About the Olympus M. Zuiko ED 14-150mm f/4-5.6 II
Compact, lightweight, and versatile
This compact Olympus zoom lens gives you flexible wide-angle to long-range telephoto shooting capability in a portable, lightweight package that tips the scales at just over 9 ounces. With an equivalent zoom range of 28-300mm, you'll be viewing the beach seascape at the wide end, and getting close-ups of frolicking dolphins or lazy pelicans at the telephoto end. And if you have an unplanned travel agenda, this is the perfect lens to keep when you only have room for one, because it's up to any challenge a freewheeling day on the road may present. A dust-, splash-, and freeze-proof design makes it a solid companion for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 which is similarly rated.
With its quiet, Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system, this lens also excels at enabling you to gather excellent sound while capturing video. Of course, the superb optical performance you've come to expect from Olympus is still here, as well. An extra-low dispersion glass lens element makes your images as sharp and artifact-free as they can be.
- Olympus M. Zuiko ED 14-150mm f/4.0-5.6 II zoom lens
- designed for use with Olympus PEN, OM-D cameras, and other mirrorless cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 28-300mm
- dust-proof, splash-proof, and freeze-proof design
- advanced Olympus ZERO lens coating reduces ghosts and flares
- Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system for quick, silent focusing
- minimum focus distance: 27-1/2"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- maximum aperture: f/4 (14mm) - 5.6 (150mm)
- 13 elements in 10 groups
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens element
- 7-blade circular aperture diaphragm for more natural-looking out-of-focus image areas
- filter/attachment size: 58mm
- lens is 2-1/2" in diameter, 3-5/16" long
- weight: 9.17 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- lens hood
- MFR # V316020BU000
What's in the box:
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm f4-5.6 II zoom lens
- LC-58F 58mm front lens cap (installed)
- LR-2 Rear lens cap (installed)
- LH-61C Lens hood
- Warranty card
Olympus M. Zuiko ED 14-150mm f/4-5.6 II reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Olympus M. Zuiko ED 14-150mm f/4-5.6 II
Micro Four Thirds Mount: The M. Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm F4-5.6 II wide angle to medium telephoto zoom lens has a Micro Four Thirds mount, and is compatible with the Olympus PEN and OM-D interchangeable lens cameras. This compact, 10.7x zoom lens weighs less than 10 ounces and comes with the LH-61C lens hood.
Rugged Construction: The lens is built to withstand the harshest shooting conditions. It is splash, freeze, and dustproof, so you can shoot is less-than-optimal conditions.
MSC: This high-quality lens has a built-in MSC (Movie and Still Compatible) inner focusing mechanism for fast, quiet auto-focusing, even while shooting movies.
Lens Hood: The included LH-61C lens hood uses a bayonet mount to attach to the end of the lens. The hood helps to reduce glare and to protect the front lens element. When mounted, the lens hood adds approximately 1.3" to the overall length of the lens. When you don't need to use the lens hood, you can turn it around and reverse-mount it on the lens.
Lens Specifications: The lens has the following specifications:
- Focal Length: 14-150mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 28-300mm
- Maximum Aperture: F4 (14mm) - 5.6 (150mm)
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Angle of View: 75° - 8.2°
- Maximum Image Magnification: 0.22x (0.44x 35mm equivalent)
- Lens Construction: 15 elements in 11 groups (including 1 DSA lens, 1 Aspherical ED lens, 1 ED lens, and 3 HR lenses)
- Focusing Range: 19.7" to infinity
- Diaphragm: 7 blade circular aperture
- Filter Diameter: 58mm
- Dimensions: Diameter=2.485", Length=3.461" to 5.776" (3.832" to 6.173" w/lens caps)
- Weight: 9.9 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?