About the Epson EpiqVision™ Mini EF11
Compact and versatile
Compact and versatile
I've seen a number of projectors labeled "portable," but very few can be carried around in one hand like Epson's new Mini EF11. Their previous compact model was nearly twice the size of this one. But Epson has managed to fit some premium technology into this clean, compact design, including their MicroLaser Array and a trio of high-definition LCD imaging chips. That means you can project a bright, colorful 1080p picture almost anywhere you can run a power cord.
There's a single HDMI input for connecting your source, like a Blu-ray player or a laptop. Or, simply connect a streaming stick and use the adjacent USB port to power it. That port can also be used to display photos from a connected camera or storage device.
The EF11 has a built-in two-way speaker, but if you want a little more, use the minijack audio output to connect to headphones or a pair of powered speakers.
- 3LCD, 3-chip technology with HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio (can also display 4:3 material)
- scene-based color correction for clear, natural picture
- color modes: dynamic, vivid, bright cinema, natural, cinema
- recommended image size: 30" to 150"
- throw ratio of 1:1
- light output: 1000 lumens
- 200,000:1 contrast ratio
- vertical keystone correction: +/- 34° (auto)
- horizontal keystone correction: +/- 40° (manual)
- 1 HDMI input
- stereo minijack output for connecting headphones or external speakers
- USB-A input for firmware updates and projecting files from cameras or USB storage devices
- can be used as 5V/2A power supply
- USB-B port for service only
- detachable power cord
- built-in two-way mono speaker system (1.5 watts)
- multi-array laser diode (lasts up to 20,000 hours in normal/quiet mode)
- quiet cooling fan (22-27 dB)
- remote control with operating distance of 16.4 feet
- projection method: front, rear, upside down
- 8-1/8"W x 2-5/8"H x 7"D
- weight: 2.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- this projector does not include any type of built-in TV tuner
- MFR # V11HA23020
What's in the box:
- Laser projector
- AC power supply (attached 57" DC cord)
- 39" AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Quick Setup Guide
- Information Regarding Waste and Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Epson EpiqVision™ Mini EF11
Features & specs
|Resolution (pixels)||1920 x 1080|
|Approximate Lamp Life||20,000 hrs|
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)||1000|
|Vertical Lens Shift||No|
|Horizontal Lens Shift||No|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Type of Warranty Service||In-Home or Carry_in|
|Wireless HDMI Input||No|
|Component Video Inputs||None|
|Composite Video Inputs||None|
|USB Media Port|
MicroLaser Array Projection Technology: The Epson EpiqVision EF-11 utilizes a unique multi-array laser diode technology that produces an exceptional level of brightness, while significantly enhancing black density. Based on this unique Epson MicroLaser Array Technology, the projector is capable of producing an incredibly bright and colorful image up to 150" on virtually any wall or dedicated screen. The Epson EF-11 mini-laser projector has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080.
- With its long-lasting maintenance-free laser light source, there is no need for frequent projector lamp changes for the lifespan of the projector. The laser light source can last up to 20,000 hours or everyday for ten years (based on watching content for five hours every day with the projector in Eco mode).
- Do not look into the lens during projection. Also, do not look into the lens using optical devices, such as a magnifying glass or telescope. This could cause visual impairment. When turning on the projector at a distance using the remote control, make sure no one is looking into the lens.
3-Chip LCD Technology: The EF-11 mini-laser projector also incorporates Epson's 3-chip LCD technology for amazing color, incredible detail and solid reliability. 3LCD's 3-chip architecture dedicates an entire chip to process each primary color - red, green, and blue, continuously. Unlike single-chip technology that delivers color sequentially, you get full-time color. The result is vibrant, realistic images and video all delivered with 3LCD's true-to-life color.
- True-to-Life Colors: 3LCD delivers up to 3x brighter colors in comparison with 1-chip DLP projectors. Color Brightness (Color Light Output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color Brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. Additionally, 3LCD projectors have up to 3x Wider Color Gamut than 1-chip DLP projectors. With its 3-chip design, 3LCD delivers clear and vibrant images that are true-to-life. In contrast to 3-chip 3LCD projectors, 1-chip DLP projectors use a rotating color wheel that spins at a rapid speed, only displaying colors sequentially, which can result in color break-up or the "rainbow effect".
- Greater Detail & Contrast: 3LCD projection efficiently uses light to project to the screen with no color disruption. 3LCD technology delivers sharper and brighter images with superior grayscale detail. Grayscale is the shades of gray (from black to white) required for greater image depth and detail; it allows greater variation in shadows and brings superior accuracy to color, creating a jaw-dropping, true-to-life visual experience
- Energy Efficient: 3LCD projection technology uses light efficiently to create stunning images. In contrast to 1-chip technology, 3LCD requires 25% less electricity per lumen of brightness. 1-chip projectors use a color wheel, which leads to an inefficient design, thereby causing light loss. 3LCD does not rely on a color wheel. On average, 3LCD projectors are 25% more energy efficient.
- Simple & Reliable Design: 3LCD systems are reliable and use a simple optical design which includes 3 chips and 1 prism. Light flows seamlessly through the system to produce brilliant on-screen colors and sharp images every time.
High Brightness, Color, & Contrast: The projector's laser light source delivers bright and vibrant images even in daylight, with no need to turn the lights off or close the windows. Its capable of displaying high-definition content at an exceptional 1,000 lumens of brightness (for both color & white) with a high contrast ratio of 200,000:1, as well as reproduce up to 16.77 million colors with outstanding accuracy and vibrancy for an exceptionally rich and vivid picture.
