About the Trackimo® 3G Guardian
Keep tabs on people, pets, and your stuff
Keep tabs on people, pets, and your stuff
When it comes to knowing where your car, child, cat, luggage, or drone is, it's important that your GPS tracker be both convenient to attach and ready to transmit at any time. Trackimo's 3G Guardian GPS tracker is not only extremely lightweight and compact, it offers a generous battery life so you don't have to constantly remember to recharge it. It not only lets you access the current and past whereabouts of your pets or vehicles, it also lets wandering family members or relatives summon you to their location with a handy SOS button which provides their exact coordinates. The Guardian improves upon older Trackimo devices by offering four compatibility modes so it'll be useful just about anywhere around the world.
Works with four types of tracking technology
Trackimo's 3G Guardian doesn't use Bluetooth® technology for tracking purposes, but it can keep tabs on your precious possessions or people in four different ways. It works with both GPS and A-GPS (Assisted GPS), which provides even greater accuracy in areas with a great deal of interference, such as among skyscrapers. It also works with GSM technology, and includes a SIM card so you can track your stuff internationally, as much of the world still uses the GSM network standard. And it employs Wi-Fi® technology to monitor your stuff indoors. You can access the Guardian's location and travel through the Trackimo website or smartphone app.
Keep it close at hand
The Trackimo 3G Guardian comes with a lanyard for attaching to clothing or a backpack, and the included pouch lets you secure it to a pet, belt, or bag with ease. The Guardian weighs a hair over one ounce, so it can travel just about anywhere. The rechargeable battery lasts up to 6 days on a charge in standby mode, and up to 72 hours while tracking.
The Guardian reports and records the bearer's location, direction, speed and travel history. The app and web interface makes it easy to set geo-fence zones and speed limits, so it's especially helpful when you want to know where your teens are driving and how fast they're getting there, or if your special-needs or elderly relative has wandered away without warning. You can track their movements in real time at select time intervals, and see the travel history for each device for up to the previous 5 years. The Trackimo can provide real-time info as long as it's on a 3G (or better) GSM network anywhere in the world.
You can receive text messages or iOS push notifications for special instances involving speed limit violations, location changes, and sudden movement or impact. Trackimo will send alerts so you'll instantly know that your vehicle's being towed, or if Rover's gotten out again — up to 10 free texts per month.
Ideal for unusual vehicles and toys
Not only does the Trackimo 3G Guardian work well for keeping track of your car, truck, or van (including fleet vehicles), it's also a great way to maintain tabs on your bicycle, ATV, scooter, or motorcycle. These vehicles are high-value targets for thieves, and a Trackimo on board can assist the police in recovery efforts. Trackimo also offers an optional drone attachment kit so you can recover your investment if it gets blown off track or ends up in high grass or thick brush.
SOS button for lost people
Even if your child or senior family member can call or text to let you know that they're lost, they might not be able to accurately convey where they are. The Trackimo's SOS button sends a text, email, or app notification right to your phone or computer so you can instantly see where they are on the map screen.
One free year of service and ease of use anywhere
You can track your devices and manage your account via the Trackimo website or the free mobile app for your tablet or smartphone. The web and app interfaces make it easy to keep up with all of your loved ones on one account, which can manage up to 100 devices at once. Trackimo offers a full year of service for free with activation, but a monthly subscription fee of $5 is required to access Trackimo features worldwide over any 3G or GSM network after the first year. You'll need to set up an account online or through the app, but no contracts are required.
Note: Use of GPS tracking devices may be regulated by local, state, or federal law.
- GPS tracking device
- rechargeable battery with up to 6 days of standby power (up to 72 hours in tracking mode)
- SIM card, lanyard, carrying pouch, and USB charging cable
- get updates through smartphone app, text messages, email, or through the website
- establish geo-fence zones and speed limit alerts
- SOS button notifies contacts of location automatically
- track anywhere worldwide via 3G/GSM, Wi-Fi, and GPS/A-GPS satellite signals
- update location tracking manually or in increments from 1 minute to 2 hours
- review location history for up to 5 years
- monthly plan includes lookups, email alerts, text alerts, iOS push notifications, and emergency information
- $5 monthly subscription fee (first year free) no contract required
- manage up to 100 devices on one account
- dimensions: 1-7/8"W x 11/16"H x 1-5/8"D
- weight: 1.06 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # TRKM019-3G
What's in the box:
- GPS Tracking device
- Carrying pouch
- 39" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety and Product Information
Trackimo® 3G Guardian reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Trackimo® 3G Guardian
Overview: The Trackimo Guardian 3G GPS Tracker is a compact device that helps you keep track of people or items you care about. You can attach it to the person or thing you wish to keep track of, and locate them on the Trackimo website or mobile app. The device comes with a carrying pouch, lanyard, and USB charging cable. The device is only 1.61" x 1.85" x 0.67", and weighs about an ounce.
