About the Epson Home Cinema 5050UBe
Gorgeous projected images, easy wireless hookup
Gorgeous projected images, easy wireless hookup
Epson's Home Cinema 5050UBe combines the convenience of wireless HDMI with the ability to play 4K content. These powerful features are paired with Epson's clever pixel-shifting technology to deliver eye-popping picture detail. Add the 5050UBe to your home theater and enjoy a picture that approaches the quality of native 4K projectors for a much lower price.
Cabling issues solved!
If you've ever run a long HDMI cable through your walls or ceiling, you know how challenging a task that can be. The 5050UBe uses wireless HDMI technology to eliminate the need for a long cable run. Plug your video sources into the included transmitter module, which you'll place near your components. The transmitter sends HDMI signals to the projector, which has a wireless receiver built into the front. It's neat, easy, and effective.
Impressive picture detail and depth, for life-sized realism
Epson's 4K Enhancement Technology shifts each pixel diagonally by half a pixel and combines the two images to provide a sharper picture. This allows the 5050UBe to render 4K content clearly with stunning detail and lifelike textures. This projector accepts native 4K content, including movies and shows encoded with HDR.
But there's much more to this projector's story than its impressive picture detail. Epson developed dedicated processors to handle the most critical aspects of image quality. First, a 4K Resolution Enhancement processor works with the pixel-shifting hardware to produce images that really grab you — even when it's upconverting non-4K material.
Real-time 12-bit video processing ensures smooth tonal transitions, while eliminating banding, blocking and other compression artifacts common to streamed video sources. The resulting picture displays refined color accuracy, whether the on-screen tones are deeply saturated or subtle.
Experience a big improvement in projection HDR
Movies and TV shows encoded with HDR offer an expanded range of color and contrast when displayed through a compatible projector like the 5050UBe. There's lots of of HDR-encoded 4K movies and shows available from streaming services like Netflix® and Amazon Instant Video. Since the 5050UBe has no built-in web apps, you'll need to connect a 4K media streamer to explore this great-looking content. Of course, for the large images of projector systems, the ultimate 4K/HDR source is an Ultra HD Blu-ray player.
Even much more expensive native 4K projectors can't keep up with top-notch 4K TVs when it comes to displaying the dramatic contrast extremes of HDR-enhanced content. But Epson developed new tone mapping capabilities for the 5050UBe, and the enhanced picture quality with 4K/HDR sources is startling. Epson's new Precision HDR Adjustment lets you fine-tune the HDR curve and see the results in real time. And full 10-bit HDR color processing faithfully reproduces HDR's expanded color gamut.
Loads of light for bright rooms, enough control for dark rooms
Many high-performance projectors are designed for use in darkened or dimly lit rooms. That's fine if you have a dedicated home theater, but if you don't it can be a limitation. The 5050UBe has loads of light power so it's ideal for real-world family rooms, home theaters with really big screens, and situations where others in the room need to keep some lights on.
The 5050UBe's high brightness also comes in handy for 3D viewing since 3D glasses tend to dim the picture a bit. Thanks to its dedicated 3D picture settings, you can enjoy a gorgeous 3D picture without changing the settings for watching in 2D.
If you're able to make your room really dark, you'll want to try one of the projector's lower light settings, like "Cinema," and turn on the auto iris feature, which optimizes black level and contrast for every scene.
Flexible placement and hookup options
For spontaneous or "event" viewing, the 5050UBe sets up easily on a table or shelf. Front-mounted air intake and exhaust vents let you place the projector close to a rear wall, if necessary. Or you can use an optional ceiling mount for a more permanent installation.
Powered horizontal and vertical lens shift allow you to position the projector off-center and still get a perfectly true image.
For the best picture quality from this 4K-compatible projector, we recommend using a 4K-rated projector screen.
