About the Epson Home Cinema LS11000
Sharper images and superb color
Sharper images and superb color
A home theater projector can give you more of a good thing — a big, beautiful picture — than even the largest TV on the market. Epson's LS11000 brings together several advanced technologies to make this one of their finest-looking projectors yet. A pair of 4K/120Hz HDMI inputs support cutting-edge video sources, including next-gen gaming consoles like the Sony PS5 and Microsoft Xbox Series X.
An array of lasers
The precise picture starts with a laser array light source. Bulb-driven projectors naturally get dimmer over time. The laser-driven LS11000 will provide consistent brightness over its life span, which is rated at up to 20,000 hours. A laser light source also means it turns on instantly, runs cooler, and is more energy-efficient.
A trio of high-contrast LCD panels
The laser light source feeds three separate LCD panels for the blue, red, and green components of the image. It's an arrangement that makes for super-solid, accurate color performance and high color brightness. Unlike DLP projectors that use a color wheel to produce their full range of colors, three-LCD projectors have no chance of producing "rainbow effect" — a kind of visual artifact that some people can see with DLP.
Advanced Epson pixel-shift technology
Pixel shifting is a technology that Epson has been putting to good use in their projectors for years. The LS11000 features their most advanced version yet — 4K PRO-UHD. The projector displays portions of each 4K video frame in rapid succession by shifting the position of the pixels in four different phases. Bottom line: you'll see clear Ultra HD detail with all your 4K video sources.
Separate audio system required
A projector of this caliber deserves to be paired with a separate high-quality audio system. In fact, the LS11000 has no built-in speakers of any kind. You'll need to either run all your audio/video sources separately into a home theater receiver, or use the projector's ARC/eARC-enabled HDMI port to feed your compatible sound bar, receiver, or other audio system.
- 3-LCD, 3-chip image engine for outstanding color accuracy and color brightness, without any "rainbow" effect
- 4K PRO-UHD quad-phase, dual-axis pixel shift technology displays true 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160)
- Precision Shift Glass Plate technology for improved pixel shift performance
- laser array light source delivers crisp image quality, instant on/off, and up to 20,000-hour life span
- advanced picture processing supports HDR (High Dynamic Range), including HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG formats
- 120Hz refresh rate, with support for 4K/120Hz video signals
- native 16:9 aspect ratio (can also display 21:9, 4:3, and other formats)
- recommended image size: 50" to 300"
- light output: 2,500 lumens
- 2,500,000:1 contrast ratio (with Dynamic Contrast mode enabled)
- powered 2.1X zoom lens
- vertical lens shift: ±96%
- horizontal lens shift: ±47%
- horizontal and vertical keystone correction
- saves up to 10 custom picture settings in memory
- 2 HDMI 2.1 inputs support 4K/120Hz video signals
- both inputs HDCP 2.3 copy protection
- HDMI input 2 supports ARC/eARC (Audio Return Channel/enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- Type-A USB 2.0 port for connecting streaming devices, saving settings, and updating firmware
- 5V/300mA USB power port for active optical fiber HDMI cables
- RS-232C port and RJ-45 Ethernet port for external control of the projector via compatible computer or third-party control device
- detachable power cord
- 12-volt trigger output for controlling a motorized screen
- Kensington™ lock port to prevent theft
- quiet cooling fans (22-30 dB)
- backlit remote control
- projection method: front, rear, upside down
- can be ceiling-mounted with bracket (sold separately)
- 20-1/2"W x 7-5/8"H x 17-5/8"D
- weight: 28 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years parts & labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- this projector does not include any type of built-in TV tuner or built-in speakers
- MFR # V11HA48020
What's in the box:
- Laser projector
- 9.75' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Quick Setup
- Extra Care Home Service booklet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Epson Home Cinema LS11000
Features & specs
|Native Resolution (pixels)||1920 x 1080|
|Resolution with Pixel Shift||4K UHD (8.3 million pixels)|
|Picture Size Range||50 to 300 inches|
|Dynamic Iris||Dynamic Laser Dimming|
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)||2500|
|Mounting Options and Design|
|Ultra Short Throw||No|
|HDR (High Dynamic Range)|
|Next-gen Gaming Features|
|VRR (Variable Refresh Rate)||No|
|ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)||No|
|4K/120Hz HDMI Inputs||2|
|Smart TV Features|
|Apple TV App||No|
|Apple AirPlay 2||No|
|Audio Return Channel||eARC supported|
|Wireless HDMI Input||No|
|USB Media Port||Firmware/Service/Charging|
|Approximate Lamp Life||20,000 hrs|
|Vertical Lens Shift||Yes|
|Horizontal Lens Shift||Yes|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Fan Noise||22-30 dB|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Type of Warranty Service||In-home or Carry-in|
3-Chip LCD Technology: The Epson Home Cinema LS1000 projector utilizes 3-chip LCD technology for amazing color, incredible detail and solid reliability. 3LCD's 3-chip architecture dedicates an entire chip to process each primary color - red, green, and blue, continuously. Unlike single-chip technology that delivers color sequentially, you get full-time color. The result is vibrant, realistic images and video all delivered with 3LCD's true-to-life color.
