About the Epson PowerLite L615U
A powerful laser projector with lens shift for flexible placement
Epson's PowerLite L615U laser projector delivers powerful performance for education and business applications. Its 1920 x 1200-pixel WUXGA resolution provides Full HD support, powered by 6,000 lumens of brightness. The projector's laser light source delivers up to 20,000 hours of virtually maintenance-free operation, with no lamp to replace. The L615U also includes manual lens shift, Miracast screen mirroring, and advanced installation features.
- bright, long-lasting laser light source
- 3-LCD 3-chip projection technology
- WUXGA resolution: 1920 x 1200 pixels each
- widescreen 16:10 aspect ratio (can also display 16:9 and 4:3 material)
- recommended image size: 50" to 500"
- light output: 6000 lumens
- dynamic contrast ratio: up to 2,500,000:1
- 10-bit color processing can display over a billion shades
- split-screen capability lets you show two video sources side by side
Lens and Image Adjustments:
- lens has 1.6X zoom capability (manual zoom/focus)
- lens shift image adjustment (manual, horizontal and vertical)
- keystone correction (horizontal and vertical)
- 2 HDMI inputs
- PC input (VGA cable included)
- VGA-style monitor output
- RJ-45 Ethernet port for a wired network connection
- also Wi-Fi-compatible — requires adding Epson's LAN module (sold separately)
- RJ-45 port for HDBaseT (to send HDMI or RS-232C signals over a single CAT5e/6 cable over long distances, connect the projector to an optional HDBaseT transmitter)
- 1 stereo audio input and 2 stereo audio outputs, all 3.5mm minijack
- USB-Type A port for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- USB-Type B port for service only
- RS-232C port for external control of the projector via compatible computer or third-party control device
- compatible with Crestron® RoomView®, AMX®, Extron® XTP®, and Control4® Simple Device Discovery Protocol (SDDP) to ensure easy integration with existing systems
- long-lasting laser diode (20,000 hours in Normal mode)
- quiet cooling fan (28 dB in Eco mode)
- remote control
- can be placed on a tabletop or ceiling-mounted (mounting bracket sold separately)
- 17-3/8"W x 5-3/8"H x 12"D (including feet)
- weight: 18.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years parts & labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- this projector does not include any type of built-in TV tuner
- MFR # V11H901120
What's in the box:
- 10'AC power cord
- 6' VGA cable
- Remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Cable cover
- Quick Setup
- Supplier's Declaration of Conformity
- Extra Care Home Service brochure
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Epson PowerLite L615U
Laser Light Source: The Epson L615U utilizes a laser light source that produces an exceptional level of brightness, while significantly enhancing black density. By combining Epson's 3LCD technology with a state-of-the-art laser light source, the L615U delivers uncompromising image quality, high color brightness and truly reliable performance.
- With its long-lasting maintenance-free laser light source, there is no need for frequent projector lamp changes for the lifespan of the projector. The laser light source can last up to 20,000 hours or everyday for ten years (based on watching content for five hours every day with the projector in Eco mode).
- Do not look into the lens during projection. Also, do not look into the lens using optical devices, such as a magnifying glass or telescope. This could cause visual impairment. When turning on the projector at a distance using the remote control, make sure no one is looking into the lens.
3-Chip LCD Technology: The L615U projector incorporates Epson's 3-chip LCD technology for amazing color, incredible detail and solid reliability. 3LCD's 3-chip architecture dedicates an entire chip to process each primary color - red, green, and blue, continuously. Unlike single-chip technology that delivers color sequentially, you get full-time color. The result is vibrant, realistic images and video all delivered with 3LCD's true-to-life color.
- True-to-Life Colors: 3LCD delivers up to 3x brighter colors in comparison with 1-chip DLP projectors. Color Brightness (Color Light Output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color Brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. Additionally, 3LCD projectors have up to 3x Wider Color Gamut than 1-chip DLP projectors. With its 3-chip design, 3LCD delivers clear and vibrant images that are true-to-life. In contrast to 3-chip 3LCD projectors, 1-chip DLP projectors use a rotating color wheel that spins at a rapid speed, only displaying colors sequentially, which can result in color break-up or the "rainbow effect".
- Greater Detail & Contrast: 3LCD projection efficiently uses light to project to the screen with no color disruption. 3LCD technology delivers sharper and brighter images with superior grayscale detail. Grayscale is the shades of gray (from black to white) required for greater image depth and detail; it allows greater variation in shadows and brings superior accuracy to color, creating a jaw-dropping, true-to-life visual experience
- Energy Efficient: 3LCD projection technology uses light efficiently to create stunning images. In contrast to 1-chip technology, 3LCD requires 25% less electricity per lumen of brightness. 1-chip projectors use a color wheel, which leads to an inefficient design, thereby causing light loss. 3LCD does not rely on a color wheel. On average, 3LCD projectors are 25% more energy efficient.