- wireless HDMI connectivity provides high-definition picture quality for both 2D and 3D without running a cable between your video source and the projector
- wireless receiver is built into front of projector; wireless transmitter module connects to video sources via HDMI (wireless range is 32 feet; the signal is infrared and the projector and transmitter must be in the same room)
- 3-LCD, 3-chip projection technology
- 1080p native resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) with Epson PRO-UHD™ 4K Enhancement Technology
- 4K Enhancement Technology shifts each pixel diagonally by half a pixel to provide a more detailed, higher-resolution image than 1080p
- accepts 4K Ultra HD video sources
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HLG) for extended contrast and brightness with HDR content
- Precision HDR Adjustment — realtime HDR curve adjustment allowing for 16-step control to fine-tune the HDR performance
- full 10-bit color processing delivers 100% of the DCI-P3 color gamut
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio (can also display 4:3 material)
- recommended image size: 50" to 300"
- light output: 2600 lumens
- Epson UltraBlack™ technology suppresses light leakage, enables 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- auto iris enhances contrast and black levels
- Frame Interpolation reduces motion judder (not available when pixel shift is in use)
- Super Resolution detail enhancement improves the look of standard-definition video
- 3D-ready with built-in RF emitter (Epson ELPGS03 active 3D glasses sold separately; resolution is Full HD in 3D mode)
Lens and Image Adjustments:
- 15-element all-glass lens designed specifically for 4K/HDR content
- Extra Low Dispersion Glass optics for outstanding image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity
- lens has 2.1X zoom capability (powered zoom/focus)
- lens shift image adjustment (powered, horizontal and vertical)
- program up to 10 preset powered focus positions
- 6 HDMI 2.0 inputs (2 on projector, 4 on wireless transmitter)
- PC input
- Ethernet port for a wired network connection
- 2 USB ports (one is for an optional HDMI cable with power supply; the other is for firmware update and an optional Wi-Fi module with power supply)
- miniUSB port for software updates
- Toslink optical digital audio output on transmitter module for use with non-HDMI A/V receivers
- RS-232C port for external control of the projector via compatible computer or third-party control device
- 12-volt trigger output for controlling a motorized screen
- 250-watt UHE lamp (lasts up to 5000 hours in Eco mode)
- ultra-quiet cooling fan (20 dB in Eco mode)
- powered retractable lens cap protects lens when projector is not in use
- illuminated remote control
- detachable power cord
- can be placed on a tabletop or ceiling-mounted (mounting bracket sold separately)
- 20-1/2"W x 7-5/8"H x 17-3/4"D
- weight: 25.1 lbs.
- wireless transmitter: 6-15/16"W x 2-11/16"H x 7-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years parts & labor in-home or carry-in service (90 days on lamp)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- this projector does not include any type of built-in TV tuner
- MFR # V11H931020
What's in the box:
- Video projector
- WirelessHD transmitter
- AC power adapter (attached 57" DC cord)
- 10' AC power cord
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 2 HDMI cable clamps
- Back-cover (pre-installed)
- Quick Setup
- Supplier's Declaration of Conformity
- Notes on the WirelessHD Transmitter
- Extra Care Home Service brochure
Epson Home Cinema 5050UBe reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Epson Home Cinema 5050UBe
Features & specs
|Native Resolution (pixels)||1920 x 1080|
|Resolution with Pixel Shift||4K Enhanced (4.1 million pixels)|
|Picture Size Range||50 to 300 inches|
|3D-Capable||Active (emitter built in)|
|Aspect Ratio||16:9, 4:3|
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)||2600|
|Ultra Short Throw||No|
|HDR (High Dynamic Range)|
|Next-gen Gaming Features|
|VRR (Variable Refresh Rate)||No|
|ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)||No|
|4K/120Hz HDMI Inputs||None|
|Smart TV Features|
|Apple TV App||No|
|Apple AirPlay 2||No|
|Audio Return Channel||No|
|Wireless HDMI Input||Yes|
|USB Media Port||Service/Updates|
|Approximate Lamp Life||4000 hrs (5000 ECO)|
|Bulb Wattage||250 watts|
|Vertical Lens Shift||Yes|
|Horizontal Lens Shift||Yes|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||No|
|Fan Noise||31dB(Norm) 20dB(ECO)|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Type of Warranty Service||In-home or Carry-in|
3LCD/3-Chip Projector Design: The Home Cinema 5050UBe projector utilizes Epson's own 3LCD, 3-chip technology for incredible color accuracy, brightness, and image detail to faithfully display content the way it was meant to be seen - on the big screen with bright, full color and stunning resolution. 3LCD's 3-chip architecture dedicates an entire chip to process each primary color - red, green, and blue, continuously (displays 100% of the RGB color signal for every frame). Unlike single-chip technology that delivers color sequentially, you get full-time color. The result is vibrant, realistic images and video all delivered with 3LCD's true-to-life color.
