About the Epson Home Cinema 2250
A customer favorite gets a smart upgrade
A customer favorite gets a smart upgrade
Epson has a knack for making projectors that perform great in real-world family rooms, not just dedicated home theaters. The Home Cinema 2250's predecessor was a favorite projector of our customers and employees alike. This updated version takes its built-in Wi-Fi up a notch by adding the Android TV streaming platform, so you can access services like Netflix, YouTube, and HBO without having to hook up a separate source component. And you can even search for content using your voice thanks to the remote's built-in Google Assistant.
Bright enough for the real world
Many projectors are designed for use in dark rooms, which is not something everyone can achieve. But the 2250 is even brighter than the previous model, so it's great for normal living rooms with less-optimal lighting as well as home theaters with really big screens.
But if you can get your room theater-dark, you'll really appreciate this projector's picture contrast and black levels. Try one of its lower-light color modes and turn on the "auto iris" feature for even more impressive contrast and deeper blacks in dark scenes. Either way you'll get rich, realistic colors thanks to Epson's 3-LCD design with separate red, green, and blue image chips and 10-bit color processing.
Put it almost anywhere
Whether you place the 2250 on a table or mount it on the ceiling, the projector's vertical "lens shift" controls can help you achieve a perfectly true image. And horizontal keystone adjustments can assist if the best mounting spot is a little bit off-center. It's also compatible with rear projection.
For the best picture quality from any projector, we recommend using a projector screen.
- 3-LCD, 3-chip technology with Full HD 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels each)
- accepts 4K Ultra HD video sources
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio (can also display 4:3 and 16:10 material)
- color modes: dynamic, bright cinema, natural, cinema
- dynamic iris for very good contrast and black level
- recommended image size: 34" to 332"
- light output: 2,700 lumens
- 70,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- 10-bit color processing can display up to one billion colors
- frame interpolation for smooth motion
- 3D-ready projector (Epson ELPGS03 active RF 3D glasses sold separately)
- built-in Android TV for access to Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, HBO, and other streaming content
- voice search with remote's built-in Google Assistant
- 1.6X zoom lens (optical zoom/manual focus)
- vertical lens shift
- vertical keystone correction: +/- 30° (auto)
- horizontal keystone correction: +/- 30° (manual)
- 1 HDMI input
- Bluetooth 5.0 lets you wirelessly connect to compatible speakers or headphones
- 3.5mm stereo minijack output for connecting to a sound bar or home stereo system
- Wi-Fi provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- micro USB for service only
- detachable power cord
- 200-watt UHE lamp (lasts up to 7500 hours in Eco mode)
- quiet cooling fan (28 dB in Quiet mode)
- built-in mono speaker (10 watts)
- remote control
- screen mirroring send content wirelessly from device to projector with compatible smartphones and tablets
- projection method: front, rear, upside down
- can be ceiling-mounted with bracket (sold separately)
- 12-1/4"W x 4-7/8"H x 14"D
- weight: 7.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years parts & labor in-home or carry-in service (90 days on lamp)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # V11HA11020
What's in the box:
- Video projector
- 6' AC power cord
- Projector remote
- Android TV remote
- 4 "AA" batteries
- Quick Setup
- "Extra Care Home Service" sheet
- Disposal/Recycling note
Epson Home Cinema 2250 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Epson Home Cinema 2250
Features & specs
|3D-Capable||Active (emitter built in)|
|Resolution (pixels)||1920 x 1080|
|Approximate Lamp Life||4500 hrs (7500 ECO)|
|Bulb Wattage||200 Watts|
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)||2700|
|Vertical Lens Shift||Yes|
|Horizontal Lens Shift||No|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Type of Warranty Service||In-home or Carry-in|
|Wireless HDMI Input||No|
|Component Video Inputs||None|
|Composite Video Inputs||None|
|USB Media Port||No|
3LCD: The Epson Home Cinema 2250 projector utilizes 3-chip LCD technology for amazing color, incredible detail and solid reliability. 3LCD's 3-chip architecture dedicates an entire chip to process each primary color - red, green, and blue, continuously. Unlike single-chip technology that delivers color sequentially, you get full-time color. The result is vibrant, realistic images and video all delivered with 3LCD's true-to-life color.