- True-to-Life Colors: 3LCD delivers up to 3x brighter colors in comparison with 1-chip DLP projectors. Color Brightness (Color Light Output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color Brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. Additionally, 3LCD projectors have up to 3x Wider Color Gamut than 1-chip DLP projectors. With its 3-chip design, 3LCD delivers clear and vibrant images that are true-to-life. In contrast to 3-chip 3LCD projectors, 1-chip DLP projectors use a rotating color wheel that spins at a rapid speed, only displaying colors sequentially, which can result in color break-up or the "rainbow effect".
- Greater Detail & Contrast: 3LCD projection efficiently uses light to project to the screen with no color disruption. 3LCD technology delivers sharper and brighter images with superior grayscale detail. Grayscale is the shades of gray (from black to white) required for greater image depth and detail; it allows greater variation in shadows and brings superior accuracy to color, creating a jaw-dropping, true-to-life visual experience
- Energy Efficient: 3LCD projection technology uses light efficiently to create stunning images. In contrast to 1-chip technology, 3LCD requires 25% less electricity per lumen of brightness. 1-chip projectors use a color wheel, which leads to an inefficient design, thereby causing light loss. 3LCD does not rely on a color wheel. On average, 3LCD projectors are 25% more energy efficient.
- Simple & Reliable Design: 3LCD systems are reliable and use a simple optical design which includes 3 chips and 1 prism. Light flows seamlessly through the system to produce brilliant on-screen colors and sharp images every time.
Laser Array Light Source: The Epson Home Cinema LS1100 employs an optimum laser light source (made up of multi-array laser diodes) to power its unique 3-chip 3LCD projector engine for incredible picture brightness, black contrast and color accuracy.
- Dynamic Contrast: Taking full advantage of the Laser Array Light Source, the Home Cinema LS1100 is able to suppress stray light within the signal and enhance the picture contrast to produce a Dynamic Contrast Ratio exceeding 1,200,000:1.
- High Brightness: The Home Cinema LS1100 also offers impressive 2,500 lumens of color and 2,500 lumens of white brightness for an exceptional picture in virtually any theater environment - even in rooms with some ambient light. Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
Epson ZX Picture Processor: The Home Cinema LS1100 projector incorporates powerful video processing technology by Epson. The proprietary Epson ZX Picture Processor handles real-time color, contrast, HDR, frame interpolation and resolution enhancement. It features a native resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080) and utilizes 4K PRO-UHD Advanced Pixel Shifting, Precision Shift Glass Plate Technology, and Real-Time Scene Adaptive Correction to display an enhanced 4K (3840 x 216) image.
- 4K PRO-UHD Advanced Pixel-Shifting Technology: Advanced 4-phase pixel-shifting technology works in parallel with the three individual high-definition LCD chips without sacrificing picture brightness,
- Precision Shift Glass Plate Technology: Unique, digitally controlled Precision Shift Glass Plate technology precisely refracts pixel light to display a 3840 x 2160 image (8.29-million-pixels) for an exceptionally sharp and clear picture.
- Real-Time Scene Adaptive Correction: Powered by the Epson Picture Processor, you hasvethe option to automatically adjust the picture quality based upon the scene information itself; this provides a simple way to get impressive color and contrast, regardless of the content being displayed.
Note: The Home Cinema LS1100 has a native resolution of 1080p (1920x1080) and incorporates 4-phas pixel-shifting technology to create an enhanced 4K (3840 x 2160).
Epson Cinema VRX Lens: Designed for zero light leakage, the Epson Cinema VRX Lens utilizes a proprietary 15-element precision glass structure for outstanding image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity. Making installation simple, you can precisely shift the lens up to +/- 96% horizontally and up to +/- 47% vertically without picture distortion or loss of clarity; you can also set the zoom and focus, then store all the settings in one of ten lens memory presets. The projector also offers vertical and horizontal keystone correction.