- Simple & Reliable Design: 3LCD systems are reliable and use a simple optical design which includes 3 chips and 1 prism. Light flows seamlessly through the system to produce brilliant on-screen colors and sharp images every time.
High Brightness, Color, & Contrast: The projector's laser light source delivers bright and vibrant images even in daylight, with no need to turn the lights off or close the windows. Its capable of displaying high-definition content at an exceptional 6,000 lumens of brightness (for both color & white) with a high contrast ratio of 2,500,000:1, as well as reproduce up to 1.07 billion colors with outstanding accuracy and vibrancy for an exceptionally rich and vivid picture.
Note: Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
1080p Native Resolution: The Epson L615U has a native resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080; 16:9 aspect ratio). The total number of pixels is 2,073,600 dots (1920 x 1080) x 3.
Note: The Epson L615U does not suport 4K, 8K, 3D, or HDR content.
Projection Image & Distance: This laser projector has the ability to project at any angle with 360-degree flexibility, opening up many possibilities for projection, from watching movies on the living room wall to projecting them onto the ceiling of the bedroom. The Epson projector can produce an image that is adjustable from 50" to 500" (measured diagonally).
|Screen Or Image Size (16:10 Aspect Ratio)||Projection Distance (wide to tele)|
|50"||57" to 93"|
|80"||92" to 149"|
|100"||115" to 187"|
|500||581" to 938"|
Note: The distance at which you place the projector from the screen determines the approximate size of the image. The image size increases the farther the projector is from the screen.
Image Correction: You can project an evenly rectangular image by placing the projector directly in front of the center of the screen and keeping it level. If you place the projector at an angle to the screen, or tilted up or down, or off to the side, you may need to correct the image shape for the best display quality.
- Zoom Ring: You can resize the image using the projector's manual zoom ring. It has a manual focus and a manual zoom ratio of 1.0 to 1.6.
- Lens Shift: If the projected image is not centered in front of the screen, you can correct the position of the image using the vertical and horizontal lens shift dials on the top of the projector. After installation, you can shift the lens up to 50% up or down on the vertical axis and up to 20% left or right on the horizontal axis.
- Keystone Correction: Vertical (+/-30 deg) and Horizontal (+/-30deg) Keystone Correction can correct the shape of the image, if it is not rectangular.
- Quick Corner: You can use the projector's Quick Corner setting to correct the shape and size of an image that is unevenly rectangular on all sides.
- Arc Correction: You can use the projector's Arc Correction setting to adjust the curve or arc of the sides of your image.
Wired Connectivity: The Epson L615U offers a variety of connectivity options to connect your Blu-ray player, computer, mobile device, or other source device.
- HDMI 1.4 Input: The Epson L615U laser projector is outfitted with two HDMI 1.4 inputs support 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i video signals; as well as 2ch and multichannel audio. *The HDMI input does not support 4K, 8K, 3D, or HDR video signals.
- HDBaseT: A HDBaseT input (consisting of an RJ45 jack) allows you to send HDMI or RS-232C signal over a long distance. You'll need to connect the projector to an optional HDBaseT transmitter using a 100Base-TX network cable (sold separately). This is useful when you want to send a signal to or control the projector from a remote location, such as in a hall or event site, since you can use a network cable up to 328' in length. To ensure proper data transmission, use a Category 5e STP cable or better.
- VGA In/Out: You can connect your Windows or Mac computer to the projector via its VGA (D-Sub, 15-pin)input. There is also a VGA (D-Sub, 15-pin) output that allows you to daisy chain the video signal from the VGA input to an external computer monitor. The VGA input and output support video up to 1920 x 1080. The VGA input and output also feature a corresponding stereo minijack audio input and output.
- USB-A Port: The projector's USB-A port can be used to connect a USB thumbdrive for playback of JPEG (8192x8192)/BMP (1280x800)/GIF (1280x800)/PNG (1280x800) still images and AVI (1280x720) video images. The USB mass storage class device must be formatted in FAT16 or FAT32.
- Audio Out: The projector features a 3.5mm analog audio output for connection to a soundbar, powered speaker, or AV receiver.
Note: There is also a USB-B port that is for service use only.