- True-to-Life Colors: 3LCD delivers up to 3x brighter colors in comparison with 1-chip DLP projectors. Color Brightness (Color Light Output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color Brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. Additionally, 3LCD projectors have up to 3x Wider Color Gamut than 1-chip DLP projectors. With its 3-chip design, 3LCD delivers clear and vibrant images that are true-to-life. In contrast to 3-chip 3LCD projectors, 1-chip DLP projectors use a rotating color wheel that spins at a rapid speed, only displaying colors sequentially, which can result in color break-up or the "rainbow effect".
- Greater Detail & Contrast: 3LCD projection efficiently uses light to project to the screen with no color disruption. 3LCD technology delivers sharper and brighter images with superior grayscale detail. Grayscale is the shades of gray (from black to white) required for greater image depth and detail; it allows greater variation in shadows and brings superior accuracy to color, creating a jaw-dropping, true-to-life visual experience
- Energy Efficient: 3LCD projection technology uses light efficiently to create stunning images. In contrast to 1-chip technology, 3LCD requires 25% less electricity per lumen of brightness. 1-chip projectors use a color wheel, which leads to an inefficient design, thereby causing light loss. 3LCD does not rely on a color wheel. On average, 3LCD projectors are 25% more energy efficient.
- Simple & Reliable Design: 3LCD systems are reliable and use a simple optical design which includes 3 chips and 1 prism. Light flows seamlessly through the system to produce brilliant on-screen colors and sharp images every time.
High Brightness, Color, & Contrast: The Home Cinema 2250 is capable of displaying high-definition content at an exceptional 2,700 lumens of brightness (for both color & white) with a dynamic contrast ratio of 70,000:1, as well as reproduce up to 1 billion colors with outstanding accuracy and vibrancy for an exceptionally rich and vivid picture.
Note: Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
Projection Lamp: The projector uses an energy-efficient 200-watt Ultra High Efficiency (UHE) lamp with a life span of approximately 4,500 hours in the Normal Mode. In the ECO mode, the life span is increased to approximately 7,500 hours. The lamp (Part # V13H010L99) and air filter (Part # V13H134A55) are the only user-serviceable parts.
- Light Optimizer: When Power Consumption is set to Normal, the lamp brightness is adjusted based on the projected image; you can set this option for each color mode
- Fan Cooled: The projection lamp is kept cool by a fan. The fan noise level is 36dB in Normal mode and 28dB in ECO mode. If the projector is to be used at an altitude above 4921 feet (1500 meters), the High Altitude Mode should be turned on so the fan can properly cool the projector at the high altitude air pressure.
Projection Lens: The Home Cinema 2250 features a F1.51-1.99 lens with a focal length of 18.2mm to 29.2mm. It has a manual focus and a manual zoom ratio of 1.0 to 1.6x. To provide the best possible image quality, adjust the projector's position to correct the image shape. If this isn't possible, then use the Len Shift, Keystone, or Quick Corner setting to correct the image shape.
- Lens Shift: The projector is quipped with vertical lens shift for increased placement flexibility for quick and easy setup. If you cannot install the projector directly in front of the screen, you can adjust the position of the projected image using the lens shift feature.
- Keystone: The projector automatically compensates for vertical keystone distortion (+/- 30°) when it is tilted upward or downward. Manual horizontal keystone adjustments (+/- 30°) can be made using the top-mounted slide control.
- Quick Corner: You can use the projector's Quick Corner setting to correct the shape and size of an image that is unevenly rectangular on all sides.