- True-to-Life Colors: 3LCD delivers up to 3x brighter colors in comparison with 1-chip DLP projectors. Color Brightness (Color Light Output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color Brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. Additionally, 3LCD projectors have up to 3x Wider Color Gamut than 1-chip DLP projectors. With its 3-chip design, 3LCD delivers clear and vibrant images that are true-to-life. In contrast to 3-chip 3LCD projectors, 1-chip DLP projectors use a rotating color wheel that spins at a rapid speed, only displaying colors sequentially, which can result in color break-up or the "rainbow effect".
- Greater Detail & Contrast: 3LCD projection efficiently uses light to project to the screen with no color disruption. 3LCD technology delivers sharper and brighter images with superior grayscale detail. Grayscale is the shades of gray (from black to white) required for greater image depth and detail; it allows greater variation in shadows and brings superior accuracy to color, creating a jaw-dropping, true-to-life visual experience
- Energy Efficient: 3LCD projection technology uses light efficiently to create stunning images. In contrast to 1-chip technology, 3LCD requires 25% less electricity per lumen of brightness. 1-chip projectors use a color wheel, which leads to an inefficient design, thereby causing light loss. 3LCD does not rely on a color wheel. On average, 3LCD projectors are 25% more energy efficient.
- Simple & Reliable Design: 3LCD systems are reliable and use a simple optical design which includes 3 chips and 1 prism. Light flows seamlessly through the system to produce brilliant on-screen colors and sharp images every time.
Digital Imaging Processor: The Epson Home Cinema 5050UBe offers features full 10-bit color output and real-time 12-bit analog-to-digital video processing for smooth tonal transitions, while helping to eliminate banding, blocking, and other compression artifacts from the final visual performance. This powerful processor faithfully reproduces the source material the way it was intended to be shown.
Auto Iris: The Auto Iris system constantly controls the light output based on the gamma and black/white levels of the projected content to give you perfectly adjusted images and deepest blacks. Using the remote, you can select either Normal or High Speed to indicate how quickly you would like the projector to respond to changes in the brightness of the image.
Outstanding Brightness & UltraBlack Technology: The Epson Home Cinema 5050UBe is capable of displaying 4K content at an incredible 2,600 lumens for both color and white brightness. This not only provides for a wider performance envelope, but allows for an exceptional HDR performance. The 5050UBe also uses a proprietary compensation filter (UltraBlack Technology) that is designed to control the polarization of light itself. This allows the projector to suppress any light leakage within the signal, producing an outstanding Dynamic Contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1.
Native 1080p Resolution with 4K PRO-UHD2 Resolution Enhancement Technology: The Home Cinema 5050UBe has a native resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080) and utilizes Epson's 4K PRO-UHD2 resolution enhancement technology to deliver astonishing picture quality with every subtle intricacy is captured. Epson's 4K PRO-UHD2 resolution enhancement technology is an advanced, high performance optical engine that shifts each pixel diagonally by 0.5 pixels to double the resolution and surpass Full HD image quality, as well as generates high color and white brightness, color accuracy, and dramatic contrast. The 5050UBe supports 4K HDR content at a full 60Hz for outstanding display of the latest 4K HDR content and next-generation gaming hardware.
- HDR Processor: Full 10-bit HDR color processing accepts 100% of the HDR source information to faithfully reproduce HDR content for an exceptional visual performance.
- Precision HDR Adjustment: Real-time HDR curve adjustment allows for 16-steps of control to fine-tune the HDR performance, regardless of the content.
Note: Epson's 4K Pro-UHD2 Enhancement Technology can only produce 4.1 million pixels by doubling the native 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, achieving less than half of the required 8.3 million pixels for true 4K resolution.
