenery around you. Each camera includes its own heavy-duty mounting bracket with locking tilt-adjustment.
Main Unit&Integrated Remote:
- Main Unit: The heart of the M1 Motorsports Cam is the main control unit that provides the connection for the cameras while recording the video footage from both to the included 32GB micro-SD memory card (up to 64GB supported). The main unit, along with all its integrated cables and connectors, are protected with a heavy rubber coating and rubberized connector covers, making them impervious to mud and rain. The main unit also includes attached power and ground wires for running to a switched power source or battery.
- Remote Control: The main control
unit includes an attached wired remote control that can be mounted on the
handle-bars, via the built-in 80" cable, for easy access to the controls.
- Manual Record: This button lets you capture and store 1 minute of video to the "manual_rec" folder on the memory card.
- Wi-Fi: This lets you connect to a smartphone via the built-in Wi-Fi network for viewing and managing camera settings and recorded video files.
- Microphone: A built-in microphone can be used for recording voice messages.
- Status LED: This will light solid blue when the unit is in Continuous Recording mode and flash blue when in Manual Record mode.
- Continuous Recording: The Thinkware
M1 can be set to automatically start recording as soon as the vehicle is
powered on. Recordings are stored in 1 minute segments, in the "cont_rec"
folder, with the oldest footage getting overwritten when the included 32GB
memory card is full.
- Note: Continuous Recording mode can only be used if the vehicle has an ignition or "keyed" power source to turn the unit on and off.
- Manual Recording: This lets you capture and store 1 minute of video to the "manual_rec" folder on the memory card by pressing the Manual Record button on the Remote Control. The captured video extends 10 seconds before you press the button to 50 seconds after pressing it.
Electronic Image Stabilization: Both of the M1 cameras feature advanced Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) which reduces vibrations while minimizing motion blurring, ensuring smooth, steady recordings, even on rough terrain.
GPS: A built-in GPS antenna lets the M1 keep track of your speed and can display it alongside the video footage.
Storage and Filing: All recorded video is stored on the included 32GB MicroSD card. Additional MicroSD cards can be used, up to 64GB. Each of the different types of recording files are stored in folders named for that type of recording, making it easier to review and archive footage. The 2storage files include: Continuous Recordings and Manual Recordings.
Thinkware Cloud: Control and configuration of the camera system can be managed on your smartphone using the Thinkware Cloud app, available for download from the Apple App and Google Play stores (Android: 4.4, KitKat or higher/ iOS: 8.0 or higher). The smartphone gets connected to the M1 via a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to view recorded files and change menu settings.
Note: Thinkware Cloud uses your smartphone's internet connection to send and receive notifications. Carrier charges may apply.
- Resolution (Both Cameras): 1080p (1920x1080)
- Camera Sensors (Both Cameras): 2.13MP Sony Starvis
- Frame Rate: 30fps.
- Viewing Angle: 140˚ (Diagonal)
- Video Storage: Micro-SD
- Compatible Card Sizes: 32GB (included), 64GB
- GPS Antenna: Built-in
- Video Recording Lengths: 1 Minute segments (Continuous and Manual)
- Operating Temperatures: 14˚F - 140˚F
- Total Cable Lengths:
- Front Camera: 6.46'
- Rear Camera: 4.88'
- Remote Control: 6.7'
2 questions already asked