Projection Image & Distance: The Home Cinema 2250 projector can produce an image that is adjustable from 30" to 300" (measured diagonally). The projector's adjustable lens provides a wide range of placement possibilities for a given screen size. The projection distance (distance from lens to screen) range is 34" to 567.3". The distance at which you place the projector from the screen determines the approximate size of the image. The projection distance can be determined from this chart:
|Screen Or Image Size (16:9 Aspect Ratio)||Projection Distance (wide to tele)||Offset From Lens Center|
|60"||69.3" - 112.6"||-1.6" - 2.76"|
|80"||92.5" - 150.4"||-2.0 - 4.0"|
|100"||116.1" - 188.2"||-.2.4" - 4.7"|
|120"||139.3" - 226/4"||-2.8" - 5.9"|
|150"||174.4" - 283.1"||-3.5" - 7.5"|
|200"||232.7" - 377.6"||-4.7" - 9.8"|
|250"||291.3" - 472.4"||-6.3" - 12.2"|
|300"||349.6" - 567.3"||-7.5" - 14.6"|
WiFi Certified: The Epson Home Cinema 2250 features 2.4/5GHz dual-band WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) for wireless connectivity to your home's network router and ISP (internet service provider). By connecting the Home Cinema 2250 to your home network and ISP, you gain access to Android TV, Chromecast built-in, and Google Assistant.
- Android TV: With the integration of Android TV, you get access to a wide variety of online entertainment apps from GooglePlay. Android TV gives you access to over 5,000 movie, music, sports, and other entertainment apps (subscription, rental, or purchase fees may apply). Android TV provides access to many of your favorite apps such as Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, Vudu, YouTube, Hulu, HBO Now, ESPN, Google Play, and more. Not all Google Play apps will be Android TV compatible. Click here to discover the full collection of Android TV apps.
- Chromecast built-in: Chromecast built-in lets you cast your favorite entertainment apps and video content from your Android (OS 4.4.2+) or Apple iOS (8.0+) device to the Home Cinema 2250 projector. Now you can cast your favorites movies or TV shows (on Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Google Play, HBO Now, PlayStation Vue and more); your favorite music and radio stations (on Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, YouTube Music, and more); Sports highlights (on ESPN, NBC, CBS, and more); plus photos & videos (on YouTube, Google Photos, and more) from your compatible Android or Apple iOS device to the Sony TV. For a list of all compatible Chromecast Built-in apps click here.
- Google Assistant: The Epson projector supports the Google Assistant for Android TV and Chromecast built-in through the built-in microphone on the included remote control. You can simply trigger the Google Assistant by by pressing the mic button on the remote and then speaking into the microphone after hearing an audible prompt. You can ask the Google Assistant to access Android TV and Chromecast built-in apps, as well as control basic playback functions of those apps. In addition to TV voice commands, you can use the Google Assistant to control connected smart home devices and other Google Home enabled devices. The Google Assistant can also be used to find answers for many of your daily questions through Google's advanced search engine. The TV also supports voice control through the Google Home family of wireless speakers (sold separately - see Accessories tab) and other Google Assistant enabled devices (sold separately - see Accessories tab).
- The Home Cinema 2250 allows you to stream 4K content via Android TV apps. However, the projector can only produce a Full HD 1080p image on screen.
- The Home Cinema 2250 is not equipped with an Ethernet jack for a hardwired network connection.
HDMI 1.4 + 3D Ready: The Epson Home Cinema 2250 is outfitted with a single HDMI 1.4 input that supports up to 1080p (1920 x 1080) video resolution and is 3D-Ready. To view 3D content, you must first connect a 3D-compatible video device to of the HDMI input. You will also need Epson RF Active Shutter 3D glasses (sold separately) for each viewer.
Note: The HDMI input does not support 4K or HDR content.
Image Settings: Settings on the Image menu let you adjust the aspect ratio and quality of your image for the input source you are currently using. The available settings depend on the currently selected input source.
- Aspect Ratio: You can select the following image aspect ratios (Auto, Normal, 16:9, Zoom, Full, Native), depending on the input signal from your image source. Black bands and cropped images may project in certain aspect ratios, depending on the aspect ratio and resolution of your input signal.