Wireless Connectivity: The Espon L615U allows you to wirelessly connect your Apple iOS or Android OS device via Epson's iProjection app to share project images and files. It also supports Mircast so you can wirleessly mirror your Android OS device or Windows PC on your projector screen.
- Screen Mirroring via Miracast: Miracast technology allows you to quickly connect your Windows PC (8.1+) or Android device (OS 4.2+) to the Epson mini-laser projector and stream or mirror Full HD content including movies, videos, photos and music - all without a single cable or network router.
- Epson iProjection App: Epson iProjection is an intuitive mobile projection app for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 5.0+. Epson iProjection makes it easy to project images and files wirelessly from your compatible mobile device to the Epson projector. You'll be able to move about the room and effortlessly display content from your Apple iOS or Android device on the big screen. Supported formats & activities include Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx, Office 2003 or later), Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx, Office 2003 or later), Microsoft Excel (.xls, .xlsx, Office 2003 or later), Keynote (.key), Adobe PDF(v1.7) (.pdf, Acrobat 8 compatible or later), .JPG, and .PNG. *The Epson iProjection app does not support video playback, PowerPoint and Keynote animations, or mirroring.
Note: Epson iProjection and Miracast require a hardwired Ethernet (RJ45) connection to your home's wireless network router, or you can purchase an optional WiFi dongle (sold separately) from Epson. .
Split-Screen: You can use the split screen feature to simultaneously project two images from different image sources next to each other. You cannot project from the same input source onto both sides (left and right) of the screen. You also cannot use split screen with certain input source combinations.
Note: While you use the split screen feature, other projector features may not be available and some settings may be automatically applied to both images.
Image Settings: Settings on the Image menu let you adjust the aspect ratio and quality of your image for the input source you are currently using. The available settings depend on the currently selected input source.
- Aspect Ratio: You can select the following image aspect ratios (Auto / Normal / 4:3 / 16:9 / Full / Zoom / Native), depending on the input signal from your image source. Black bands and cropped images may project in certain aspect ratios, depending on the aspect ratio and resolution of your input signal.
- Color Modes: The projector offers four color modes (Dynamic / Presentation / Cinema / sRGB) to optimize viewing for different environments and image content. The Color Mode adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for the best possible picture. A different color mode can be selected for each input source.
- Picture Adjustments: You can manually adjust the images Brightness, Contrast, Color Saturation, Tint, Sharpness, and Color Temperature.
- Noise Reduction: This setting reduces flickering of analog images. You can select from 3 levels of noise reduction. This is not be available with a signal input through the PC port.
- Sharpness: Enhances details to create clear outlines for sharper and more refined images that are more lifelike.
Deinterlacing: Converts interlaced to progressive signals. Leave the setting on Film/Auto for viewing movies on a player that produces interlaced output. Select Video for watching videos captured with a video camera. Set to Off when viewing images with a large amount of movement.
Remote Control: The Epson L615U projector comes with an IR remote control, is HDMI-CEC compatible, and offers support for Crestron Connected.
- IR Remote: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Espon L615U projector. If you connect your computer to the projector via VGA, USB, or HDMI, you can set up the remote control to act as a wireless pointer.
- HDMI Link: When you connect HDMI CEC-compatible devices, such as an AV receiver or Blu-ray player, to the projector via HDMI cables, you can control them using the HDMI-Link control buttons on the projector's remote control. You can register the devices you want to operate in the HDMI Link section of the projector's menu.
- Crestron Connected: If you are using a Crestron Connected network monitoring and control system, you can set up the projector for use on the system. Crestron Connected lets you control and monitor your projector using a web browser. This requires a hardwired RS232 or Ethernet (RJ45) connection to your home's network router; or Epson's WiFi USB dongle (sold separately; available at Epson's website). .
Mounting Options: The Epson L615U can be placed on a tabletop or inverted and mounted on the ceiling. It can be used for front or rear projection. For tabletop use, you can adjust the image position by raising or lowering the projector's foot. For ceiling mounting, you will need an optional projector ceiling mount (sold separately).
Firmware & Software Updates (via USB): You can download files to update the software of the unit from Epson's Online Support Site. Simply copy the downloaded files to a USB thumbdrive, then insert the USB thumbdrive into the USB port of the projector and perform the update.
Warranty & Extra Care Home Service: The projector is covered by a 2-year parts and labor warranty. Included with the warranty, Epson offers Extra Care Home Service. A replacement unit (in most cases, a refurbished unit) will be shipped to you immediately. (A credit card is required for security deposit.) If it's important that you receive your original projector back, you should use the basic carry-in service instead of Home Service.