HDMI 2.0: The projector is outfitted with two HDMI 2.0 inputs that support 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 4K/60Hz video signals. Because the 5050UBe only has a native resolution of 1080p, it uses Epson's 4K PRO-UHD2 resolution enhancement technology to upscale non-4K images to ultra-HD 4K. In addition, the projector features a USB-A (300mA) port for connecting an optical HDMI cable that requires USB power.
- HDCP 2.2 Compliant: HDCP 2.2 is supported by the projector's HDMI 1 input only (the second HDMI input on the projector and all the HDMI inputs/output of the WirelessHD Transmitter do not support HDCP 2.2). HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players, 4K Satellite/Cable providers, and ultra high definition online video services.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): The 5050UBe supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) video which reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. The projector is compatible with HDR10 and HLG (does not support Dolby Vision).
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: The HDMI inputs will support up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of 4K video (30/60fps). With 4:4:4 color, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The projector is compatible with the new BT.2020 color standard which delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
WirelessHD Transmitter: The Home Cinema 5050UBe allows you to wirelessly stream Full-HD 1080p and ultra-HD 4K content (non HDCP 2.2 and non HDR content only) from video source devices to the projector. The supplied WirelessHD transmitter operates via infrared and should be placed within 32' of direct line of sight of the projector.
- 4 HDMI Inputs: The WirelessHD Transmitter's four HDMI inputs support 48do not support the latest HDCP 2.2 copyright protection for 4K ultra-HD content, so they will not support 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 4K/30Hz video content (non HDCP 2.2 / non HDR content only). The HDMI 4 Input on the WirelessHD Transmitter is MHL compatible for connection of select Android smartphones and tablets (some devices may require a separate adapter; not all features or functions may be supported).
- HDMI & Optical Output: In addition to its 4 HDMI inputs, the WirelessHD Transmitter is equipped with an HDMI output and optical digital output to connect the transmitter's connected sources to your TV (the WirelessHD transmitter only outputs 2ch audio).
- The WirelessHD Transmitter's HDMI jacks do not support the latest HDCP 2.2 copyright protection for 4K ultra-HD content, so they will not support 4K content from satellite/cable providers, online video services, and Blu-ray disc which are copyright protected with HDCP 2.2.
- The WirelessHD Transmitter does not support HDR (High Dynamic Range) video.
- If you're using an AV receiver, the preferred hookup is to connect your AV sources to your home theater receiver first, then go out from the receiver to the WirelessHD transmitter, and then to the TV. This configuration allows you to retain multichannel playback, since the WirelessHD transmitter downconverts multichannel audio to 2-channel.
PC Input: You can also connect your Windows or Mac computer to the projector via VGA (D-Sub, 15-pin). The Projector's VGA input will support 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x768, 1366x768, 1280x800, 1280x960, 1280x1024, and 1600x900 video images.
Image Settings: Settings on the Image menu let you adjust the aspect ratio, color, and quality of your image for the input source you are currently using. The available settings depend on the currently selected input source.
- Aspect Ratio: You can select the following image aspect ratios, depending on the input signal from your image source. Black bands and cropped images may project in certain aspect ratios, depending on the aspect ratio and resolution of your input signal.
- Auto: Automatically sets the aspect ratio according to the input signal.
- Normal: Displays images using the full projection area and maintains the aspect ratio of the image.
- Zoom: Displays images using the full width of the projection area and maintains the aspect ratio of the image.
- Full: Displays images using the full width of the projection area, but does not maintain the aspect ratio.
- Color Modes: The Home Cinema 5050UBe offers six color modes to optimize viewing for different environments and image content. The Color Mode adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for the best possible picture. A different color mode can be selected for each input source.
- Dynamic: For projecting the brightest picture available (2D or 3D).
- Cinema: For viewing movies in a dark room (2D or 3D).
- Bright Cinema: For viewing movies in a room with closed curtains. (2D only).
- Digital Cinema: Projects using the same color spectrum as digital movie theaters (2D only).
- Natural: For projecting natural, accurate colors in a dimly lit room (2D only).