- Color Modes: The Home Cinema 2250 offers four color modes to optimize viewing for different environments and image content. The Color Mode adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for the best possible picture. A different color mode can be selected for each input source. You can select from the following choices - Natural, Dynamic, Bright Cinema, or Cinema.
- Manual Picture Adjustments: You can manually adjust the images Brightness, Contrast, Color Saturation, Tint, Sharpness, and Color Temperature.
- Auto Iris: Epson's Auto Iris Technology adjusts the aperture to provide the optimum contrast and brightness for each scene. In certain color modes, you can turn on the Auto Iris setting to automatically optimize the image based on the brightness of the content you project.
- Advanced Color: You can adjust the White Balance (Color Temperature), RGBCMY, and Gamma. White Balanced sets the overall color tone, while RGBCMY allows you to adjust the hue, saturation and brightness for each color. Gamma adjusts the gamma levels of the image.
- Image Enhancement: You can turn on Detail Enhancement & Noise Reduction to improve image quality. Detail Enhancement creates clearer outlines for better image quality. Noise Reduction reduces flickering of analog image and reduces the noise or artifacts seen in MPEG video.
- Frame Interpolation: This feature smoothes fast moving video by comparing consecutive frames and inserting an intermediate frame between them.
Audio Output: The Epson Home Cinema 2250 features an integrated high-quality bass-reflex 10W speaker with 4 Sound Modes to choose from (Standard, Vocal, Music, & Movie). Its also equipped with a stereo 3.5mm analog output that allows you to connect a soundbar, powered speaker, or AV receiver. In addition, it offers built-in Bluetooth so you can wirelessly stream high-quality audio from the projector to a wireless soundbar, speaker, or headphone (make sure your Bluetooth audio device that is paired to the projector supports copyright protection (SCMS-T) and A2DP.
Remote Control: The Epson Home Cinema 2250 comes with two remote controls and supports HDMI-CEC or HDMI Link.
- Dual Remotes: The Home Cinema 2250 comes with two remote controls. One of the remotes will operate the projector, as well as Android TV. The other remote only operates Android TV and provides dedicated button to directly access YouTube, Netflix, and Google Play.. Both remotes have a built-in microphone which allow you to operate Android TV via voice control. Both remotes must be paired via Bluetooth with the projector prior to initial use.
- HDMI Link: When you connect an HDMI CEC-compatible device, such as Blu-ray player or satellite/cable box, to the projector via HDMI, you can control the device using the HDMI-Link control buttons on the projector's remote control. You can register the device you want to operate in the HDMI Link section of the projector's menu.
Mounting Options: The Home Cinema 2250 can be placed on a tabletop or inverted and mounted on the ceiling. It can be used for front or rear projection. For tabletop use, you can adjust the image position by raising or lowering the two rear feet and one front foot. For ceiling mounting, you will need an optional projector ceiling mount (sold separately). Three M4 x 9mm threaded screw holes are provided on the bottom for a ceiling mount. A commercially-available Kensington security lock can be attached to the unit to prevent theft when installed in a public location.
Firmware & Software Updates (via USB): You can download files to update the software of the unit from Epson's Online Support Site. Simply copy the downloaded files to a USB thumbdrive, then insert the USB thumbdrive into the USB port of the projector and perform the update.
Warranty & Extra Care Home Service: The projector is covered by a 2-year parts and labor warranty, while the lamp is covered for 90 days. Included with the warranty, Epson offers Extra Care Home Service. A replacement unit (in most cases, a refurbished unit) will be shipped to you immediately. (A credit card is required for security deposit.) If it's important that you receive your original projector back, you should use the basic carry-in service instead of Home Service.
The Epson Home Cinema 2250 replaces these items
- built-in Wi-Fi for streaming content from your computer
- dynamic iris for very good contrast and black level
- 60,000:1 contrast ratio
4 questions already asked