- Lens Shift: If the projected image is not centered in front of the screen, you can correct the position of the image using the vertical and horizontal lens shift dials on the top of the projector. The vertical position can be adjusted by up to +/- 96% of the height of the screen, while the horizontal position can be adjusted by up to +/- 47% of the width of the screen.
- Keystone Correction: You can use the p;rojector's horizontal and vertical keystone correction to correct the shape of the image, if it is not rectangular. Adjustable from -30° to + 30° (vertically & horizontally).
Projection Image & Distance: The Home Cinema LS1100 projector can produce an image that is adjustable from 50" to 300" (measured diagonally). The projector's adjustable lens provides a wide range of placement possibilities (from 58" to 748") for a given screen size. The distance at which you place the projector from the screen determines the approximate size of the image. The image size increases the farther the projector is from the screen, but can also vary depending on the zoom factor, aspect ratio, and other settings.
|Aspect Ratio||Screen Or Image Size||Projection Distance (wide to tele)|
|16:9||50"||58 - 123"|
|60"||70 - 148"|
|80"||94 - 198"|
|100"||118 - 248"|
|150"||178 - 373"|
|200"||238 - 498"|
|250"||297 - 623"|
|300"||357 - 748"|
Dual HDMI 2.1 Inputs: The Epson Home Cinema LS1100 is outfitted with two HDMI 2.1 inputs that support full 48 Gbps bandwidth for accepting uncompressed 4K/HDR content, up to 120Hz refresh rates, 4:4:4 color subsampling, plus eAR and ARC support for for outstanding compatibility with the latest AV receivers and next-generation gaming consoles. Both HDMI 2.1 inputs are HDCP 2.3 compliant.
- HDCP 2.3: HDCP 2.3 is supported by both HDMI 2.1 inputs. HDCP 2.3 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K/HDR video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players, 4K Satellite/Cable providers, and ultra high definition online video services.
- 4K Input Resolution: Both HDMI 2.1 inputs support up to 4K (4096 x 2160); as well as 1080p/i (2K Full HD), 720p (HD), and 480p/i. *The LS1100 has a native resolution of 1920x1080 and uses 4-way pixel shifting o create an enhanced 4K (3840 x 2160) image.
- 120Hz Refresh Rate: Refresh rates up to 120Hz allow for smoother motion for supported content, while providing the option for impressive Frame Interpolation for content below 120Hz. In addition, support for gaming up to 4K @ 120 frames per second, along with input lag times below 20 ms, allow you to take full advantage of the latest generation of gaming consoles and even higher-end gaming PCs.
- 4:4:4: Color Subsampling: With 4:4:4 (8-bit/120Hz; 10-bit/60Hz; 12-bit/60Hz) color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. 4:2:2 and 4:2:0 are also supported by the HDMI inputs.
Note: Use an ultra high speed 48GHz HDMI 2.1 certified HDMI cable (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) for optimum performance.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): The Epson Home Cinema LS1100 offers ull 10-bit HDR color processing accepting 100% of the HDR source information to faithfully reproduce HDR, HDR10+ and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) content for an exceptional visual performance. Real-time HDR curve adjustment allows for 16-steps of control to finetune the HDR performance regardless of the content.
- HDR10: HDR10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your projector that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HDR10+: HDR10+ technology incorporates dynamic metadata that allows the gprojector to adjust brightness levels on a scene-by-scene or even frame-by-frame basis. By applying individualized tone mapping to each scene, HDR10+ delivers an incredible viewing experience. The picture quality offers an enhanced visual experience with more detailed expressions, brighter shadow areas and more accurate color renderings that stay true to the creator's original intent.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
Note: This projector does not support Dolby Vision.
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) within the projector's HDMI 2 input enables the projector, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the projector to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the projector. The Epson projector is also backward compatible with ARC (Audio Return Channel).
- eARC Compatibility: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS, DTS-HD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X, and LPCM.
- ARC Compatibility: Dolby Digital, DTS, and LPCM.
Note: Your AV receiver or soundbar will also have to support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) or ARC (Audio Return Channel).
Image Settings: Settings on the Image menu let you adjust the aspect ratio, color, and quality of your image for the input source you are currently using. The available settings depend on the currently selected input source.
- Aspect Ratio: You can select the following image aspect ratios, depending on the input signal from your image source. Black bands and cropped images may project in certain aspect ratios, depending on the aspect ratio and resolution of your input signal.
- Auto: Automatically sets the aspect ratio according to the input signal.
- Zoom: Displays images using the full width of the projection area and maintains the aspect ratio of the image.