- B&W Cinema: For black and white movies projected in a dark room (2D only).
- Fine Tune Picture: If the image colors don't look correct, you can adjust them using the following settings.
- Color Convergence (Panel Alignment): You can use the Panel Alignment feature to manually adjust the color convergence (the alignment of the red, green and blue colors) in the projected image.
- Color Tone (Color Uniformity): You can use the Color Uniformity feature to manually adjust the color tone balance in the projected image.
- Manual Adjustments: You can manually adjust the images Brightness, Contrast, Color Saturation, Tint, Sharpness, and Color Temperature.
- Image Enhancements: Use the projector's Image Enhancements to further enhance the projected video image.
- Frame Interpolation: This setting compares the current and previous frames, then creates a frame between them to reduce fuzziness and produce clearer moving images. You can select from 3 levels of frame interpolation.
- Super Resolution: This setting sharpens blurred images, enhancing the apparent detail of the image. You can select from 3 levels of enhancement. Note that intentionally blurred parts of the image, such as out-of-focus backgrounds, may become sharper. This feature is not available when projecting 3D.
- Detail Enhancement: Enhances details to create clear outlines for sharper and more refined images that are more lifelike. This feature is not available when projecting 3D.
- Noise & MPEG Noise Reduction: This setting reduces flickering of analog images, as well as reduces the noise or artifacts seen in MPEG video.
3D-Ready: Epson's advanced Bright 3D Drive technology enhances the brightness giving you theater-quality 3D images in your home. To view 3D content, you must first connect a 3D-compatible video device to one of the HDMI ports. You will also need a pair of Epson RF Active Shutter 3D glasses (sold separately) for each viewer. The projector supports 720p, 1080i, and 1080p 3D video (3D video is not supported in 4K).
Lamp, Lens & Installation
Projection Lamp (Fan Cooled): The projector uses a 250-watt Ultra High Efficiency (UHE) lamp with a life span of approximately 4000 hours in the Normal mode, 5000 hours in ECO mode, or 3500 hours in High mode. The lamp (Part # V13H010L89) and air filter (Part # V13H134A39) are the only user-serviceable parts. The projection lamp is kept cool by a fan. The fan noise level is 31dB in Normal mode and 20dB in ECO mode. If the projector is to be used at an altitude above 4921 feet (1500 meters), the High Altitude Mode should be turned on so the fan can properly cool the projector at the high altitude air pressure.
3-Axis Motorized Epson Precision Lens: Designed for zero-light-leakage, the Epson Precision Lens utilizes a proprietary 15-element precision glass structure for outstanding image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity. You can make zoom, focus, and lens shift adjustments; you store all the settings in one of ten lens memory presets.
- Focus & Zoom: The lens offers a powered optical zoom and powered focus with a F-number of 2.0-3.0, Focal Length of 22.5-46.7mm, and Zoom Ratio of 1-2.1.
- Lens Shift: If the projected image is not centered in front of the screen, you can correct the position of the image using the vertical and horizontal lens shift dials on the top of the projector. After installation, you can shift the lens up to 96% up or down on the vertical axis and up to 47% left or right on the horizontal axis.
- Keystone Correction: The vertical keystone buttons, located on the side of the projector, can correct the shape of the image, if it is not rectangular. Adjustable from -30° to + 30°. The unit does not have a horizontal keystone adjustment.
Projection Image & Distance: The Home Cinema 5050UBe projector can produce an image that is adjustable from 50" to 300" (measured diagonally). The projector's adjustable lens provides a wide range of placement possibilities (from 58" to 748") for a given screen size. The distance at which you place the projector from the screen determines the approximate size of the image. The image size increases the farther the projector is from the screen, but can also vary depending on the zoom factor, aspect ratio, and other settings.
|Aspect Ratio||Screen Or Image Size||Projection Distance (wide to tele)|
|16:9||50"||58 - 123"|
|60"||70 - 148"|
|80"||94 - 198"|
|100"||118 - 248"|
|150"||178 - 373"|
|200"||238 - 498"|
|250"||297 - 623"|
|300"||357 - 748"|
Mounting Options: The 5050UBe video projector offers flexibile mounting options, while the WirelessHD transmitter requires direct line of sight to the projector.