Note: Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
High-Definition Mini-Cinema Lens: The Epson EF-11 features a high-definition mini-cinema lens for exceptional image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity. It features digital zoom (controllable from remote) and manual focus (controllable from projector). The Epson EF-11 mini-laser projector can produce an image that is adjustable from 30" to 150" (measured diagonally). The projection distance (distance from lens to screen) range is only 2.2' to 11'.
|Screen Or Image Size (16:9 Aspect Ratio)||Projection Distance (wide to tele)|
|30"||26" to 35"|
|40"||35" to 47"|
|50"||43" to 59"|
|60"||52" to 71"|
|70"||61" to 83"|
|80"||70" to 95"|
|90"||79" to 108"|
|100"||88" to 120"|
Note: The distance at which you place the projector from the screen determines the approximate size of the image. The image size increases the farther the projector is from the screen.
Image Correction: You can project an evenly rectangular image by placing the projector directly in front of the center of the screen and keeping it level. If you place the projector at an angle to the screen, or tilted up or down, or off to the side, you may need to correct the image shape for the best display quality by using Keystone Correction or Quick Corner.
- Keystone Correction: When you turn on automatic keystone correction in the projector's Settings menu, the projector automatically corrects vertical keystone effects when you reposition the projector. You can also manually adjust the vertical and horizontal Keystone to correct the shape of the image, if it is not rectangular.
- Quick Corner Setting: You can use the projector's Quick Corner setting to correct the shape and size of an image that is unevenly rectangular on all sides.
Note: To provide the best possible image quality, adjust the projector's position to correct the image shape before using Keystone Correction or Quick Corner.
HDMI 1.4 Input: The Epson EF-11 is outfitted with one HDMI 1.4 input with support for 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i video signals; as well as 2ch PCM audio.
Screen Mirroring via Miracast: Miracast technology allows you to quickly connect your Windows PC (8.1+) or Android device (OS 4.2+) to the Epson mini-laser projector and stream or mirror Full HD content including movies, videos, photos and music - all without a single cable or network router.
USB-A Port: The Espon EF-11 is equipped with a USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a USB thumbdrive or HDD. Some HDD's will require an external AC power adapter. The EF-11 supports playback of audio, video, and photo files on a compatible USB MSC device. The USB device must be formatted in FAT 16 or 32. The USB-A port is not compatible with USB hubs, card-readers, Apple iOS devices, or Android devices.
Note: There is also a miniUSB port that is for service purposes only.
Picture Settings: The Epson EpiqVision EF-11 offers a variety of picture adjustments to improve your viewing experience.
- Color Modes: The projector offers different Color Modes to provide optimum brightness, contrast, and color for a variety of viewing environments and image types. You can select a mode designed to match your image and environment, or experiment with the available modes. Available Color Modes include - Dynamic, Vivid, Bright Cinema, Cinema, and Natural.
- Brightness & Contrast: You can turn on the projector's Dynamic Contrast setting to automatically optimize the image luminance. This improves the image contrast based on the brightness of the content you project. You can also manually adjust the brightness of the projector's light output.
- Image Clarity: You can manually adjust the projector's Sharpness, Noise Reduction, and Detail Enhancement to obtain a clearer, sharper, and more detailed image.
- Advanced Color Settings: color settings include Color Temperature, RGB Offset & Gain, Color Hue, Color Saturation, Color Brightness, and Gamma.
Audio Output: The Epson EF-11 features an an integrated dual-speaker system with with one speaker for the high frequences and one bass-reflex speaker dedicated to the low frequencies. Both drivers are powered by built-in 1.5W amplifier. You can also select between 4 Sound Modes - Standard, Vocal, Music, or Movie. You can connect headphones to the projector's 3.5mm headphone jack. You can control the volume of your connected headphones using the included remote control. The projector's audio out port only supports 3-pin stereo headphones. If you use any other type of headphones or speakers, audio may not be output normally.
Note: The unit's 3.5mm audio output is a headphone output and not line-level output. It should only be used to connect a set of headphones; not an AV receiver, soundbar, or powered speaker
Remote Control: The included IR remote provides full wireless operation of the Epson EpiqVision EF-11 laser projector. The remote control lets you operate the projector from almost anywhere in the room, up to 16.4' away. You can point it at the front or back of the projector. Thanks to HDMI Link, you can use the included remote control to operate certain features of HDMI CEC devices connected to the projector's HDMI port.
Note: Avoid using the remote control in conditions with bright fluorescent lights or in direct sunlight, for the projector may not respond to commands.
Mounting Options: The Epson EF-11 can be placed on a tabletop or inverted and mounted on the ceiling. It can be used for front or rear projection. For tabletop use, you can adjust the image position by raising or lowering the projector's foot. For ceiling mounting, you will need an optional projector ceiling mount (sold separately). A single M4x9mm threaded screw hole is provided on the bottom for a ceiling mount. A commercially-available Kensington security lock can be attached to the unit to prevent theft when installed in a public location.
Warranty & Extra Care Home Service: The projector is covered by a 2-year parts and labor warranty. Included with the warranty, Epson offers Extra Care Home Service. A replacement unit (in most cases, a refurbished unit) will be shipped to you immediately. (A credit card is required for security deposit.) If it's important that you receive your original projector back, you should use the basic carry-in service instead of Home Service.