- Full: Displays images using the full width of the projection area, but does not maintain the aspect ratio.
- Color Modes: The Home Cinema LS1100 offers five color modes to optimize viewing for different environments and image content. The Color Mode adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for the best possible picture. A different color mode can be selected for each input source.
- Dynamic: For projecting the brightest picture available (2D or 3D).
- Cinema: For viewing movies in a dark room (2D or 3D).
- Bright Cinema: For viewing movies in a room with closed curtains. (2D only).
- Digital Cinema: Projects using the same color spectrum as digital movie theaters (2D only).
- Natural: For projecting natural, accurate colors in a dimly lit room (2D only).
- Fine Tune Picture: If the image colors don't look correct, you can adjust them using the following settings.
- Color Convergence (Panel Alignment): You can use the Panel Alignment feature to manually adjust the color convergence (the alignment of the red, green and blue colors) in the projected image.
- Color Tone (Color Uniformity): You can use the Color Uniformity feature to manually adjust the color tone balance in the projected image.
- Manual Adjustments: You can manually adjust the images Brightness, Contrast, Color Saturation, Tint, Sharpness, and Color Temperature.
- Image Enhancements: Use the projector's Image Enhancements to further enhance the projected video image.
- Frame Interpolation: You can use the projector's Frame Interpolation feature to smooth fast-moving video by comparing consecutive image frames and inserting an intermediate image frame between them.
- Super Resolution: This setting sharpens blurred images, enhancing the apparent detail of the image. You can select from 3 levels of enhancement. Note that intentionally blurred parts of the image, such as out-of-focus backgrounds, may become sharper. This feature is not available when projecting 3D.
- Detail Enhancement: Enhances details to create clear outlines for sharper and more refined images that are more lifelike. This feature is not available when projecting 3D.
- Noise & MPEG Noise Reduction: This setting reduces flickering of analog images, as well as reduces the noise or artifacts seen in MPEG video.
- Advanced Settings: These advance settings offer expert level adjustment.
- Gamma: Adjusts the gamma levels of the image.
- RGBCMY: Adjusts the hue, saturation, and brightness for each color.
- Deinterlacing: Sets whether to convert interlaced-to-progressive signals for certain video image types.
- Super White: Reduces over-exposure of whites in an image.
Mounting Options: The Home Cinema LS1100 can be placed on a tabletop or inverted and mounted on the ceiling. It can be used for front or rear projection. For tabletop use, you can adjust the image position by raising or lowering the front feet. For ceiling mounting, you will need an optional projector ceiling mount (sold separately). Use M6x10mm screws to mount the projector. A commercially-available Kensington security lock can be attached to the unit to prevent theft when installed in a public location.
Remote Control: The Epson Home Cinema LS1100 can be operated from its control panel, the included IR remote, HDMI-CEC, your computer, or a 3rd party automation system (sold separately).
- IR Remote: In addition to the control panel, the projector can be controlled by the supplied wireless remote control, which has a range of approximately 32'. The projector has infrared receivers on the front and rear to give you control from most anywhere in the room.
- HDMI Link: When you connect HDMI CEC-compatible devices, such as an AV receiver or Blu-ray player, to the projector via HDMI cables, you can control them using the HDMI-Link control buttons on the projector's remote control. You can register the devices you want to operate in the HDMI Link section of the projector's menu.
- Ethernet Jack: The LS1100's Ethernet (RJ-45) jack allows you to connect the projector to your network and control it from a compatible web browser (Internet Explorer 8.0 or later & Safari) on your computer.
- RS-232C Port: There is also a RS-232C port for connecting the projector to a 3rd party A/V controller or automation system (sold separately).
Trigger Output: The projector has a 3.5mm Trigger Output port which delivers a 12-volt signal (max 200 mA) to lower your motorized projector screen while the projector is powered on.
Sleep Mode: The projector turns off automatically when no video signal is received for a preset amount of time. You can set the sleep mode to 1 to 30 minutes.
Firmware & Software Updates (via USB): You can download files to update the software of the unit from Epson's Online Support Site. Simply copy the downloaded files to a USB thumbdrive, then insert the USB thumbdrive into the USB port of the projector and perform the update. This projector does not support over-the-network firmware and software updates.
Warranty & Extra Care Home Service: The projector is covered by a 2-year parts and labor warranty. Included with the warranty, Epson offers Extra Care Home Service. A replacement unit (in most cases, a refurbished unit) will be shipped to you immediately. (A credit card is required for security deposit.) If it's important that you receive your original projector back, you should use the basic carry-in service instead of Home Service.