- Video Projector: The Home Cinema 5050UBe can be placed on a tabletop or inverted and mounted on the ceiling. It can be used for front or rear projection. For tabletop use, you can adjust the image position by raising or lowering the front feet. For ceiling mounting, you will need an optional projector ceiling mount (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). Nine 4mm threaded screw holes are provided on the bottom for a ceiling mount. A commercially-available Kensington security lock can be attached to the unit to prevent theft when installed in a public location.
- WirelessHD Transmitter: The supplied WirelessHD transmitter operates via infrared and should be placed within 32' of direct line of sight of the projector. The WirelessHD transmitter cannot transmit signals and communicate through walls or other objects. Ensure there is a clear line of sight between the projector and the WirelessHD transmitter. Do not place the WirelessHD transmitter in a cabinet with a glass door. Glass will also block or diminish the signal strength.
Remote + App Control
IR Remote: In addition to the control panel, the projector can be controlled by the supplied wireless remote control, which has a range of approximately 32'. The projector has infrared receivers on the front and rear to give you control from most anywhere in the room.
HDMI Link: When you connect HDMI CEC-compatible devices, such as an AV receiver or Blu-ray player, to the projector via HDMI cables, you can control them using the HDMI-Link control buttons on the projector's remote control. You can register the devices you want to operate in the HDMI Link section of the projector's menu.
Ethernet Jack: The 5050UBe's Ethernet (RJ-45) jack allows you to connect the projector to your network and control it from a compatible web browser (Internet Explorer 8.0 or later & Safari) on your computer. To use the projector over a wireless network, install the Epson 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN module (sold separately) into the projector's USB (type-A) port.
RS-232C Port: There is also a RS-232C port for connecting the projector to a 3rd party A/V controller or automation system (sold separately).
Trigger Output: The projector has a 3.5mm Trigger Output port which delivers a 12-volt signal (max 200 mA) to lower your motorized projector screen while the projector is powered on.
Epson iProjection App: Epson iProjection is an intuitive mobile projection app for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.0+. Epson iProjection makes it easy to project images and files wirelessly from your compatible mobile device to the Epson projector. You'll be able to move about the room and effortlessly display content from your Apple iOS or Android device on the big screen. The projector will need to be connected to the same home network as your compatible mobile device via its Ethernet port. Key features include -
- QR code easy pairing is now supported.
- Display documents loaded in the Epson iProjection app on your mobile device.
- Display web pages and images stored in the "Photo" library of your mobile device.
- Use the built-in projector remote control feature to control input sources, AV mute, freeze, audio settings, operate menu, zoom by finger with Touchpad and more.
- Send files from your email or cloud storage apps to the iProjection app.
- Marker function enables highlighting and annotation of projected photos and documents and also saving annotation to your device
- Supported Formats & Activities: Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx, Office 2003 or later), Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx, Office 2003 or later), Microsoft Excel (.xls, .xlsx, Office 2003 or later), Keynote (.key), Adobe PDF(v1.7) (.pdf, Acrobat 8 compatible or later), .JPG, and .PNG.
- Activities Not Supported: The Epson iProjection app does not support video playback, PowerPoint and Keynote animations, or mirroring.
Firmware & Software Updates (via USB): You can download files to update the software of the unit from Epson's Online Support Site. Simply copy the downloaded files to a USB thumbdrive, then insert the USB thumbdrive into the USB port of the projector and perform the update.
Warranty and Extra Care Home Service: The projector is covered by a 2-year parts and labor warranty, while the lamp is covered for 90 days. Included with the warranty, Epson offers Extra Care Home Service. A replacement unit (in most cases, a refurbished unit) will be shipped to you immediately. (A credit card is required for security deposit.) If it's important that you receive your original projector back, you should use the basic carry-in service instead of Home Service.
The Epson Home Cinema 5050UBe replaces these items
- 3D-ready home theater projector accepts 4K Ultra HD video sources
- pixel-shifting 4K Enhancement Technology produces a more detailed, higher-resolution image than 1080p
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10) for extended contrast and brightness with HDR content