Suggested Uses: There are many uses for the Trackimo Guardian 3G tracker. It is small enough to be worn or carried by children, elderly relatives, or pets, so you can know their whereabouts at any time. You can keep track of valuable items, including luggage, equipment, drones, and vehicles. The tracker can help you quickly locate stolen or lost items. Trackimo's special features, such as geo fencing, move alert, speed alert, and SOS panic button are also helpful for keeping an eye on persons or property.
Technology: Trackimo Guardian 3G uses several technologies to accurately locate and track the device. Outdoors, Trackimo uses GPS (Global Positioning Satellites) to pinpoint its location with 30-150 feet. A-GPS (Assisted GPS) is also used in locations where it's difficult to receive satellite signals. Trackimo uses GSM (Global System for Mobiles) technology and uses the signals from nearby cellular telephone towers to compute your location. GSM can work indoors where GPS cannot. Trackimo uses 3G coverage, when other tracking devices use only 2G. In addition, the device uses Wi-Fi for indoor tracking. The Trackimo Guardian 3G Tracker includes a SIM card with a full year of international worldwide cellular service. After the first 12 months, the service cost is only $5.00 per month.
Special Features: In addition to the standard tracking functionality of the Trackimo Guardian 3G, there are other features that enhance its usefulness:
- SOS Button: The device is equipped with an SOS button that will send an instant alert and location update when it is pressed for more than three seconds. The alert can be received on the app, and by text or email, if enabled. The two buttons flanking the SOS button are called the Left and Right keys. You can create a custom message that is sent out when you press one of the buttons.
- Geo Fence: You can set up a geo fence if you want to limit movement inside or outside a specific perimeter. Using the Trackimo Dashboard, you can "draw" and save the boundaries on a map. Each time the device crosses the line, the tracker triggers an alert. Alerts can be received in the app notifications, email, through SMS texting. A Geo Fence can be used to alert you if your child, elderly relative, or pet leaves the "safe area," or can inform you ahead of time if a family member is close to arriving home after work or school.
- Move Alert: If the device is attached to a bicycle, motorcyle, car, or boat, you will be alerted if the vehicle moves from its location. This feature can inform you if the item is being tampered with, stolen, or used without permission.
- Speed Alert: The Trackimo device can use GPS technology to determine the speed at which it is moving. With the device in a family car or fleet vehicle, you can set a speed alert and receive instant notification when the vehicle exceeds a set speed limit.
On-board Controls: The Trackimo Guardian 3G device has a side-mounted power button to turn the unit on or off. The power button requires a press of at least 5 seconds to prevent accidental power down. Three buttons are located on the front panel, including the SOS button.
Trackimo Dashboard/App: When you log in to the Trackimo website, you have access to the Trackimo dashboard. On the dashboard, you can view the most recent location of the Trackimo device on a map, and see a list of any unread notifications. You can customize the device's button functions, set alarms, and manage your subscription on the dashboard. You can define areas on the map (geo fence) that will function as a virtual fence that triggers an alarm as soon as the device crosses the boundary. The Trackimo mobile app also lets you monitor and track your Trackimo GPS device on your smartphone or tablet. The app will display the current location of the device on a map or satellite view. You'll also be able to see the location history, alarm notifications, and other alerts. The Trackimo app is available for iOS devices (requires iOS 10.0 or later) and Android devices (requires Android 4.2 and up).
Device Location Updates: In the Trackimo dashboard, you can adjust the frequency of the location updates from the device. You can choose from 120 minutes, 30 minutes, 5 minutes, or 1 minute, or you can update the location manually. The longer the interval between updates, the longer the battery life.
Rechargeable Battery: The Trackimo 3G GPS Tracker is powered by a built-in 520mA rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery. A fully charged battery typically lasts 48-72 hours per charge during tracking activity. Standby time is typically over 144 hours. The battery charges via USB (cable included) from your computer or a USB adapter. Initially, the battery should be charged for about 12 hours. Subsequent charges are typically about 8 hours.
Trackimo Account: You will need to set up an account and register your device when you activate it. The first year of service is included in the purchase price, and the monthly service is only $5.00 per month after the first 12 months. You can manage and add up to 100 devices to one account, so they are good for businesses with a fleet of vehicles. Up to 5 years of each device's history can be viewed at any time. You can add email addresses or SMS text alerts to your account, so when an alert is received, you (and others) can receive the alert.